Kite surf

Hi Everybody,
I am looking for Kitesurfers here in Kuwait.
I havne't done it for a long time and would love to try again, I have all my equipment here but I guess my kite is a bit too big !! 16m².
Hope to have answers.
Take care all of you.
Paul:D

Welcome to Expat-blog, Frenchpaul! :)

Hope that members respond to your query soon.

Regards,
Sheetul

Hi Paul

You can find ppl with kite in Missela area specialy at the weekend.

:)

Thanks Diver (by the way I am also a diver... ;-)) 

Do you mean Messila or Missela ??
If it is Missela, could you tel me please where it is situated.
Cheers.
Paul

Hi Paul

I ment Al Messila look at the map to make it easy for you
img816.imageshack.us/img816/3514/image1ie.jpg

:D

Anybody still kite here?  It was windy today and I would like to find someone to kite with.  have gear.  Thanks!

Hey, oh my god I am so happy, someone kiting in Kuwait !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here is my number call me please !!!!!
;-))

Paul

Goodluck guys! yeah tag me along with u i love to join u guys cheers!

or, if you dont fancy heading all the way over to messila, you will find them congregating near marina waves on an almost daily basis, just head toward the beach and you will find the kiters. a very friendly group, much afinity for like-minded individuals, i gave it a go once, but i couldnt do the figure 8 with the kite.

there are also several shops to cater to your maintenance needs, some in salmiya (near marina i hear) and one in al-muthanna complex in kuwait city, next to the fish shop on the first floor.

Hi Mate,

Can I ask you where is Marina waves ??
I live just across the beach in Messilia but I never see anyone doing kite there !!!

Thanks for your help.

Paul

Salmiya area, where Marina mall is, its the beacch area there. right next to the rock climbing thingie

:)

Ok Thank you very much, will go and have a look later on then.

altho, i hear the best places to go are out near the desert areas, for the best winds. for that, u'll need to know someone with a 4x4

or is that kiting, as opposed to kite surfing? i get confused between the sports :/

Hi French Paul
Sounds like we are both talking about kite surfing.  I saw someone flying a dual control kite at the beach at the marina, but not kite surfing. 

So, we need to figure out if people kite surf.  I haven't seen it anywhere in the Salmiya area.

I don't have a car for a while - but still want to kite.  I have a 12M kite - and we could share if it was too windy for your 16m kite.  Let me know.

Hi frenchpaul,
today in the afternoon have you been on the beach with your kites (one green, other red and black)near to the Shrimp restaurant..?? ..i was there taking a photos...

Hi FrenchPaul,  are you still in town?  We normally kite in Khiran.  That's south of Kuwait.

Scribble if still in here.

David

I dont have a gear for Kites , but i have ben doing it when i was a kid , and it certainly wont hurt to do it again ... btw where to find the kite gear in Kuwait ??

if its the kiting which resembles a crescent moon parachute - theres a shop in Marina (salmiya) somewhere, and one in Muthana Complex in Kuwait City - next to where the acquarium used to be, right infront of the prayer area there. i think its the half that is above baskin robins in the basement, and the shoe shops Sarhan and what not.

if its not that kind of kiting, i do not know :P

:|