Greetings

Hello everyone!

I'm Aung from Yangon, Myanmar. I'm living in Bangkok for 13 years. Currently, I'm running a small travel business.

Cheers

Cheers Aung!
I am Tate, and I aspire to move and live Pattaya,Thailand in about a year.
Kind of concerned about the visa situation, and how long I can stay in Thailand without having to work, or go to school.
How long can I stay in Thailand, and are there still exist visa runs?
Thank you for any info you can give me.
Cheers!

TTate wrote:

Cheers Aung!
I am Tate, and I aspire to move and live Pattaya,Thailand in about a year.
Kind of concerned about the visa situation, and how long I can stay in Thailand without having to work, or go to school.
How long can I stay in Thailand, and are there still exist visa runs?
Thank you for any info you can give me.
Cheers!

Hi Tate

The only new visa concern is NOT about visas but visa exempt entries, or at least back to back ones. So border runners on this type of entry are in a fix. Others on proper visas....no problems at the moment.

Really depends how old you are regarding what visa to recommend. If you are over 50, plenty of options, if not, less so. You probably know this already, but if not perhaps you can fill us in with a bit more detail so we can help?

Hello the tefldon,
I will be 49 years old when I make my trek to Pattaya, Thailand.
I will apply for a tourist visa before doing this, and from what I have read I may possibly get 30-60 days extended.
Just want to get the maximum stay time as possible to figure if Thailand will be for me.
Yes, I have come across some literature that has expressed that 'visa runs' are no longer legal in Thailand.
Thank you for any information you are able to give me.

TTate wrote:

Hello the tefldon,
I will be 49 years old when I make my trek to Pattaya, Thailand.
I will apply for a tourist visa before doing this, and from what I have read I may possibly get 30-60 days extended.
Just want to get the maximum stay time as possible to figure if Thailand will be for me.
Yes, I have come across some literature that has expressed that 'visa runs' are no longer legal in Thailand.
Thank you for any information you are able to give me.

Hi Tate
Best option would be 2 or 3 entry tourist visa if you can find consulate/embassy in your home country that issues them.
It is possible to extend each entry by 30 days at Thai Immigration within Thailand for a fee of 1900 Baht. So in theory at least you could get 270 days in Thailand exiting after 90 days for each new entry.

Thank you very much, Thetefldon. That sounds like a good way to go.
Hopefully this will be allowed, or I can do the every 14 day visa run.
Thank you again for your help.
Cheers!