Best type of bicycle for Oslo?

Hi all!  My wife and I are moving to Oslo in a couple of weeks and are going to buy a couple of bikes for use there.  A lot of riding will be around the town, but we also hope to get out on the gravel roads and paths and do some day rides as well.  Most of our riding in the States has been on roads with road bikes, so I'm not sure whether a "city bike" or a hybrid type would be the better choice for Oslo?  City bike?  Hybrid bike?  What do you folks have?
Thanks,
Jay

Hi Jay!

I'm personally a fan of a "city bike", though I'm not sure if that's what others would call it.  I like a bike with a rear luggage rack to help carry the load, especially if I am traveling/camping.  I feel such a bike would be your best bet considering the terrain you want to cover.  You won't need many gears around this town (though I'm sure someone could argue otherwise). 

How long will you be staying in Oslo?

Kind regards,
Gordley

Thanks Gordley!  Our contract is for three years, so we're hoping in that amount of time to get to ride around the fjords and do some longer rides.  Most of our miles will probably be city miles, so I'd say your advice is spot-on.  Thanks again!