Fishing Trip

Group of Western expats (4-6 couples) wanting to arrange a fishing trip ... can anyone tell us where to procure a boat / guide / captain, equipped with gear / food & drinks for the day ... we have a budget of about 50kd per couple / figure that should secure a fairly reasonably good sized and equipped vessel ... anyone tell us where to look?

Thanks

Do Marinas have offices?  I'd probably try Marina Crescent first, because I know they have the larger charters there (or island boats, or something - lol)  There's a website for fishing charters, but they hardly ever have anything worthy listed, I'm sure there's got to be better options out there somewhere... lol 

:D

Thanks for the feedback, I'm looking around, but just not much luck yet.

www.fishfishme.com

you know, I actually drove down to the Al Khiran Marina this last weekend - talked with one of the boat skippers that were actually listed on that site - my first 'no' came when I asked him if we could go out at pre-daybreak, so we'd be fishing as the sun rose - second no came when I ask him to supply the rods, reels, rigging/tackle (maybe even some food and drinks), and bait for everyone in exchange for a higher rate.  We don't want to go out and buy a bunch of equipment that we may only use once a year, and who says we know 'what' to buy, what kind of bait, and how to rig it - thats why we go to a charter service (guide service) - thats not what you get here, here your renting a boat with a skipper, thats it!  You'd think for nice boat at 200 +/- 50 that it would come with some form of utilities and guidence //
I don't understand this - I keep hearing talk that kuwait wants tourists - to do what?  lol

Good to know. We were booking last year a boat for 40-50 KD and I did not expect nor wanted anything else but the basics, but for the current prices I certainly would.

Talk is just a talk, and seldom turns into anything more in Kuwait.

Ribosom wrote:

And, THIS is the meaning of "inshallah"  :)

@SherriO Inshallah is the most abused word in Arabic language. It has a "good" meaning but most use it "badly". So I don't agree that THIS is the meaning of inshallah.

Regarding the topic of the thread. Some friends of mine are organizing a trip, would you like to join them?

justfedup wrote:

@SherriO Inshallah is the most abused word in Arabic language. It has a "good" meaning but most use it "badly". So I don't agree that THIS is the meaning of inshallah.

Regarding the topic of the thread. Some friends of mine are organizing a trip, would you like to join them?

A beautiful word, with beautiful meaning. Definitely abused.

A fishing trip is on the list, but planning for later in the year. Inshallah.

Ribosom wrote:

I'm beginning to understand why, as everyone here wants to make everything so complicated.  Nothing is straight forward, efficient, or in anyway simplified, and as people realize how complicated the subject is they're immediately turned off and no follow through is achieved.  There is no 'real' form of customer service here as the local community see's 'you' as simply "privileged" to receive 'their' services.  Or in some cases your expected to pay for the privilege of servicing yourself!  lol   -what a culture-   lol

The culture here is complicated too !!

Hello everyone, :)

I remind you that the subject here is about a fishing trip :

Catchoftheday wrote:

Group of Western expats (4-6 couples) wanting to arrange a fishing trip ... can anyone tell us where to procure a boat / guide / captain, equipped with gear / food & drinks for the day ... we have a budget of about 50kd per couple / figure that should secure a fairly reasonably good sized and equipped vessel ... anyone tell us where to look?

Thanks

Let us stick to that topic. If you have anything to share about culture and daily routines, please, feel free to create a new thread on the Kuwait forum.

Cheers,
Bhavna  ;)