Driving in Norway

Yes,William, I agree.

I am really hesitating since the weather is colder and colder, hard to go out of house to the snowing outside....:)

While if necessary to stay in Norway for a long time, very important to learn Norsk, alas.

Today I am moody cause I got informatin that I can't change a norsk driving license with my Chinese one, really hard to learn from 0. too expensive , too time cost.

Jasmine

Hi Jasmine, I am more lucky than u.I passed road test last month and got Norway drive lisence. But driving in Oslo is hard.
Learing driving here is expensive.It would be better to exchange license if you have international driving lisense.

Hello Jasminejasmine :)

Your post has been reintroduced as a new thread for better visibility.

Regards,
Sheetul

Thank you all so much.

I went to the trafic bureau. They changed the law, now I can't change my Chinese driving license to a norwegian one.

I am really sad for this. I have 2 driving license, one from China, and another one is from another country.

But now I can't get a norwegian one.:(

How can you live in a country and say "alas" to learning its language?? That's the cool part!

Agree, cool.

Have a nice weekend.

Hello everybody!
I need advice!!! Almost one year have comunication with Statnes vegvesen about exchanging my driver licence into Norwegian.
The statnes vegvesen found that my driving licenc is marked feild with ''YU'' and need to be marked ''SRB''??   
I brought them proof (the attest) from police that my driving licence is valid, but they say still cannot give me Norwegian driving licence. I think that officer cannot does not understand the subject of matter.
Does anyone can tell me where can I write about my problem to help me, who is responsible for solving my problem?

Have you tried applying for an international driving license? Might be worth trying to do so in China..or your last country of domecile. The thing is however, if your license is from a country not deemed to have similar road conditions, i.e snow, you must at least do an ice driving course to validate your license. I took my license in the USA and had to do this, and I also managed to get over the 6 month period required to have held a license for it to be validated as a norwegian license.

Thanks on your post Knut, but the problem  with my driver licence is only in mark,  as I explain in my first post.  My former country and Norway have same road (traffic) conditions.
So the ''Statnes vegvesen'' doesn't want  to check my driver licence trough the police or interpol!?
Maybe someone know who is in charge for driver licence in Norway beside Statnes vegvesen?

If your licensce is from a non EEC country you need to do a driving test..unless its from Japan or Switzerland, no theory test though. You must also apply for this within 1 year of having a permanent address in Norway. Statens Vegvesen is the responsible body for issuing licenses, noone else involved bar the police I guess for making sure you haven't been a criminal on the road.. ;)

Surely..wouldn't it just be quicker to take a new test than hang around for over a year trying to sort it out?

Also..you want your license to say 'Class B' on it, thats the code for your average motor..unless you are a truck driver or some shit?

Hi all,

I am coming from Australia to live in Norway. I have Australian drivers licence - Can I get a norwegian licence in exchange of my Australian one? OR Do i Have to take practical tests?

look forward for some advice,
Thanks,
Mudassir