Temporary Residence Cards without WP

Hi folks,

As some of you may be aware, there are certain people with connections offering TRC without needing a work permit (which is, AFAIK, a prerequisite before you apply for TRC). The prices vary, from $500 to $750. I know one guy who is reliable enough for extending B3 visas for a friend of mine without him ever leaving the country, for a year and half now.

So that guy offered me a TRC for 2 years at $750. From what I know, I have to be either holding a work permit or be in senior management (board of directors, etc.) of a company, or be head of a Representative Office here.

So I'd like to know personal experiences of people here if any of you have gone through this path. What I am concerned the most is getting into trouble with VN Immigration and be deported. I moved to Vietnam because my girlfriend is Vietnamese, so I sure as hell don't want to get deported.

I run a small company in Singapore and also work online so I won't be looking for jobs in Vietnam. And setting up a company here will cost me an arm and a leg (I'll stand corrected if someone can enlighten me), so not sure if I can go down that road without spending a lot.

Any tips and personal experiences will be hugely appreciated, guys.

Thanks!

-- Sam

(P.S: If you don't feel comfortable talking about it in public, you can send me a PM too)

Sam,

Your Vietnamese girlfriend can help make things a lot easier for you, if she is trust-worthy enough and sharp enough.  There is nothing that those so-called runners can do for you that she can't.  It is only a matter of you trusting her and she being capable of navigating the immigration maze.

Best wish,
Howie

You don't want to work here in Vietnam. Just need a TRC to visit girl friend? Also don't want to marry her?
If you do not intend to marry her, she also helpless in this matter. Yes, your hearsay is correct- you can obtain a TRC without much trouble or documents!
All you need is a Valid passport and 4 photos, and of course the money. If you have WP it only cost $200 - 250. Otherwise $500 - $900 depends the agent you approaching.
And who told you here setting up  business costly? Many of Sing Citizens do business here and some of my acquaintances want to come here to open some business because of the high living cost in Singapore!

charmavietnam wrote:

You don't want to work here in Vietnam. Just need a TRC to visit girl friend? Also don't want to marry her?
If you do not intend to marry her, she also helpless in this matter. Yes, your hearsay is correct- you can obtain a TRC without much trouble or documents!
All you need is a Valid passport and 4 photos, and of course the money. If you have WP it only cost $200 - 250. Otherwise $500 - $900 depends the agent you approaching.
And who told you here setting up  business costly? Many of Sing Citizens do business here and some of my acquaintances want to come here to open some business because of the high living cost in Singapore!

Now now... while I appreciate your response, I am not too sure about your assumptions you made here. And I won't be explaining myself.

For business part, I am not sure if you are aware that you can setup a company in Singapore at much less cost within 24 hours. Tax exemptions and all that favor new companies in Singapore, and yearly secretarial fees are really low. Good luck getting anything done in Vietnam at similar cost range.

Woo!  A complete package for $500-$900...  Did you see that, Budman???

Wild_1 wrote:

It's more like $500 - $1250, with agents promising to be more reliable cos they are mor expensive :D

Wild_1 wrote:

Yeah, that's true. I got my first 3 year TRC for $600 without any WP.

Wild_1 wrote:

Yep I did Wild_1, The going rate to get deported is less than $1300.00 now days. I'll wait till this takes effect:

http://vnimm.gov.vn/nimppPW/appmanager/ … Document_2

Budman1 wrote:
Wild_1 wrote:

Yep I did Wild_1, The going rate to get deported is less than $1300.00 now days. I'll wait till this takes effect:

http://vnimm.gov.vn/nimppPW/appmanager/ … Document_2

Yeah, law is always clear with loopholes!
What I mentioned above is not a fake one to fine upto 30000,000 VND. It's a clear legal TRC stamped and issued by Immigration Department which I proved and satisfied myself by showing the immigration officers and of the local police. And the card shows the company sponsoring the card holder. I think this is enough to stay and travel.

LOL wow, I have received quite a few messages offering me TRC at discounted rates or extend period of time :D... I've become Mr. Popular!

Sam,

You better share those goodies, otherwise...  :dumbom:  Budman will not be very kind!!!

Immigration has been cracking down on the under the table TRC, they have been going through companies that name appears on the paperwork.

Can I have the monopoly please? :D

colinoscapee wrote:

Immigration has been cracking down on the under the table TRC, they have been going through companies that name appears on the paperwork.

Yeah. I won't be going down that route anymore since I sure as hell don't want to get deported. I am here for my girlfriend after all :)

Yiu could try going to Cambodia and try your luck getting a 1 year visa. I never understand why they have to keep changing the rules every few months, its getting to the stage where people are packing up and leaving due to the visa system.

Hey Faith. Fellow Singaporean here. Well I got my TRC made in Jan this year with an agent as well. Cost me about $800. I am teaching here in VN but don't have a degree so I couldn't make a work permit with the company. I am not sure about the rules now but I did travel to Singapore about a month ago and I just showed the immigration my TRC upon exiting and entering Vietnam.

The duration is 2 years so I do hope the laws won't change much until then and I don't get into any trouble.

Hi,

I can share with you regarding your concerns, feel free to contact me.

Xinhdephon wrote:

Hi,

I can share with you regarding your concerns, feel free to contact me.

Hey,

Thanks. You can PM me. What do you want to talk about?

-- Sam

Sam,

I can help you get deported and banned from Vietnam for a foreseeable future.  :top:  My fee is cheap.  ;)  Let me know when you want to go home.  :D

*gulp* I am still receiving PMs on various kind of "help". Now now... can someone PM me where I can buy Atlantis City from Pegasus Galaxy? Surely you guys can build me a replica at least!

Sam,

You are still looking for Atlantis?  Dude, Budman is living in it.  Share the good deals with him, and he will give you a tour.

Didnt they also just have documentary on cable about mermaids, maybe the mermaids are living in Atlantis.

No, they ain't mermaids. You guys are confused. They are hi-tech underwater guards formed by nanites. Why do you think nobody has found Atlantis yet!

Wild_1 wrote:

Sam,

You are still looking for Atlantis?  Dude, Budman is living in it.  Share the good deals with him, and he will give you a tour.

Not unless he shows me the way to the control room. I am the heir of Atlantis! The Ancients are my ancestors.

Ah, now the light has come on,lol.

Bump,,, Anything new on TRC's with no WP?

Nope. I have given up on it, actually. Why?

Budman1 wrote:

Bump,,, Anything new on TRC's with no WP?

For a small fee I will introduce you to a friend of a friend who has a friend that may know someone with a friend.....

:D Still keeping humor ah? Means not bored in Quang Ngai.

ancientpathos wrote:

For a small fee I will introduce you to a friend of a friend who has a friend that may know someone with a friend.....

TRC and WP going in pairs. Those, who have TRC and no WP might find out soon:

1. - They have a WP and are not aware off
2. - see 1, when its time to renew
3. - Various terms like Visa, Visa Excemption, Working Visa are mixed up
4. - He/she is an investor

l3ully wrote:

TRC and WP going in pairs. Those, who have TRC and no WP might find out soon:

1. - They have a WP and are not aware off

This one to be aware of for those who buy one and are looking for work legitimately.
It can\will cause problems should they find work and the "new" employer is seeking to sponsor them.
It's ok if you are aware of it, but I know of someone who wasn't found a job and tried to get WP etc. with the new employer.
Ended up very messy and they ended up leaving VN altogether.

If you are not looking to work it's often cheaper\easier just to go to Cambodia and get a 6\12 month visa there.

The work permit/residence card is getting messier by the year. As Laidback says, best to go and get a 6 month visa in Cambodia. Still never ceases to amaze my why you have to leave the country to get a visa that could be done here in Viet Nam. But as my secretary told me many times,in Viet Nam the government like to do everything the hard way. Same as when you get married, why the hell do you have to get a stamp or pay every 3 months, your married, just leave it at that till the 5 years is up.

I am not sure. My effort this year to renew a 3 years residency for another 3 years where about 5 minutes, at least 3 minutes of that time where for greetings and bla bla.
And no, no thick envelope, but a file with required papers (taxes paid, all employees paid, taxed/insured, written and signed contracts, full work orders, regular new hires, no layoffs, long time employees). That is, what they want to see.
The first time, yes. It was a bit like running in circles and no progress visible. However, the effort has paid off.

Get you papers in order and you will have it very easy, leave them a mess and you gonna find more and more hurdles to take, next to the costs.

As you said, renewing is a much easier task, getting a new one is the problem. Hopefully one day the system will be a bit more efficent.

If I would be staying illegal in you country and break all rules, how easy you country would make it for me?

I consider myself here as a guest and for that reason, I make my papers in order, according to the rules here, even if it takes some time.

The requirements are set:

- Qualification and/or work experience
- Police clearance
- ID/passport
- Medical
- investment/Employment
- 16 Passport photos

I personally consider that not really as challenge. If that can't be fulfilled, than you really have no good reason to stay/reside in Vietnam.

Who are you talking to.

To those, who think, they just have a right to stay and work here without the required paper work.

That things getting more challenging over time is simply the abuse of freedom granted to foreigners.

Ok, so the majority of those would be Chinese, maybe you can post that on a Chinese forum.

Do I look like a Chinese or one of your staff?

colinoscapee wrote:

Who are you talking to.

I think l3ully is talking to anyone here who needs to listen, and I agree with him. Either live and work here following their rules, or leave. All the abuse just makes it harder for those trying to play by the rules.