A day in the life ......

Windows forced one of their moronic updates on me again a couple of days ago, making their crappy Cortina assistant appear on my machine.
They even had the cheek to ask for my mobile number so they could dump their crap on my phone as well - A nice middle finger to Microsoft later and that's off the menu.
I've managed to turn it off and stop the invasive whatever they call their cloud drive I don't want uploading everything on my computer (again), but I think I've about had it with windows 10 and the internet.

There's a very nice Samsung Android tab at only Rp 4 million, and I think I'm going to buy one so I can ditch windows 10 as far as the WWW goes.

My daughter wanted to watch the new superhero stuff so off we trotted to cinema 21 in Living world and bought a couple of tickets.
I'd been trying to get out of it because:
It's 2 and a half hours long
I knew it was one of those non-endings that stop half way through a story so you have to watch the second half (I hate that duff trick)

The story, apart from a few fall asleep bits, isn't boring as there's so much action in it but Marvel are getting a bit desperate so they're mixing superhero stories in the hope of squeezing an extra film or two before they write an epic mess and the critics slate them.

The sausages and chips were quite nice.

Added - I will be watching Deadpool 2 when that makes it into the cinema ... but I won't be taking my kid to see that one.

Perhaps this is a good moment for my grandfather's cat to die, forcing me to rush home in floods of tears.
I have to go to an idiotic conference today where we all have to work out why the company is messed up, but we have to be positive about everything and aren't supposed to mention the reasons it's messed up.
What a total waste of time this is going to be - hope lunch is nice.

Curious...do you need to apply for a visa anytime you want to visit the UK or the EU now?

I mean, when you stop being a UK national then they don't consider that you were once a Brit and that you need to apply every time now?

Hi everyone,

sorry to intervene, a couple of messages got reported and I removed them from this thread

I wish you a lovely day

Julien

abdulkhalil wrote:

Curious...do you need to apply for a visa anytime you want to visit the UK or the EU now?

I mean, when you stop being a UK national then they don't consider that you were once a Brit and that you need to apply every time now?

Depends (british national) some, many have the right to hold a British passport but the EU does not recognise british nationals and quite often need a visa to visit other European countries, British Nationals also and quite often have strict immigration requirements when entering the UK
British citizens on the other hand don't, British citizens by decent  are treated very similar/ same as British Citizens

If you give up your british citizenship British National (you don't stop but have to give it up) and for example take on Indonesian citizenship I presume you would need to apply as any Indonesian would for a Visa, what I have read is you can re-apply for british citizenship but no idea of the process, cost or time scale
Once the uk leaves the EU it's widely documented the rules will be even more strict to gain citizenship other than children born to uk citizens (currently)

Not a bad weekend,got everything as planned. Packed 2 bags of hijab/scarfs I bought at Tanah Abang yesterday, almost 100 pieces to sell later backhome in Palembang when I take days off on next Friday. Will visit old office backhome and sell them hijab/scarfs, nature republic products, anything to get small profit and cover my flight tickets :D
Today is relaxing but I need to check a baby/kids clothing shop that offer up to 70% discount, a friend asked for private buyer service. I hardly make profit from this business but its fun to kill time

Done the biggest project at work but seems more projects are coming. I have booked 109 billion idr disbursement, but of course its never enough for the bank. We need to grow 1,2 trillion, a stressful crazy amount.

Shopping is my stress relief

Electronics shopping works for me.

Did some electronics shopping online this week and very happy. Bought digital rice cooker and electric kettle. Was not too happy at beginning as I bought the wrong rice cooker without steamer pot. Going to sell that one now.

Spent this morning cleaning my babies (camera, digital rice cooker, electric kettle), now going to clean my room, then heading out to send packages for my customers. I earned 125.000 idr profit from selling Nature Republic aloe vera gel to people backhome, thats the gross profit. Since I also put some bonus snacks in the package, probably my nett profit would be 100.000 idr.
Canceled going to Tanah Abang for hijab shopping, will go next week after pay day. Last time I was backhome, I sold 89% of hijab/scarf, good market in my old office. Can't wait to sell more.

Planning to continue watching “Rain” (Netflix) in the afternoon. Hope it doesn't rain today.
Easy Sunday

It's raining

I finished watching Rain 😂

It was not raining here today, super hot

5th day back in hometown
1rst day going out to Giant extra, bought soooo many teh kotak sostro and abc juices for Lebaran
Been playing Farm Life, now I am level 34, I have cake room to cook 4 different kind of cakes
Enjoy being home because of the Wifi

Tomorrow planning to go out again and get underarm laser

Not much going on here except:

resigned from work
Moving house
sold two houses
unemployed and don't care

Wow thats awesome and brave

Pray for me so I can follow the quit job part soon 🙏🏽🙏🏽

This is the second time I've decided to leave a job with no definite plan.
Good for the soul.

However, because I'm an incredibly handsome, highly intelligent, and very sexy chap, I'll find something.
I'm also a fat, ugly liar, something that could mess up my chances.

Ishtarl7 wrote:

Wow thats awesome and brave

Not at all, I'm just gila. :D

Fred wrote:

This is the second time I've decided to leave a job with no definite plan.
Good for the soul.

However, because I'm an incredibly handsome, highly intelligent, and very sexy chap, I'll find something.
I'm also a fat, ugly liar, something that could mess up my chances.

Good on you, not always a bad idea and with your house move probably a good idea and spend more time with the Mrs and the paint brush
I'm due a change myself and have a dilemma to jump ship and a very nice package for September this year, won't involve traveling as much and that's another added bonus
Good luck

We rent a 4 +1 at less than 20 per year including security and sampah so I'm reasonably happy at that, more so because it's only a short distance to the nearest shopping centre by bacak (5 mins) and there's loads of other stuff locally.
Mt eldest's school isn't far away either, just a short ride by school bus.
The place is a crazy size compared with stuff in Jakarta at four times the price. We looked around Bintaro 9 but the prices there are mad to the point of idiocy - that probably explaining why they remain empty.
The new place has a PLM smart meter so no messing with electricity bills - bonus, and I'm told there's a fibre-optic internet link at 30mbps for 290,000/month. I won't bother with TV as we'll just stream whatever we want from the net. I'll set up a desktop with a projector so we'll have a very nice TV to watch.

Projectors, now your talking, set one up when we finally got decent internet, wife happy with music, daughter with horror movies, me with sport and the young'n with baby shark closely followed by wheels on the bus,

I have several projectors, all LED but all for different jobs.
The best is a sweet LG 500 lumen thing I used to use at work but is redundant at least for the moment.
I have a pocket portable unit I use for presentations in small offices, and a battery powered LG as a portable system.
The home one is older so I'm not worried if it gets abused and broken as it was cheap and I have no further use for it.
I think I'll set the first LG up in my office at home and use it for a bit of Star trek when I'm in the mood. I have a few stick computers so I'll probably dedicate one to that with a nice hard drive full of films hanging off it's USB.

At some point I will get to that gila stage, but reasonably one,
Considering to do a gila trip soon next month 8 hours flight to Dubai on Friday and back to Jakarta on Sunday ! This would change my future if thing went well... amiin

I've half moved house but still need to get a load of stuff from Bintaro.
Fat chance with the great return at the moment so we're without a fridge for a few more days.

Do you need rice cooker ? I am selling cheap 100% new

At the airport now going back to Jakarta

A British friend who currently traveling in Taiwan will stop by in Jakarta for the weekend, should I take to see Monas ? 8 months in Jakarta and I have never been to Monas

Ishtarl7 wrote:

We have three, two microwaves and a bunch of other too many things, but I only have one wife.

Ishtarl7 wrote:

8 months in Jakarta and I have never been to Monas

Go 30 minutes before they open, it'll save two hours in queues.

Where are you all at?

tiganasfx wrote:

Where are you all at?

I'm just out of mytinymind, near central Java.

Fred wrote:
Ishtarl7 wrote:

We have three, two microwaves and a bunch of other too many things, but I only have one wife.

One clever wife 😂

I have 2 rice cookers in my small room at boarding house, don't know where to sell, the online advertisement didn't seem to work

She can't be that clever to stay with an unemployed husband who took the family to live in a strange town we'd never visited before and where we don't know anyone.
However, I fully understand as she'd never find another man even close to as wonderful as I am.
I'm handsome, sexy, hunky, virile, and a great liar.

The cash from the UK house will be dumped into my BCA account, then direct to a deposito for sitting on with interest.
The income won't be all that much but more than most Indonesian teachers earn so it'll do.
I'm also going to cash in two small pensions and do the same, thus my income will push up a notch or two and I always have some cash if I need it in a rush.
Other than that, not much happening here except I've resurrected by bicycle so I have local buzzing to the shops transport again.
I don't want to use the car for such short trips but it's just a little too far to walk.

Ah, forgot.
Windows did another update as massive as it was rubbish, this time forcing some more of their pointless junk on me and making sure I had to allow them to access a load of stuff on my computer.
Anyway, I had a serious moan and they've given me instructions how to stop future updates.
Hope it works.
If it does, I'm going to factory reset this computer so their rubbish cortana thing gets removed, then I'll kill the updates again.

Are you transferring from a uk bank?
If so you would save yourself a small fortune using transferwise, typically about £25 per thousand plus international on top and upto £100k per transfer
I use BNI and BCA as I was concerned transferring £10/20k each time, no issue with these banks but possibly with the UK, let both sides aware no issues

I'll explore that - cheers

They do charge you but you get the live rate and what they charge you is peanuts compared to banks and for example western union, you can pay by debit card or bank hits my Indonesian bank about 30 minutes later (or any nominated bank during normal working week and no public holidays

Bit of a busy week
A couple of flights to various places, a lot of doing this and that, then a long drive down the "Chicken peck" toll road from South Jakarta.
As usual, I saw the aftermath of an accident where a large truck (Probably with a very tired driver) had ended up at a 45 degree angle from the lateral vertical with its wheels in the air.
A few minutes later, another totally upside down with its load of sand spread all over the verge. I'm guessing that was fresh as a guy who seemed to be the driver was looking all grumpy and getting his things from the cab.
I have yet to travel that road without seeing a bump or the aftermath of one, and I use it a lot.
Other than that, not a lot doing except still in the process of moving house but that'll be finished on the next run so I'll hand the keys back to the owner.
I think I'll take the train after that run - it'll make a change

.. or try this one

https://en.tempo.co/read/news/2018/06/1 … ness-Class

http://cdn2.tstatic.net/surabaya/foto/bank/images/kereta-api-luxury-sleeper-yang-bertarif-rp-900000_20180612_132503.jpg

Wow nice train, here I got gold metro card, really cool you feel like a VIP that you have your own gold carriage, non gold card holder cannot enter that carriage or they will get 100 dirhams fine, but I didn't see authority checking people's card/ticket

In Dubai its 6 am
I think I have jet lag, been awake for 2 hours
I wrote postcards, packed stuffs back in suitcase, done online checking, too bad I was too late to change in flight meal special menu. I like to order special menu because they give your meal first before they give other passengers. Yesterday I had low cholesterol meal, my smoked chicken sandwich was as small as my fist because the bun was whole grain, other people got normal big bun. The breakfast was potato, carrot, fish all steamed.

Eating walkers crisps my friend brought from UK

Maybe I should try to sleep again....

My daughter is going crackers - She wanted a desktop computer so, like a good little daddy, I bought her one.
Well, not actually 'bought' more gave her a windows 10 one I had floating around unused, married it up to a TV, then bunged an old keyboard and mouse on it.
As is the want of the terrible hoards at Microsoft, the computer just decided to force an update and was off for ages, hence my daughter's 10 year old kid version of naughty words.
The reset has just finished and, as you'd expect from Microsoft, they've reset all the permissions to send all your data to them.
Since the second word is "off" (Phrasal verbs are lovely) for anything that bunch want, I turned off everything I could find before letting her use the machine.
She starts her new school on Monday and I hope the computer teacher is better than the last place's version who knew less than I do about the things.

Waiting at an airport - been doing a lot of that lately.

Just returned from a longish jaunt but only paperwork to do tomorrow. Another jaunt soon.
Can't take my lovely family so won't see them for 2 weeks.