Singapore visa for a Kenyan citizen

Hi guys, kindly I wish to know if its true that no visa required for a Kenyan moving to Singapore.I am a procurement officer about to relocate to Singapore with hopes of a good job offer and career advancement.

amazing.central@ wrote:

Hi guys, kindly I wish to know if its true that no visa required for a Kenyan moving to Singapore.I am a procurement officer about to relocate to Singapore with hopes of a good job offer and career advancement.

Tourist visa in on arrival but a sponsor letter is needs to be submitted before travel. In case I am wrong on this  I suggest that you do a Google search for information or contact the your closest Singaporean Embassy for the information.

Thanks Stumpy for that info, it was very useful.

Wondering if there are African employees and enterprenueres in Singapore, also which companies offer accomodation n sponsorship for their foreign employees?

I've met several (South) African people living and working in Singapore, all of them white.
Black people (I only met American ones) face quite a bit of (inofficial, daily life) discrimination and prejudices.
Immigrating into Singapore as an entrepreneur is very difficult - I recommend you come as employee first to test the waters.

Hi, my number is *** , i really want to immigrate to Singapore for formal job prospects. Have you already gone there?

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Don't share your number in the public forum for security reasons and follow the guidelines in expat forum.

Secondly, find an employer who can hire you and will apply your employment pass or working visa based on the job profile. Other than this, no way you can migrate to Singapore (other than visit visa on arrival for 30 days) and legally work here (Entrepreneurial visa is out of scope for you).

Good luck.

It's true there are no visa requirements, but someone like me is worried how to settle there. And whether it's hard to land your first job

Johnnyakundi: There might be no visa requirement for a short visit (15 - 30 days, extendable to 89 days if you have valid reasons to stay that long) if you are from a privileged country, but for settling or working in Singapore EVERYONE needs a visa. Finding a job AND getting that visa within a short visit is nearly impossible - but you could use your visit to apply for jobs and attend interviews, then return home and wait for your work visa there.

HI BEPPI.
my question is what is the reasonable salary for person who has 17 years work experience for apply spass.please help me to know it.

Rezarahimi: This depends on your profession, education, whether the work experience is applicable for the offered job, and a few more criteria. You can get a first estimate of what applies in your case from the SAT toll on MoM's website.