Migrating to Mauritius

Hi guys. I need help and information.  My husband and I along with our twin daughters live in cape town and  are migrating to Mauritius this year. My husband us a hair dresser. How do we go about applying for work permits. He will travel first to apply get a job and fund a house and school etc. Aldo would it be cheaper for us to send all our furniture up or just buy new stuff wjen we get there. Whst is the price of second hand cars. Any useful info would be appreciated. We are not sure on which area we would like to live in depending on the cost of living. But again any help is welcome.

Regards
Chivonne

Hello Chivonne and welcome to Expat.com

I suggest you to read articles in our Living in Mauritius guide so as to gather as much info as possible to best prepare your expatriation project.

To have an idea of second hand cars or even furnitures prices, I suggest you have a look at required fields in our Classifieds section.

It would be good also to browse through threads in our Formalities in Mauritius as well as Work in Mauritius section of the forum to know exactly how to apply for a job.

There are specific rules for expatriates to be able to be employed in Mauritius.

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hi kenjee

Thank you for the reply and the info I will have a look at them all. Much appreciated
Regarding the specific rules for a expat to get employment are they certain trades. My husband is a hairstylist and we are planning to in the future open a salon there.

Regards
Chivonne

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : No free ads here please + register in the business directory

thanks
do you know any company who hire drivers?