English Schools in Tripoli Area

HI There, I am looking for english schools in Tripoli or surrounding areas.  My kids had gone to ISM in Gurji previously but would like to change schools for the upcoming school year.  Anyone know of any other schools besides the American one, that has a good education and not such outrageous prices.  Website links, email address or telephone numbers of the school would be appreciated.  Kids are in Grade 2, 6, 7 and I prefer to keep them in the same school.

Thanks

Hi Samee - have you tried TIS (Tripoli International School - NOT Gems)??  They are out on Treeg al Matar.  I think they have good education and reasonable prices...The principal's name is Graham Lind.

Sorry Samee - forgot to give you contact details....
Graham Lind's mobile number is: 0924717845
And his email address is:  [email protected]

Hope that helps.  :-)

Hi Samee,

Tripoli International school, in arabic called Donia alma3aref it has two programs arabic and english no big time fasilities like pool and proper courts but teachers and the acadimics aint too bad. My kid goes there and the fee is not too high. Its on Bawabet eljebs not too far from airport road. When you are coming from downtown tripoli toward the airport after you passs the steel bridge turn right on the traffic light and go straight till the first traffic light then go straight and it will be on the right.

Cheers,
MO

salut : tripoli international school
             email:[email protected]
             telephone:021 4803333
                       021 4809696
             british school tripoli
            britishschooltripoli.com

Jenni Red wrote:

Sorry Samee - forgot to give you contact details....
Graham Lind's mobile number is: 0924717845
And his email address is:  [email protected]

Hope that helps.  :-)

Thanks Jenni, I will give Graham a call.  Sameera

Mo_marrakech wrote:

Hi Samee,

Tripoli International school, in arabic called Donia alma3aref it has two programs arabic and english no big time fasilities like pool and proper courts but teachers and the acadimics aint too bad. My kid goes there and the fee is not too high. Its on Bawabet eljebs not too far from airport road. When you are coming from downtown tripoli toward the airport after you passs the steel bridge turn right on the traffic light and go straight till the first traffic light then go straight and it will be on the right.

Cheers,
MO

Thanks Mo, much appreciated
Sameera

driss1958 wrote:

salut : tripoli international school
             email:[email protected]
             telephone:021 4803333
                       021 4809696
             british school tripoli
             www.britishschooltripoli.com

Thanks Driss

Hi Mo, just trying to contact this school TIS, but no answers. Is your kids are going to school currently, or they was going to this school before. I've got the following:
1. British School will not be open for 2012-2013
2. American School will not be open for 2012-2013, only in Ayg 2013
3. GEMS will not be open for 2012-2013

My hope that Oil school will be re-open for 2012-13, they are saying that they are trying.
But please can you confirm that TIS is open or not ?
Shukran

1. GEMS - will not be re-open for 2012-13
2. AST - american school -  will not be re-open for 2012-13
3. British school the same only for 2013-14

The two schools are open:
1. ISM School (Oil School)
Principal - Donna McPhee
ismlibya.ly - Tel: +218 21 477 4285 / 0094
PO BOX: 860   
Hai Alandalus - Tripoli, Libya

2. TIS - Tripoli International School
Principal - Graham Lind
email: [email protected]
libya4education.com Tel: +218 21 4803333/9696
PO BOX: 6456
AL-FALLAH-SWANI ROAD - Tripoli, Libya

Additionally to my previous information please find the following:
The new school is opening this year:

Tripoli World Academy
tripoliworldacademy.com
[email protected]

The Tripoli World Academy aims at offering quality education to the Libyan community by equipping our students with the knowledge and tools that will enable them to compete internationally. The Academy was founded by parents and teachers who want the best for their children. The school will be open in September 2012 for FS1, FS2 through Y6.

The Tripoli World Academy is based on the British Curriculum while seeking to develop an accredited International Baccalaureat Degree Program.  The pedagogie in the academy emphasizes outcome based learning and an assessment methodology that maintains high academic standards.

Mechtel Road,
First Left after Sahaba Mosque
Sarraj,
Tripoli, Libya

darkz wrote:

Additionally to my previous information please find the following:
The new school is opening this year:

Tripoli World Academy
tripoliworldacademy.com
[email protected]

The Tripoli World Academy aims at offering quality education to the Libyan community by equipping our students with the knowledge and tools that will enable them to compete internationally. The Academy was founded by parents and teachers who want the best for their children. The school will be open in September 2012 for FS1, FS2 through Y6.

The Tripoli World Academy is based on the British Curriculum while seeking to develop an accredited International Baccalaureat Degree Program.  The pedagogie in the academy emphasizes outcome based learning and an assessment methodology that maintains high academic standards.

Mechtel Road,
Sarraj,
Tripoli, Libya

Did you see their fees though??? Quite expensive

One more school is advertising in Tripoli:

The School's Address

American International School in Libya

East Janzour,Tripoli, Libya

T:00218 92 663 7977
F:00218 92 663 7977

W: http://www.american-edu.org
E: [email protected]

Hi y'all,
I've just arrived with my family (two kids in tow - grades 3 and 7). Someone recommended Tripoli International School to me so I went there to register but I couldn't get my kids in. They are full with a waiting list. I asked for Principal Graham but apparently he is no longer there, but the new principal is a Canadian woman. I was impressed with how the school looks and the international staff. They gave me some hope to register for next year in the spring. However, for now my wife and I are still looking for a school for our two kids. I also went to ISM but wasn't impressed... Any suggestions with availability in these grades in the same school (I know about Ladybird and Tripoli World Academy)?

Ron Tripoli wrote:

Hi y'all,
I've just arrived with my family (two kids in tow - grades 3 and 7). Someone recommended Tripoli International School to me so I went there to register but I couldn't get my kids in. They are full with a waiting list. I asked for Principal Graham but apparently he is no longer there, but the new principal is a Canadian woman. I was impressed with how the school looks and the international staff. They gave me some hope to register for next year in the spring. However, for now my wife and I are still looking for a school for our two kids. I also went to ISM but wasn't impressed... Any suggestions with availability in these grades in the same school (I know about Ladybird and Tripoli World Academy)?

Hi Ron, I was lucky enough to put my kids into Tripoli International School [TIS]in May and I too have just heard that it is full as a few of my friends were also trying to get there kids in.  My kids spent 4 years at ISM and I too am not impressed anymore to what has happened with the school and the education they are teaching.  It has only been the first week of school for the kids but they seem to be enjoying TIS a lot.  I am not sure whether Tripoli College is already full. There is another one I was looking at in Serraj called Al-Saqr Al-Hur International School.  School started on September 16, 2012. Use British-English Curriculum and are accepting enrollees from preschool (Nursery - Reception), Elementary (1-6), Secondary (7-12).  here is the contact info. [email protected].  Good Luck

Just Summary of schools:

1.    ISM School (Oil School)
Principal - Donna McPhee
ismlibya.ly - Tel: +218 21 477 4285 / 0094
PO BOX: 860   
Hai Alandalus - Tripoli, Libya

2.    TIS - Tripoli International School
Principal - Graham Lind
email: Principal[at]tripoliinternationalschool.com

3.    Tripoli World Academy
tripoliworldacademy.com
info[at]tripoliworldacademy.com

for FS1, FS2 through Y7.
Good teacher

Mechtel Road,
Sarraj,
Tripoli, Libya

4.    International Libyan Turkish School
http://muhtar-ilts.com/eindex.asp

Only up to Grade 3 (8-9 years old)
Very good for small children
School is Very clean, well equipped with canteen facility. Not expensive and providing transportation. Good location as well.
Address:  ILTS, Serraj  Al- Mawashi, Baghdadi street Tripoli
Phone: 091-6129115 . 091-610-7395
Email: [email protected]

[moderated: please register your company in the business directory]

Hi
Is there any international school in Misrata?
We would like to move from England, and my oldest is in grade 7 now.
Regards.

Any good schools for toddler - age 3 and 4?

Check Ladybird International School in Hai Dimashiq - Tripoli

facebook.com/LadybirdSchool

[Moderated: Please send numbers in private]

check MISRATA INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL. You can get info from Tripoli International school office.
Seems to be a branch of the same.
email: Principal[at]tripoliinternationalschool.com

INDIAN SCHOOL is English medium school for toddlers till grade 5 run by Indian community members and supported by Indian embassy. It is located near Sukh Sabah, beyond Fornaj roundabout towards Tajoura. Take left turn at crossing after Sukh Sabah (Vegetable market) and then take first right at mosque and then go straight and take 2nd left.
All subjects are taught in English. Very reasonable and most inexpensive in Tripoli at the moment.
Contact cell number of Vice-Principal : 0925883560
Chairman : 0912120341

- Dr Mishra