New to Tripoli

Hi Everyone,

My husband, son and I just moved to tripoli. Im a housewife and will like to meet people, what do women usually do for fun or where to go with your family?

We live in Palm City, the community is very nice but I have not met anybody yet

Welcome to u here and feel free to contact us if u need anything .. all the guys here very nice and helpful.

and if u like we can have coffee or something someday.

Enjoy Libya.

& BTW ... u r already in the best place of Tripoli .. lol

Welcome to Expat.com elvira&brad :)

welcome to tripoli :)

Hello Elivra

Welcome to wonderful Libya, wish u good stay in Libya with ur family;
with time u ll find things to do and learn about the Libyan culture and beautiful place in Libya;

I been to Palm City it's a good place,

My advice for u is to be open minded and try to understand the culture,

Regards

@redsaraya: Several of your messages that you are responding to user: Ahmad.M.S. are seen to be a bit offensive or provocative.

Will you mind by giving us an explanation; why your attitude is as such towards this member?

Regards!

Welcome to Libya....

My advice is to make sure you always have a current, valid exit visa in your passport. Seriously. You don't want to be sat waiting if you should need to leave in a hurry for any reason.

Thank you everyone for the all the suggestions and advice :)

Welcome and hope to see you on the 6th at the Women's Group.

Welcome to the wonderful Libya..

As a start I think that you will enjoy these:

On Facebook :

Ladies who Lunch
Thursday, January 20, 2011 • 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Movida Restaurant - Palm City
Starting from the 20th of January Movida will be holding the first LADIES LUNCH
Buffet @ the price of 20lyd
Welcomed by a healthy cocktail juice
For booking contact: [email protected]

Veranda Cafe Libya
Breakfast
Brunch
Italian
Pizza
Sandwiches
Gergarish Rd 7 km

La Donna
beauty center for ladies
Owner Mrs. Samar 0913660369 (Mobile)    Perfect English
Tripoli, Seraj
Email: [email protected]

Andalusia Libya | Restaurant | Coffeeshop
Mediterranean food restaurant as well as coffee shop, with 4 unique atmospheres. Located right on Marcus Arch Square in Tripoli's old City. Occupying the previous French Consulate, which was established in 1630.
facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fandalusialibya&h=a83ef
bit.ly/4tZ9sZ
(021) 718-9809 | (091) 355-5900

El-Khan Hotel and restaurant
A charming small hotel with 15 rooms beautifully done in Arabic/Oriental style. Located in Tripoli's old town with under 10 minutes walk to the National Museum.

Tripoli National Museum
Lazer Runner Game – Tripoli
Lazer Runner is for all ages. Play it with a few friends or as a part of a larger group, you will have a blast!! Whether you're 6 or 60, this is the game for you. It is the ultimate escape and stress release! Come out and experience it for yourself. You will NOT be disappointed! The winner, who gets the highest number of points, will be given a FREE ROUND. There is also a big screen for the electronic game results.For more information or booking, please call on 0217272554

Family Fun Day At Al Waddan Hotel
Every Friday afternoon between 1PM – 4PM, Al Waddan Hotel offers a great day out for the entire family which includes animation for children, a clown and magician with music and entertainment on it's beautiful Al Midan Terrace!!!
On these days there will also be a special corner for kids, a buffet lunch for the adults, including everyone's favorite dishes and sweets served in the elegance of the Al Midan Restaurant.Prices:
Adults              Lyd 35 per person
Children 0 – 6 years    Free of charge
Children 6 – 12 years   Lyd 20

Set your kids free at Child's Club!
The club is air conditioned and has its own parking facilities, a café, seating areas, internet room, prayer rooms, toilet facilities and baby change, a hall with air hockey tables, billiards, table tennis, table football and a separate birthday party area for children.
Rules inside the club:
•    Bringing food and drinks are not allowed.
•    Smoking is not allowed.
•    Children must be wearing socks at all times.
•    Adults must be wearing socks when entering children's play areas.
•    Eating and drinking is only allowed at tables.
•    Visitors must leave the centre when their allowed time of 2 hours has past.
Entry fees:
•    Children (Up to 13yrs, max height 150cm, for 2 hours):
Under 5 years                                                                      7.5 L.D.
Over 5 years                                                                        12.5 L.D.
•    Adults (each)                                                                       5 L.D.
•    Electronic Entry Card (only on first visit)                    2 L.D.
•    School visits ( 2 Hours )                                                    5 L.D.
•    Birthday parties (2.5 Hours)                                           20 L.D.   pre booked per child
(minimum of 10 children)
Entry conditions:
•    Children must be accompanied by an adult.
•    Time allowed per visit is 2 hours.
•    Children must be wearing socks
•    Must have an entry card or buy one for 2 L.D.
The club is definitely unique and worth a visit, your kids are guaranteed to love this place!
For more information please contact the club on the following phone numbers:
021 4806624
092 3050880

Inside Al-Furuseya public sports club
A public sports club in Abusetta area which was newly renovated and open to the public. It has great new ground layout, with three types of running tracks composed of dirt, concrete and rubber ground tracks.
Inside the circle  are three types of running tracks which are approximately 1KM long stretching along  a large space with green fields, two large playgrounds for kids, and separate training units for men and women, it is worth mentioning that there's an area in the playground restricted to families only.
They also offer free training sessions everyday from 6pm to 8pm except for Tuesdays.
The place has a complete advanced security system including police guards and security cameras installed in the club, however, parents are still advised not to leave their children alone while inside the premises.
There's a small café and a restaurant in the club. Please note that the club is a non-smokers area, pets and bicycles are not allowed and you're not allowed to bring food with you.
Visiting  the place will cost you only 1 Libyan Dinar per entry, but if you frequent the place paying 15 Libyan Dinars for 3 months membership is the best way to go!
Opening hours:
Every day from 5am to 10pm except Tuesdays and occasional horse racing events.

More will come ...

diving

Arebi Diving Centre

Arebi diving center is the longest established dive school in Tripoli-Libya and although it has grown in size since 1994, it is proud to maintain its reputation as professional, friendly and helpful. They cater for experienced and novice divers, the complete beginner, singles or groups and we welcome non-divers on all of their dive trips (space permitting).
Arebi Diving center is open all year round. There are two local dives per day, plus weekly day trips to the Wrecks, offering a wide choice for divers of all levels of ability. Shore dives are also available.
For more information visit:
http://www.diveinlibya.com/index.html

Scuba Libya
Within the Janzour Tourist Village located in the west of Tripoli is Scuba Libya, a Professional Association of Diving Instructors Diving Center.  Scuba Libya was established in Libya in 2003.
With multi-lingual diving instructors (English, French and Arabic), Scuba Libya offer swimming and diving courses for children and adults starting from the from Bubblemaker for kids up to ‘Dive Master', as well as Introduction Dives for people who want to try out diving.
For more information about Scuba Libya check out their website at www.scubalibya.com
The Janzour Tourist Village also has two swimming pools, including one for small children, and is located on the sea front. Expats are able to swim here freely in regular swimming costume.

Janzour Horse Riding Centre
Offering a range of lessons for children and adults from beginners through to advanced.  Classes are taught by English-speaking, certified instructors.  See attached files for pricing, riding schedule and information on horses pensions.  The riding school can be found opposite the Janzour Beach Hotel and just down the road from the OEA camp.

@Dadorocks: Why don't you create a new discussion and then post these useful leisure information. It would have been more appropriate ;)

Or you can also compiled these information and submit it as a participative guide for Tripoli forum. You can submit guide by clicking here.

Regards

Yud wrote:

@Dadorocks: Why don't you create a new discussion and then post these useful leisure information. It would have been more appropriate ;)

Or you can also compiled these information and submit it as a participative guide for Tripoli forum. You can submit guide by clicking here.

Regards

Thank you Yud for the hint...
I registered here to offer my assistant to all of you guys.. and this beautiful lady asked for the assistant and I gladly offered her mine...
You are welcome to copy my information and post them wherever you want....
Have a nice day ..

Hi,

just to let you know, several off topic messages were moved to a private forum.

Julien wrote:

Hi,

You mean deleted ? ;):D:lol:

Mudman wrote:
Julien wrote:

Hi,

You mean deleted ? ;):D:lol:

LOLOLOLOLOL   :lol:

Thank you Sea Angel, I will be there on the 6th at the women's group :)

Welcome Elvira and Brad :)

and thank you Dadorocks for taking so much time to post all of the usefull info mentioned above and in such  a thorough manner :top:

It was also a good thing that a chunk of the discussion was deleted since it had no relative usefullness.  It degenerated when one ( new ? ) guy posted insulting remarks about the host country in order to provoke a reaction from the locals and that's exactely what he got, a local with an easily irritable temper decided to respond in kind, leading to the usual result...

My humble opinion, hope I don't get banned/deleted/prosecuted...

Napalm wrote:

Welcome Elvira and Brad :)

and thank you Dadorocks for taking so much time to post all of the usefull info mentioned above and in such  a thorough manner :top:

It was also a good thing that a chunk of the discussion was deleted since it had no relative usefullness.  It degenerated when one ( new ? ) guy posted insulting remarks about the host country in order to provoke a reaction from the locals and that's exactely what he got, a local with an easily irritable temper decided to respond in kind, leading to the usual result...

My humble opinion, hope I don't get banned/deleted/prosecuted...

Just don't overstep the lines Napalm and you should do fine  ;)

@elvira&brad

i changed my mind .. i said all the guys here are really nice and helpful!
no .. welcome and be carful here and don't do my mistake by involving your self with bunch of s* people because there're a lot of them in here.

Example : maybe u'll find some one saying "good that a post had no relative usefulness has been deleted" while in the same time he/she's so far of being useful in the same post.

Also, be careful of making grammatical or spelling mistakes! It's a sin in here!

Ahmad.M.S wrote:

Also, be careful of making grammatical or spelling mistakes! It's a sin in here!

I fixed that for you. ;)

Mudman

loooollll ... many thanks .... seems i did few sins in one line :D

Ahmad.M.S wrote:

@elvira&brad

i changed my mind .. i said all the guys here are really nice and helpful!
no .. welcome and be carful here and don't do my mistake by involving your self with bunch of stupid people because there're a lot of them in here.

Example : maybe u'll find some one saying "good that a post had no relative usefulness has been deleted" while in the same time he/she's so far of being useful in the same post.

dude that example of yours literally flew off my head in a second after reading it.

You are at least in Palm City!!

I would start by checking out the Tripoli Expat women's group that is organized on Meetup.com.  This women's group actually meets at Palm City once per month as well as doing many other things.  Also, at the Palm City recreation centre many women drop in for water aerobics Monday and Thursday at 10 a.m. No swimming or prior experience required.

Welcome to Tripoli - Libya

Tripoli is nice place and interestingly you can visit madinah ( Old city ) in the heart of Tripoli and you can view the meditererean sea.

wonderfulHussain wrote:

Tripoli is nice place and interestingly you can visit madinah ( Old city ) in the heart of Tripoli and you can view the meditererean sea.

And then in the afternoon you can.... ;)

:lol::lol::lol:

yes, indeed, you can ...

Mudman wrote:
wonderfulHussain wrote:

zlatan wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:

yes, indeed, you can ...

Mudman wrote:
wonderfulHussain wrote:

Go and watch the grass growing in Green Square? ;)

sandman :lol::lol::lol::lol: you read my mind, I've never seen such a boring environment in my whole life.

SandraD6322 wrote:

You are at least in Palm City!!

I would start by checking out the Tripoli Expat women's group that is organized on Meetup.com.  This women's group actually meets at Palm City once per month as well as doing many other things.  Also, at the Palm City recreation centre many women drop in for water aerobics Monday and Thursday at 10 a.m. No swimming or prior experience required.

Thank you Sandra, I'm a member of the meetup group and have met some very nice ladies already. I will try the aquaerobics.

My wife and children are coming for two weeks and I am under orders to find them more stuff to do than last time. She has emailed me this Ladies that Lunch thing so reads this board.

I will ask her to get in touch, she wants to do some aerobic classes whilst here and would probably do something once a day with the children either join in or sit and watch (they dance and do gymnastics)

We were in GEMS in another country,  how have you/your son found the school and life here?

Where are you living? Here in Palm City we have aerobics classes as well and things to do in the community. We like the GEMS school so far. Our sone has only been attending for a week now so not much to experience to judge from.

As far as life here, there isn't much for a woman to do. I have become part of the Tripoli Women's Group and is a good way to meet others.

Les Pat wrote:

My wife and children are coming for two weeks and I am under orders to find them more stuff to do than last time. She has emailed me this Ladies that Lunch thing so reads this board.

I will ask her to get in touch, she wants to do some aerobic classes whilst here and would probably do something once a day with the children either join in or sit and watch (they dance and do gymnastics)

We were in GEMS in another country,  how have you/your son found the school and life here?