Schools in Tripoli

I may be about to move to Tripoli from Oman and am interested in finding out about the schools available there. My children are 12, 8 and 5. Secondary school is my main concern, are there any decent schools for 12 year olds?? We are in the IB or British system. Are schools big? What are the mix of nationalities? Are the secondary schools big classes?

If anyone can help I would appreciate some answers to some or all of the questions!! Thanks.

am moving there in spring of 2009.  did you get any replies?  no replies shown so I wonder how good this forum is as an info exchange.

Hi there . I am in similar situation but out of AD. Scrolling through these blogs (my first time ) and see more questions than answers or conversations and information exchange.

Did you find anything yet. My son is 8 at British School at present.

I've found out a lot since I first posted.  SEveral international schools. British curriculum represented in the GEM school. American at the American school, Irish at the (biggest as far as I can tell) former Oil Companies School (now the International School of the Martyrs - named for the victims of USA bombing back in the 1980s (I think). Smallest is the American School (also the newest).  We are still moving there. We'll probably send our 13 year old to the American since that (US and Canada) is where we are from.  Don't know as much about the high school level. Good luck.

Dear pals ..I need urgent information ... does anyone know number of Phillipino Community school at Janzour ?

The number and e-mail address I found on internet are not valid. Suggestions ??

Thanks

Have you tried calling round there yourself?

The school is on the main road into Janzour from the motorway, on the left side of the road, approx 400m before the cross-roads where the fruit & veg sellers have their stalls.

Here on Google Earth

N 32.821990
E 13.037946

Hi there!
Well it seems that there are a lot of us in this mould.No? My son aged 11 years is also studying in a premium IB board World school in delhi and i too find myself faced with the same predicament/quandry prior to my move to Tripoli on a job assignment with my company?
Any opening for teachers for maths/computers at these schools shall also help my wife....!
Request respond if in knowhow of the same...!?

We needed English curriculum and the two we looked at for our kids ( both junior school age) were The British School in Gargaresh and International (Gems) in Saraj. As far as I remember Brit School doesn't go right through to A level age yet but GEMS does.  You really need to visit though to get a feel for them.

Hi there,

Your best and near enough only option is Gems school, Tripoli International School.  Its currently the British system however Secondary will be changing next year,I think, to IB. Its got quite a mix of nationalities however its got quite a large proportion of local kids.  High school kids all seem to have very good English.  There's around 93 nationalities! School has lots of extra curricular activities, fantastic music dept, swimming pool/gymnasium.  All teachers are UK qualifiedor from SA/US.  For Primary, British school is excellent.

Is it Tripoli Int. School or International School of Tripoli. there are different schools please clarify

Tripoli International School (TIS) is different from International School Tripoli (the GEMS School).  Both teach the British Curr. TIS is smaller - around 260 students from Nursery - Grade 9 this year.  TIS will start with their first group of IGCSE students in September.

i am in the same situation. one of my friends mailed me this information.

GEMS - will not be re-open for 2012-13
2. AST - american school - will not be re-open for 2012-13
3. British school the same only for 2013-14

The two schools are open:
1. ISM School
Principal - Donna McPhee
ismlibya.ly - Tel: +218 21 477 4285 / 0094
PO BOX: 860
Hai Alandalus - Tripoli, Libya

2. TIS - Tripoli International School
Principal - Graham Lind
email: Principal[at]tripoliinternationalschool.com
libya4education.com Tel: +218 21 4803333/9696
PO BOX: 6456
AL-FALLAH-SWANI ROAD - Tripoli, Libya

Check also

American Libyan International School - new with good intentions.
In Gargarsh - 091 8348323
They have a facebook page: American Libyan School

([b]TIS is a british School,it is based on the National Criculum.):)

2 more Canadian school -- http://ly.opensooq.com/search/1579243/http://www.facebook.com/pages/Canadian- … 4717720661

the Facebook page does not say much. There is apparently another school opening up as well

Tripoli World Academy

http://www.facebook.com/tripoli.worldacademyhttp://www.tripoliworldacademy.com/

Check out Ladybird School

facebook.com/LadybirdSchool Kindergarten & elementary school

ladybirdkidsclub.com  Kindergarten

Hai Dimashiq - Hadba
0917772779 - 0925366294

e-mail : [email protected]

Hi Libyan Lady,
please can you advice me,where can i find  school that offer arabic lessons to non arabic native speakers?or any private teacher who teach arabic language?

Thanks

You can also try the Pakistan Embassy School in Ben-Ashur Tripoli.