How to get Cambodia visa in Vietnam ?

I'll be travel to Cambodia next weekend ... And need to get Cambodia visa and also need to make Vietnam visa to come back..... Does anyone know if it's possible to get a Cambodian visa on arrival at the Vietnam Chau Doc border crossing with Cambodia? Or is it possible at any of the other border crossings?

Also, does anyone know if it's possible to obtain a visa from the Cambodian consulate in Ho Chi Minh city? And if so, is it possible to get the visa issued same day? I've emailed them a few times but have received no response.

Thanks in advance.

Daisy

The Cambodian Visa is very simple. You are getting it at the boarder. Just take 21 USD, a passport picture and wait some minutes. Very easy.
Visa for Vietnam is more complicated. You can do it in Pnomh Phen vietnamese embassy. But it will need some days. Or better apply for it in Vietnam through a service center.

Thank you for yor imformation ...

I already have  Vietnam visa , do I need to make another one when entry back to vn?

Thank...

Hi Daisy, how are you getting to Cambodia? Assuming you are going by bus, the operator will sort it out for you but pretty much all done at the border.
Visa for Vietnam, how long you staying in Cambodia for? You cannot get the visa processed on a Sunday, but again it's fairly straight forward, you can do it yourself if you're feeling brave. Previously I've always asked at the hotel I've stayed at and let them sort it out for me. Never had a problem and always been a quick turn around. I've arrived there on a Friday around 11am and had my passport\visa back on the Saturday. You can get same day service but it costs a little more.

I'll stay only for 5 days ... For the Vietnam visa, should I go to Dong Du office to change my visa from one time entry to mutable entry or what ?   Anybody know ?

Thanks,

Daisy

Hello Daisy, i travel to/from Cambodia fairly regularly, you can get a Visa on arrival at the airport or border crossing.
If you're traveling by air, the Cambodia Visa office is clearly indicated inside the terminal, from memory it's $25 for the Visa and an extra $1 if you don't have a photo with you.
If you're traveling by bus ($13 each way), the bus companies are very well organized. I travel on Mekong Express Buses, they collect all the passports and $25 each. They handle all the procedures. At the Vn crossing you have to collect in a building where the Vn border officials call out your name and you collect your passport - tedious and scruffy, but straight forward.

BTW - if you do intend to travel to Cambodia on or near Saturday 27th, better get your ticket asap.
I bought three tickets for my family over a week ago and there were very few seats left.

Check that you have a multiple entry Vn Visa, and the expiry date.
Again - the bus companies can handle all that in Phnom Penh, but they do need a about 24 hours notice.

On one occasion i misread my Visa date and while i was on the bus traveling to the border i noticed that it was expired - my wife and daughter are Vietnamese so they don't need a Visa.

I wasn't allowed to cross the border, and it was a Sunday evening. I got off the bus on the Cambodia side of the crossing, gave my passport to the bus company, they took it back to Phnom Penh and got me a new Visa and delivered it to me the next morning, i was back in my office by 3.00pm. Inconvenient and frankly silly of me, but not really a problem at all.

Daiisy,

You can get your Cambodian Visa online. The cost is $28 and takes about 3 days. The nice thing about it is it does not take up an entire page in your passport.

vnstephen wrote:

BTW - if you do intend to travel to Cambodia on or near Saturday 27th, better get your ticket asap.
I bought three tickets for my family over a week ago and there were very few seats left.

Thank you very much for your imformation ...is really help to know so I can prepare its ... Yes, my friend had to stay in line for almost three hours to get all 5 tickets ... Is holiday weekend so all the bus line all very busies.    Again, thank for your imformation ...

Sincerely,

Daisy

Parmyd wrote:

ou can get your Cambodian Visa online. The cost is $28 and takes about 3 days. The nice thing about it is it does not take up an entire page in your passport.

Do you have a link? And what happens at the border crossing?Just a stamp? I've not heard of this before. Does this apply to travel by bus or just air?

Here's a link LBF:

http://www.mfaic.gov.kh/evisa/

laidbackfreak wrote:
Parmyd wrote:

ou can get your Cambodian Visa online. The cost is $28 and takes about 3 days. The nice thing about it is it does not take up an entire page in your passport.

Do you have a link? And what happens at the border crossing?Just a stamp? I've not heard of this before. Does this apply to travel by bus or just air?

When using Bus, there is a desk for E-Visa, you can go directly to that desk

Budman1 wrote:

Here's a link LBF:

http://www.mfaic.gov.kh/evisa/

cheers Budman.

I've only got 3 pages left in my passport and am trying to avoid filling whole pages with needless visas.
Plenty of places I'd like to go and visit in Cambodia though so if I can get a stamp instead I'd be much happier :)

corrected my blindness in reading :)

LBF thought you could do it here by Bavet (Svay Rieng)

Budman1 wrote:

LBF thought you could do it here by Bavet (Svay Rieng)

Sorry yes you are correct good spot :)

I completely forgot about that, and you're perfectly correct.
That online Cambodia Visa site is really well organized and it saves using up a whole page of your passport.

laidbackfreak wrote:
Parmyd wrote:

I see Budman1 gave you the link. When you do the evisa you will print out 2 copies and just place them in your passport. Cambodian immigration will take 1 when you enter and place an entry stamp. When you exit they will take the other and place an exit stamp. If you are short on empty pages, like I am, it is a blessing.

Hi Daiisy, yes you can do everything no problem, book a bus ticket, you get 30 days on entry to Cambodia, and it take about 2 to 3 days max for Vietnam visa, really easy just tell the ticket agent and they make sure the rest happens.   i go early saturday 27th morning for the same thing!
regards.....

vnstephen wrote:

Check that you have a multiple entry Vn Visa, and the expiry date.
Again - the bus companies can handle all that in Phnom Penh, but they do need a about 24 hours notice.

On one occasion i misread my Visa date and while i was on the bus traveling to the border i noticed that it was expired - my wife and daughter are Vietnamese so they don't need a Visa.

I wasn't allowed to cross the border, and it was a Sunday evening. I got off the bus on the Cambodia side of the crossing, gave my passport to the bus company, they took it back to Phnom Penh and got me a new Visa and delivered it to me the next morning, i was back in my office by 3.00pm. Inconvenient and frankly silly of me, but not really a problem at all.

Vnstephen,

Can you let me know  how much is cost to have vn visa (multiple entry) when the bus company do for you ... My vn vsa is not multiple should I go to Dong Du office to do it or let the bus company handle it for me ...

Do you know  how much the bus company will charge me to get both Cambodia and Vietnam visa ?

What your suggestions ...  Let them handle its or I do it's myself ..

Thank you for ll your imformation ..

Daisy

you can get the Cambodian visa right at the border, or [Moderated: No free ad on the forum]
hope this helps

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

I want to cross the border at Le Thanh (Gia Lai) / Oyadav (Andong Pich - Ratanakiri. Therefore I am still interested if it is possible to get a Cambodian visa at the Cambodia consulate in Ho Chi Ming.It will save me lots of time to spent at the bordercrossing.
Does anyone have that information?
Thx.

Is anyone know how to extend the vn visa in HaNoi area  ... My friend holding Singapore passport ...

Thank you ...

Daisy

Hi Daisy,
I have used extension service of a travel in Hanoi many times. I see that their service is very good. I still save their phone number, 0943.25.25.52, You can ask your friend to call them. They also have a website: http://www.visaforvietnam.org/. You can find more information about them. Hope that it can help your friend.

I'm traveelling strait to Sihanoukville from England. One stop in Vietnam. Can I obtain a Cambodian visa while at Ho Chi Minh airport (waiting for connecting flight) as I believe Sihanoukville don't offer visa services. Or will I need to travel to London before I leave 🤔 Any help please

Google it mate...
Cambodia have VOA visa on arrival @ $30 approx , and you can also get E visa  online. 

Just google Cambodia  visa  requirements.

Obviously that was the first protocol. It says Sihanoukville doesn't do visas. You don't know then. Thanks anyway bud

Also says Sihanoukville doesn't accept e visas.

Shaunieshaun wrote:

I'm traveelling strait to Sihanoukville from England. One stop in Vietnam. Can I obtain a Cambodian visa while at Ho Chi Minh airport (waiting for connecting flight) as I believe Sihanoukville don't offer visa services. Or will I need to travel to London before I leave 🤔 Any help please

There is no facility for obtaining a Cambodian visa at HCMC airport.

As I can see on another popular travel forum, they say VOA is now available at Sihanoukville Intl Airport.... as of March 2017
tripadvisor.com

You better give a call to the Cambodian Embassy in London and get an update on that.

Legend thank you 😊

I found this link super useful!
http://www.movetocambodia.com/planning- … dia-visas/