China Visa

Hi all,

As a U.S citizen I need a China Visa in order to enter and tour their country.  If I'm living in Saigon (HCMC), where can I go to apply for a China Visa with a U.S passport?  Please advise.

Thanks.

Tin Tin

Whether it is U. S passport holder or any other nationalities need  a valid visa to enter in to any country for tour purpose or for work other than people who are exempted from visa rules.
Travel agencies are the best and easy way to get stamped the visa, and the embassies and consulates!

FORGET THE TRAVEL AGENCIES!

I regularly travel to China and have never used a Travel Agency for a visa - in fact I use a Travel Agency ONLY for ticketing.

The Chinese Consulate in TP HCM is:
Consular Office
175, Hai Ba Trung Road
District 3
Ho Chi Minh City
Tel: +84-(0)8-38001330
Hours: 8:30-11:30 Monday-Friday
E-mail: [email protected]
((This server is in the Tianhe District of Guangzhou and is known to dump malware))

This address is on HAI BA TRUNG NEAR NGUYEN VAN THU - almost at Dien Bien Phu.

You will need TWO PASSPORT PIX. Note: There is a photo trimmer device that you have to use in the Consulate. Cuts cute rounded corners on your mug shot. Your picture is also loaded in to the Chinese Facial Recognition Database

It usually takes TWO DAYS for a VISA, but they have an (official) pay more and get it in one day system. Second and subsequent applications are quicker than 2 days.

Fees vary depending on passport used.

If you are over 60 years of age, they will let you go to the front of the line up.

charmavietnam wrote:

Travel agencies are the best and easy way to get stamped the visa, and the embassies and consulates!

Baloney!

VN Travel Agents rip you off for visas.

Hi Jaitch,

You are right. You must have a lot of experiences in Vietnam. Hihi. No travel agency will have chance to cheat on you I think

All your comments on the other topics are very useful too

Thanks for your sharing to others

Nice 9

Sarah

tintinmiami2013 wrote:

Hi all,

As a U.S citizen I need a China Visa in order to enter and tour their country.  If I'm living in Saigon (HCMC), where can I go to apply for a China Visa with a U.S passport?  Please advise.

Thanks.

Tin Tin

Legally, foreigners in Vietnam want to apply for China visa (or any other countries) must adapt one of two papers:
1- valid long-term Vietnam visa
2- Vietnam work permit
Do you have one of two papers?

KathyBrown1410 wrote:

Legally, foreigners in Vietnam want to apply for China visa (or any other countries) must adapt one of two papers:
2- Vietnam work permit

You are plain WRONG.

People can enter China with only a CN visa - it's nothing to do with any VN paperwork, unless you want to return.

The only thing CN Immigration police at land border need to see is an exit stamp from VN. Certain border points also place a stamp on a totally different page that most passport holders don't see.

I go to China regularly - they could care less about VN paperwork unless you are returning. On one occasion the VN Consulate in NanNing screwed up. The CN authorities refused to let me leave, gave me a free bus ride back to NanNing and then let me leave after visa expiry and they waived the late departure fee.

Jaitch wrote:
KathyBrown1410 wrote:

2- Vietnam work permit

You are plain WRONG.

KathyBrown is right: If you apply for a china Visa as a foreigner without long term Visa for Vietnam Legally you have to apply on the China Embassy in your Home Country! You can get a China Visa in Hgk-Airport also.

People can enter China with only a CN visa - it's nothing to do with any VN paperwork, unless you want to return.

The only thing CN Immigration police at land border need to see is an exit stamp from VN. Certain border points also place a stamp on a totally different page that most passport holders don't see.

I go to China regularly - they could care less about VN paperwork unless you are returning. On one occasion the VN Consulate in NanNing screwed up. The CN authorities refused to let me leave, gave me a free bus ride back to NanNing and then let me leave after visa expiry and they waived the late departure fee.

Hi tin tin,

Did you get your visa into china?
I am an Australian in Vietnam and I want to ge ta z visa to teach English in China.
Just wondering if you found it possible from the embassy in Hanoi or the consulate in Ho Chi Minh?
Does any one know??

Hi Bexpaget,

Tin tin's post is rather old and he has not connected since long. Please consider creating your own topic on the China forum so that you may get some feedbacks.

All the best,
Bhavna

Ok. I posted my question here: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 25#3618571
If anyone has info please reply. Thanks!

Hello! You can try internship in Asia and studying Chinese at the same time and go through student visa. I can recommend you to have a look here:

internasia.com/why-internship-asia

There are a lot of useful information already!

Have a great day!

hi, am from Ghana and currently married to a Vietnamese i want to apply for. have already got the admission to a school in China to further my education....how can I apply for a student visa in Vietnam ...thank you

myersphilip wrote:

..... have already got the admission to a school in China to further my education....how can I apply for a student visa in Vietnam ...thank you

The school/institution in China  where you've taken admission should guide you on that. Pls get in touch with them.