Visa extension

The silly season must be back in full swing.   Only this evening I spoke to a hotel owner that had a customer here in Nha Trang get sold a "fake" 3 mth extension.    This customer of his found that out on exit at Saigon airport.    He was detained, missed the flight and in the end it cost him $800 in expenses incurred and fees for a valid Visa .

The agency concerned at first denied any wrong doing. Then after police intervention they apparantly blamed a rogue staff member for the fake entry in the passport.  I also know a staff member at this agency very well, 😉and that didn't surprise me.

This is the second incident here in Nha Trang that I'm aware of like this.   

Im only going on what this hotel owner told me, ( I've known him 5 years) but hopefully that agency gets stripped of its business licence.

So......what happens now. Are we to request a certificate of authenticity from immigration to verify that that little stamp and scribbled initials in our passports is legit.....Yogi thinks they might have an additional fee for that service.

I won't name anyone, but I wouldn't be looking to do business around Pastuer St, Nha Trang any time soon until matters are clarified.

thanks that is good info. forgery would be very easy. Agents must be losing a lot of income at the moment through lack of visa extensions so you would expect a few would go down that track.

Gday Panda,
I again state that I'm only going on what's been told to me by a hotel owner I've known for 5 years, and I do know the agency very well that's implicated.    Until the matters been dealt with by the authorities concerned ,it's best to proceed with caution .

There are some good people , and some not so good people in that game.

As others here have said, things change daily here.  The hotel owner said that the new Prime minister sworn in this week will more than likely bring further changes to the playing field with regard to Visa matters.   

In my case , it doesn't worry me too much.  I like to exit to neighbouring countries for a break every few months and the $45 at the airport on arrival in Saigon is well worth it.   $180 bucks a YEAR mate, hard to beat.

It's pretty good here......Yogi reckons there are only two types of people in Vietnam....
Those that live in Nha Trang ...and those that wish they did.

Ha ha ha ..lets see a few come out swinging at that comment.  Any how,, time for Yogi to have a beer and kick back for the weekend.   

Yabba Dabba Doo   Kiddies.

Redbeard42 wrote:

Never tried her but it does list her prices..

http://www.chiscafe.com/visas.html

"do not include VAT"   ... haha what VAT!!

Don't trust Chi's Cafe with your visa or passport!