Myanmar Visa

Does anyone know if a Myanmar/Burma visa can be obtained in HCMC?

Thank you in advance.

Consulate of the Confederation of Myanmar
50 Sam Son Street
Tan Binh District, TP HCM
Cell:0987 38 83 89
Tel (84-8) 54490805

Working Hours 09.00-12.00H, 14.00-17.00H Mon-Fri

Never use the word Burma there!

My wife is going for her Myanmar visa today. We have been told that because she has a Vietnam temporary resident card, the local travel agency we use for booking all our travel can get the Myanmar visa for her. We realize it will probably cost a little more, but don't want or have time to go deal directly with the Myanmar consulate.

Thanks for the info.  Can you recommend your or another good travel agency here in HCMC?

Palomita100,

Regardless of whether you use a travel agency, or go directly to the Myanmar consulate (Jaitch, thank you for the contact information - I called them and got this info over the phone), the qualifications are the same: If you are a foreigner in Vietnam, to get a Myanmar visa in Vietnam, you must have a VN temporary resident card and work permit.

Since you cannot get a resident card in Vietnam without a work permit, most people who have resident cards will meet this requirement. I say most because my wife is one of those people who doesn't have a work permit. We obtained her resident card by using my work permit and our marriage liscense.

Therefore, for the travel agent to get a Myanmar visa for her, we will have to get my company to "sponsor" her - fill out a "Letter of Confirmation" certifying she is associated with my company (as my wife) and will return to VN after the trip is concluded.

To get the visa from the consulate, go here:

http://www.gmas.com.vn/index.php?newlang=english

If you read all the requirements listed on the website, for me, personally, I may just get the travel agent to do it, and pay the extra money (in my case, it will be $50 extra). Even having the travel agent do the legwork, it's still not easy.

[moderated]

kampot wrote:

[Moderated]

Guaranteed for who?

Please don't come here with your spam and convolute the information that others before you have spent a great deal of time to provide for the readers of this forum.

Myanmar visa at the consulate, whose contact info was provided by Jaitch above, is only $35.

Thank you SaigonMonkey for all your information.

Palomita100,
You're welcome, and I also just sent you a PM. Please check.

Thanks for all, Saigon Monkey.  Also heard that is was fairly easy / straightforward to get a Myanmar visa in Bangkok.

^ Getting one in Bangkok may be a possiblity also, if you're traveling there anyway, and will be staying a few days. My wife is going directly from here to Myanmar, and even though she will be transiting through Bangkok, we do not want to take a chance that she can get a Myanmar visa there. We want to have everything sorted before she leaves here.

I applied for mine on Friday and they told me they need 7 days so hpeing i'd get it by next Monday. Planning to go Tuesday latest...

Wild_1 been waiting on his for a looooong time.

Myanmar visa in Bangkok requires a few days' wait. I believe they have express service there which means you get it the day after. At least that was what the embassy told me a few years back. I doubt it has been changed.

It sure sounds challenging to get the visa for Myanmar - but I am sure it's worth going through the hoops...I appreciate everyone jumping in on this topic.

Why not simply get it on-line, like Cambodia>< https://www.myanmarevisa.gov.mm/ >.

This is the official web site of the MM government, not some scam artist.

This way sounds great and I looked into this earlier this week. But after clicking on Step 1 "Apply Now" it directs me to this message:

"Dear Visitor,

Thank you for your interest in visiting Myanmar. E-Visa Online is undergoing beta testing and no applications are allowed for the time being. You may visit nearest Myanmar Embassy at your location in order to apply the Visa. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerly,
Administrator"

The quest continues.

Jaitch wrote:

This is the official web site of the MM government, not some scam artist.

If you're referring to the link I provided, I would agree it looks a little suspect, but it's the site I was told to use by the person at the other end of the phone number you provided above. It looks like some kind of forum like Ex-pat Blog, rather than an official Myanmar-sponsored website. But the PDFs they list do look legit.

myanmarvisa.comme back from Myanmar few months ago with my friend in Hanoi.
At the moment, the visa site from the government does not work yet. If you do have chance to visit Embassy in Hanoi, you can take service online for Myanmar Visa on arrival:

myanmarvisa.org
myanmarvisa.com