Drinking in Bui Vien street on 24 night to celebrate Xmas !!!

Hi guys,

Xmas is coming in town  :D . Do you guys have any plan to celebrate Xmas yet? How about Drinking in Bui Vien street on 24 night? Anyone has any suggestion, pls? :up:

Sarah

Sarah Ly wrote:

Hi guys,

Xmas is coming in town  :D . Do you guys have any plan to celebrate Xmas yet? How about Drinking in Bui Vien street on 24 night? Anyone has any suggestion, pls? :up:

Sarah

Last year, we had dinner in a restaurant in Bui Vien. And then walked around the town. And later, we back Bui Vien again to drank and did something funny . We enjoyed it. Crazy feeling! :-)

You do realise that Xmas is the 25th not the 24th.

colinoscapee wrote:

Nothing like starting early with pre Xmas drinks then getting into the serious Xmas drinks next day... :lol:

Stumpy, they actually celebrate Xmas on the 24th here,not sure why but they do.

@Sarah: I don't think I want to go out on that day :D. Because it's very crowded :p. I've never hangout on X-mas.
Jeepii and Panoy also said we should have another meeting on X-mas. You can post this on our FB group to ask everyone.

@ Mai Nga, it would be fun, we can do the same this year !!! LOL. Will you join us this year???????????

Hi Colin

Yeah, we do it here. We celebrate on 24 night until 12am. Same as you have countdown to welcome new year on the 31th night. I have no idea about Xmas in your country but its like that here. I never celebrated Xmas before, thats why I wanna do it this year  :D  I am already excited for Xmas !!!

ngattt wrote:

@Sarah: I don't think I want to go out on that day :D. Because it's very crowded :p. I've never hangout on X-mas.
Jeepii and Panoy also said we should have another meeting on X-mas. You can post this on our FB group to ask everyone.

Yeah, I will do it next week. Its still early to ask pp in our group now, Nga. What will u do for Xmas then?

stumpy wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:

Nothing like starting early with pre Xmas drinks then getting into the serious Xmas drinks next day... :lol:

Hahahahaha. Good idea, Stumpy  :cheers:

its a bit like expats celebrating Tet a day before you do in Viet Nam,makes no sense.

I have nothing planned on Xmas this year.
Its a little too weird for me actually. So if you guys love to have another new friendly friend, add me on skype migidang : )

colinoscapee wrote:

its a bit like expats celebrating Tet a day before you do in Viet Nam,makes no sense.

I see, could u please suggest something cool to do for Xmas n whats the best plan to gather?I know bcoz i sm not a Christian so I dont know how u guys celebrate Xmas. I just wanna do something special on Xmas holiday. Gadering to drink n talk is my suggestion.

Anyone has idea, guys? Voice up then we will have a good time together !!!

Thanks Colin for letting me know :-)

Sarah

I am wondering what drink do you want, beer or ice tee  :o? If I remember, I havent see you drink beer :D. If I hang out on X-mas day, I prefer to drink beer, not ice tea   :lol:.

Anyway, Colin, you live  Dalat now? I've gone there 3 times, and I like so much the weather in Dalat these days.

Sarah, Christmas is very much a family thing, same as you have with Tet when you gather with your family and friends. I'm sure if you head into town there will be something on. Try and look through The Word and Saigoneer websites,I'm sure they will have some notices as to what's happening in town.

Dalat has a lovely temperate climate and some nice countryside, I struggled when I lived in Saigon, dirty air and ignorant drivers.

Sarah Ly wrote:

@ Mai Nga, it would be fun, we can do the same this year !!! LOL. Will you join us this year???????????

Why not?

I will have Christmas dinner with friends (both Vietnamese and foreigner) - the Italian food style then we will hang out. We'd love to join with you guys together. More people more funny!

i Went out for x-mas yesterday. B/c i'm afraid of traffic problems of HCM city. LOL. In 24th i will drink something at home and listen to music. Marry x-mas everybody ^_^.

ngattt wrote:

...You can post this on our FB group to ask everyone.

Is there a Vietnam Expat.com Facebook group?

It sounds like fun, but all of my neighbors are having a block party that night, and I already told them I would join, so I will not be able to make it. They hired a band!

jakejas wrote:

Is there a Vietnam Expat.com Facebook group?

Yeah. We created it for some members from Expat.com. We all met at every month in Expat gathering and we hanged out sometimes when we have free time.

I went to the meeting in December, but did not realize that there was a facebook group as well. What is the name?

yeah I would like to know too, what is the name of that  fb page?

Hey guy, we will meet at NGOI restaurant at 6.30 pm for dinner and then we go to others places. Address of NGOI restaurant: 245/23 Nguyen Trai street (Opposite Galaxy Nguyen Trai).

Our Epat blog member fb page name is: International friendship - meetup

Sorry I cant post link as I am using phone

See you guys there at 6.30pm

Sarah

Sarah, you mean 24th? or today 23rd?

Thanks
Sulim

Here the FB's group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/374922322683278/

mils08 wrote:

Sarah, you mean 24th? or today 23rd?

Thanks
Sulim

Tomorrow late afternoon, Mils :-)

See ya there tmr

Sarah

I just added fb, plz accept.
may I join you guys tmrw?

Huyen Pham will accept later. Everyone is welcome !!!

I avoid Bui Vien like the plague, It's the scummiest part of Saigon, You're just asking to get ripped off.

Hi Guys

Pla come to the second floor. I booked table for 15 people. Its kinda full for Xmas. If more people come they will arrange place for us

See you guys at 245-23 Nguyen Trai

Sarah

Here some pictures:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/91485187/expat%20-%20blog/21-12/Noel1.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/91485187/expat%20-%20blog/21-12/Noel2.jpg

Frank Malt wrote:

I avoid Bui Vien like the plague, It's the scummiest part of Saigon, You're just asking to get ripped off.

Hi Frank, we walked to Buffalo bar in Bui Vien street after having dinner last night  :D . Yeah its quite crazy traffic jam as people use motor bike to ride around n around. We just walked to drink so we got no problem. Sitting, drinking, talking n seeing people on the street is a good choice  :P