I ma married to a thai lady.

I have been with my thai wife for 5 years now and finding it hard to live in Thailand. Can anyone give me some info. And why can't I get to stay.

Need more information before anyone can assist you.

What are the reasons you find it hard to live in Thailand ??
Reasons why you cannot get to stay ??

Any problems with your marriage ??

I have a o visa but still have to go to Lao for the 90 day visit why if I Am married even when I am retired I will have to do this every year. t the end of my 12 months visa can I renew in Thailand with out going to the uk.

You need to find a good agent to help you with visas.
Even look on other forums for advice.

I have been told that I will never get thai citizenship and will be lucky if I get ID or a thai passport duel ,and have not heard of any deranged with one. Can anyone assist. On how to do.  Many thanks.

Getting Thai citizenship is a long and very involved process.
Instead of being negative, start looking online at other forums and see what information you come up with.
There are many asian forums which I am sure would provide you with the information.
Enlist help from others.

Enjoie as mentioned its a very long process for Thai citizenship. 

First requirement of getting Thai Citizenship - You must already have Permanent Residency in Thailand. If you don't, you will have to apply for that, and then live in Thailand paying taxes for at least five years, before you can apply for Thai citizenship.  It will then take another 2-5 years jumping through hoops before you know.

Not much info about why you canŽt stay here/it is hard..

But if you over 50 years, have income of 65.000 baht before Tax income pr month, or 800.000 baht in a Thai bank, or a mix of the 2, you can get one year retirement visa, where you go to do Visa 1 time a year at the Immigration and do 90 days Address report...

If Married you need 40.000 baht before tax income or 400.000 baht in Thai bank, as fare as i know canŽt mix the income and bank for Married Visa.
You go do your Visa 1 time a year, and do you 90 days Address report...

If you canŽt do that, there is a option for ED-Visa...
Some Immigration do 90 days ED-Visa, some 1 year, and you can use that for 5 years, before have to leave Thailand to get a new "Start" ED-Visa for the next 5 year. You all so have to do 90 days Address Report on ED-Visa..

So many option, none are hard if you can meet the requirements..

If it NOT the Visa you find hard, then maybe explain what you talking about, writing you find it hard to living here in Thailand, and iŽm sure more help can come from people on this side...

Kindly the "New One"

I. Have a 12month married visa every year and get a 90 day stamp I do this every 12 months. Tell me what is an ED visa. I have lived in Thailand now for 5 years. What I am trying to say is people tell me they live in Thailand but when you have to get visas this is not living in Thailand. So I think people don't understand what I am trying to say. Thanks for your reply.

Ed-Visa is  Education Visa, where you can "study" different things, like langues, to cook and so on...

It is very different how the place do it, some place follow the law, and there you have to do the 180/200 hours pr year, others place donŽt care about that....

Price is very different, i hear from 13.000 and up for 1 year for the school money, then come Price at Immigration Office for the visa..
Some Immigration take 4 X 1.900 baht pr year for 90 days Extension, some take 1.900 for 1 year, so total price come to the Immigration Office you live, plus the school money...

Some school you have to come to school 2 time pr week for 2 hours, or what the school do, other place you can do it over skype..
There is so many option to do it...

For the "Thai citizenship procedure" google it and have a look..
But some key point is:

If living in Thailand for “reasons of humanity” such as being marriage with a Thai people or having a Thai-born child or having graduated from a university in Thailand, he or she must have an income of at least 30,000 baht a month and be able to prove that he or she has paid taxes in Thailand for at least three years.

He or she must have lived in Thailand contunously for at least five years before applying.

The applicant must know the Thai language, including speaking, listening and understand, be able to sing the National Anthem and Sanserm Phra Baramee and pass an interview in Thai with government officers.

There is a lot of more point...

Hope that help you a little...

Thanks for your reply. I know everything you have mentioned and I will go with that and try at immigration see if there is other ways thanks.

(Moderated: Expat.com is NOT a dating website)