Transfer to Tripoli, Libya

Shortly I am moving to Tripoli.
I like know something about Indian schools in Tripoli.
Are there any good Indian schools till Higher secondary ??

Can some one advice me.
Can some one let me know the Email address of the school.
Mahir

There is only one Indian School Tripoli, and as I heard from my indian friends the school is not that great either as it used to be. He mentioned there are no proper teachers and the school facilities are poor as well.

Hi Mahir

Namaste..:) This is what I got--

Indian community school LIBYA Foriegn schools, India
Contact Details
Address: P O BOX NO 14266 TRIPOLI (S P L A J) LIBYA C/O FIRST SECY EMBASSY OF INDIA TRIPOLI LIBYA
Board in::CBSE
Affiliated to:CBSE
City: LIBYA
State: FORIEGN SCHOOLS
Telephone Number: 2072656

No email or website address.

Syllabus is  CBSE..We have so many Indian kids here going to the school..Give me some time..i'll find out more info for you and PM you about the same. When you landing here? you can PM me.

I would suggest that you put your kids in ISM (International School of the Martyrs) it's not as expensive as GEMS or the other International schools, the cirriculum is from Ireland and upon successful completion from high school (Gr 12) you get the ILC (Irish Leaving Certificate) which is Ireland's National board exam certs. Even so some of the teachers there are brought from India as my kids go there.

can you please ask for me i have my doughter she is in kg2 if there is avalibality to put her there

susu10 wrote:

can you please ask for me i have my doughter she is in kg2 if there is avalibality to put her there

Hi susu10, Is it the ISM school you want your daughter in? I can tell you as per what I know that in ISM you have Pre-KG, Kg1, Kg2 so I am sure if you pay the sschool a visit in this week they can take her in this term as the new terms just started on Sunday.

hello you cunfused me ism is it tripoli colige or shuhada alidwan alamricy ????? and do u know how much is the fees for pre kg and kg2???

ISM is not Tripoli College, ISM is a school right opposite Aman Bank in Gorgi, it's a pretty big school before long time back it was the American school in Tripoli. The fees for international students I think is around 2-3000 LYD

are you sure that they have pre kg because as i know they have just kg2

I am not sure about that susu10 but as i said it's best if you go visit the principle and ask the administratio there before it's too late.

i think it is already too late because if it is the same place that i know i went there last week and they told me that kg2 is closed but as i knowthey dont have pre kg i want to put my kids there but no chance i think:(

There are two branches of ISM school. The one you mentioned and the other is what is also known as Tripoli College.  The one you mentioned follows the Irish curriculum, while the other branch follows the UK curriculum and goes up to grade 10.  I do not know if it has any spaces left, but it would not hurt to drop by.  The British school is right beside it and they may have space as well.

Mahir wrote:

Shortly I am moving to Tripoli.
I like know something about Indian schools in Tripoli.
Are there any good Indian schools till Higher secondary ??

Can some one advice me.
Can some one let me know the Email address of the school.
Mahir

Mahir, if you're still looking for information, there is one Indian school in Tripoli called 'Indian Community School' and there are are lot of Indian children studying there due to 2 reasons -
1. It is very cheap compared to the British & International Schools & even ISM.
2. Many Indians are here on 1-3 year assignments and do not want to switch curriculums since their children may have problems adjusting back to the Indian curriculum when they return, especially learning Hindi.
Most of the teachers do not have a teaching qualification and are housewives passing their time in Tripoli.
If you have young children (pre-primary/primary) the British School or International School Tripoli (Gems - British Curriculum) would be better, especially if your company agrees to pay tuition fees since the fees are exorbitant. Even ISM (Irish Board) is quite expensive.
However, if you have older children, a switch in curriculum will be difficult for them & you have no choice but to put them in the Indian School. Good luck!! Hope the info. was useful.

Dear all,
I have offer from libya in a construction company.Presently i am in morroco.
I am an indian from andhra pradesh.
I am living with family in Morroco.
My boss telling that that i have libya first.and can bring family.
i donot understand the problem.
Is there any indian community there.
Is country is safe.
Is indian food like rice and vigitable avilable\
and any engilish schyools avilable.
Please advise about money trasfor to india aslo.
company told they deposit money in india is it correct.
Thank you

Hello,[email protected] :)

To be in touch with your country fellow men, view the Indian expatriates network in Libya.

Regards,
Sheetul

[email protected] wrote:

Dear all,
I have offer from libya in a construction company.Presently i am in morroco.
I am an indian from andhra pradesh.
I am living with family in Morroco.
My boss telling that that i have libya first.and can bring family.
i donot understand the problem.
Is there any indian community there.
Is country is safe.
Is indian food like rice and vigitable avilable\
and any engilish schyools avilable.
Please advise about money trasfor to india aslo.
company told they deposit money in india is it correct.
Thank you

In response to your questions...those I can understand .. (since I am in Tripoli, I can only talk about Tripoli... other cities are quite undeveloped comparatively)
1. There is a BIG Indian community in Libya ... more than 10,000 I've been told.
2. Regarding safety, Tripoli is as safe as any city in India ... but you have to take precautions as you would anywhere in the world.
3. Food - Basmati rice and masoor daal is available in major supermarkets in Tripoli & you can buy other daals etc. and almost all Indian spices in an Indian/Pakistani shop in the Shara Rashid area. Vegetables are usually seasonal and similar to veges in India.
4. Schools - There is an Indian Community School (english medium - CBSE board) - I have mentioned about schools in an earlier post.
5. Money can be transferred to India via bank transfer (we use Bank of Valletta) or Western Union for cash.  Depends on how your company pays you ... it is advisable to open an NRI or NRO account in India to make your income tax free in India.

Hope the info. was helpful.

expatlibya wrote:

1. There is a BIG Indian community in Libya ... more than 10,000 I've been told.

Not true, as they're a few here only. I know because I have a couple of indian friends. 10,000 is like a huge community they don't have that many Pakistani's here.

FireFox wrote:

1. There is a BIG Indian community in Libya ... more than 10,000 I've been told. Not true, as they're a few here only. I know because I have a couple of indian friends. 10,000 is like a huge community they don't have that many Pakistani's here.

As I said ... it is what I have been told ... there are several Indian construction companies in Tripoli and some of them have upto 1500 Indian employees. I have a lot of Indian friends ... & that is what I've been told. They do belong to different sections of society/ cultural backgrounds.
"There are 'a few' Indians in Libya" is an understatement ... there are many, many Indians here.