Might be back to Tripoli

Hi all
I left Tripoli last year during the uprising and now thinking of moving back with my family. I am asking advise regarding safety aspects and also about which international school is opened and which one will be opening in September. Many thanks.

No safety for families yet. If you must go to Libya to work, leave your family at home.

Hi, tks for the info. No offence to anybody, but would like to hear from people who are already in Tripoli. Many thanks.

Hi Ange,

I have been in tripoli since june, and things are getting better everyday. schools are open, Tripoli international is open my son goes there and I heard more schools gona be opening by sept. No major problems in Tripoli.

Thanks Mo-Marrakech for ur reply. My children used to attend British school, which will not be opened this year. Do you know if Gems or Ism are / or will be opened. For some reason their website is down. Thank you.

Hi Ange1, yes the things are getting better everyday, but:
1. GEMS - will not be re-open for 2012-13
2. AST - american school -  will not be re-open for 2012-13
3. British school the same only for 2013-14
the only hope for Oil school or TIS

Hi darkz thanks for the info, I heard there is a new school opening in Saraj by the name of Tripoli World Academy. It will be from nursery up to year 6 only. Just google it for more info.

My friends will confirm next week regarding the oil school, and it's look positive.

Concerning the safety:
http://www.thenational.ae/thenationalco … d-in-chaos

1. GEMS - will not be re-open for 2012-13
2. AST - american school -  will not be re-open for 2012-13
3. British school the same only for 2013-14

The two schools are open:
1. ISM School (Oil School)
Principal - Donna McPhee
www.ismlibya.ly - Tel: +218 21 477 4285 / 0094
PO BOX: 860   
Hai Alandalus - Tripoli, Libya

2. TIS - Tripoli International School
Principal - Graham Lind
email: [email protected]
www.libya4education.com Tel: +218 21 4803333/9696
PO BOX: 6456
AL-FALLAH-SWANI ROAD - Tripoli, Libya

Thank you very much for the info darkz.

Hi Ange,

it is safe enough for a family so long as you use your common sense (ie don't go driving around town after 11pm)

I have been back since February and it's getting better all the time, with the expected ups and downs.

Cheers!

hi ange,

i moved here with my family in march and things look good to me, i dont feel unsafe at all. i dont stay out past 11pm with having toddlers. i live in the center of tripoli and have heard gun shots at night, but apparently they are for wedding celebrations.

ism school is open now tripoli college in gurgash  have been here through the troubles and there have been no real problems at least where i am

Tripoli is safe for you and ur family ... just avoid late evening ..
international school is opening now ..

tripoli               is ok

Hi there ... I am about to come back to Tripoli within few days - the same place I was before 2011, same Company, same position. I am well awared about living in Tripoli at the moment, so I arrive without family. Still hoping things will move in better ,so I plan to bring my wife and children... before my daughter attended Phillipino school at Janzour. Does anyone know about their plans for 2013 ?   

Cheers all,

One more issue:  I knew some people from UK, they were working for BC. We spent really great time at british club there in Siraj. Unfortunately I lost all contact with them.Make my day and confirm BC is still existing there .....

apparently not yet

Dear Douglas1969,

Welcome to Tripoli again. There is no such situation in Tripoli as shooting and terrorism. So be cleared :)

Hello all ! glad to find ppl from Tripoli here , I am about to move to Tripoli this month , and wondering the security conditions in tripoli? I have been given a residence in [Zawea eldehamni
beside post office, is it a safe place to live? and can we get some good food nearby and other basic facilities , for eg. a gym etc.

regards

It surely is a safe place to live Ibtehaj. Don't worry and leave the rest on God.

God bless

What will be your job in Tripoli? Or are you coming on an open visa?

ibtihaj wrote:

Hello all ! glad to find ppl from Tripoli here , I am about to move to Tripoli this month , and wondering the security conditions in tripoli? I have been given a residence in [Zawea eldehamni
beside post office, is it a safe place to live? and can we get some good food nearby and other basic facilities , for eg. a gym etc.

regards

Hello ! My office is at Gurji Road and my Residence wud be Near that Zehri Eldhwami place besides post office , yes its a invitation letter and my employer says that he will file my Residence Visa once i reach tripoli - any suggestions?

My job is as a Network Consultant

naiyersheen wrote:

What will be your job in Tripoli? Or are you coming on an open visa?

ibtihaj wrote:

regards