Asian market in Oslo / Bærum?

Hi,

I just moved here last week and wonder if there's Asian market near Oslo / bærum area? I live in Høvik, in between Oslo and Sandvika (I work in Sandvika) and would like to know if where I can shop my kind of food. Thanks

there are a lot of asian stores in Oslo. there are several in Drammen as well. Drammen is just 20 minutes from you in the opposite direction. If you want info about market or better to tell stores in Drammen, let me know, I will give you more details. all of them are right beside railway station

Hi

Yes please give me the info although I am not sure if my bus card covers all the way to Drammen. I bought 3 zone red card from Oslo to Sandvika, so if I can't go to Drammen I might as well go to Asian market in Oslo

oh by the way I have found a really big Asian market in Sandvika. Really pleased at the selection of goodies they have over there

I was just Gronnland area and there were a ton of Asian markets.

hi...there is one asian store in sandvika its just near the bus stasion...the other side of the train station...u go down the stair  (if u want to go to kiwi).. the asian store is in the left side...(beside apotek) and theres a lot of asian store in oslo...brugatta

Yeah in Grønland they have many Asian food stores, some of which are owned by Arab peoples.

Whether owned by Arabs or Asians, they tend to include various Asian food items from Pakistan and India, the Middle East and Southeast Asia.

Flipper: I came across the Asian shop in Sandvika....it is in the quiet road/street which runs parallel with the station or behind the station.....just 2 mins walk....I think it is owned by Vietnamese people, and it's a large grocery store....they sell Arabic food, Southeast Asian, Indian etc

Yeah that is the one I just mentioned....it's the same one...

it has a fairly large selection of Asian products , from Middleastern to Vietnamese and Thai products...

balinese_girl wrote:

hi...there is one asian store in sandvika its just near the bus stasion...the other side of the train station...u go down the stair  (if u want to go to kiwi).. the asian store is in the left side...(beside apotek) and theres a lot of asian store in oslo...brugatta

can somebody give the exact address for this asian/indian shop in sandvika plz.
thanks

Hi Roshik!

Welcome to Expat-Blog!:)

thanks sheetul, but wat abt the information?

Hi Roshik!

Have no clue about the Asian/ Indian shop in Sandvika...Sorry.

Hopefully, someone more knowledgeable will be in touch with you soon..

Sheetul.

roshik wrote:

can somebody give the exact address for this asian/indian shop in sandvika plz.
thanks

found the shop, it is smack in the middle of the bus\train station area, behind DNB Nor Bank.

It is basically an east asian shop, but you can find most of the indian spices, rice varieties and pickles. It is handy as it is close to the bus stop.

Finding Indian vegetables is a problem, guess I have to look for a Sri Lankan Shop now!

Does any one know, about any asian shops in Lillehammer ?

All information about the Asian shop was very interesting and helpful. I wonder, are there any Asian wholesale food market around Oslo. I am curiously.

hi i am only vegetarian.i want to found the indian vegetabale shop. if anybody know please message me.thanks.

Hi guest 1,

Maybe you could start a new topic with your question on the Oslo forum for better visibility.

Hello guys. I need to buy some good oil for hair. I need Amla Khadi or Vatika or Argan Oil. Where can I faund it? Helppppp me:rolleyes: I looking in  Bærum,Asker area ;)

Or somebody can recomend me other oil good for hair? Where can I buy it????,