Hi

Hi all...
My name is John... am still in uk at present... met my thai gf in uk...have been to thai for a months holiday... am comming back for 6 months in october after marrying my thai gf in uk.....
need and want to begin to make friends with similar men to chat about the future etc...
dont want to feel isolated.. am a little bit feeling alone at this time..... not met any mates yet...

hope to chat soon...
john.... (ex coal miner)retired

hi    yeh sure . we can be friends i have Travel Agency in Bangkok . U can mail me    [email protected]

Hi and welcome on board John!

I hope you will make many new contacts soon ;)

Regards
Armand

Hellow John, I am in the exact situation as yourself, except that I am living in South Africa and my wife wants to relocate end of this year or early next year.I wouldent mind the move but have plenty of unsolved questions.We also have a four year old son. Hope to hear from you some time, take care.
erwin... 

tensionroller wrote:

Hi all...
My name is John... am still in uk at present... met my thai gf in uk...have been to thai for a months holiday... am comming back for 6 months in october after marrying my thai gf in uk.....
need and want to begin to make friends with similar men to chat about the future etc...
dont want to feel isolated.. am a little bit feeling alone at this time..... not met any mates yet...

hope to chat soon...
john.... (ex coal miner)retired

@TensionRoller ,  We have Expat meetings every Friday night so watch the stiky post " Expat meetings" for upcoming events ( normally i post the plan on Wednesdays.

Wow thanks lads :) .... god this is a good place to be :).... Is there a live chat room where we can all talk???? or txt lol

Unfortunatelly, not yet. Been trying to persuade them thought to put one.

chat would be great oyes:)

Greetings to all.  I read some of your messages regarding finding work in Thailand and its not easy for expat.  Those who got jobs before they come here are well taken care of by their employers whereby their housing are paid, child's education are paid etc.  They get a good package.  But those who come here without a job will sure have difficult to find one and the easy way is try to be a teacher.

Thailand welcomes almost all nationalities and there are so many people coming here and some are refugees seeking UN help to be relocate to another country.

Some start their own business and open a bar or small restaurant.  Some may do well and some do not but the chances are very slim of success.

Some retire here and enjoy their life from their pension or retirement benefits back home as money conversion to thai baht can be quite a lot.  For example, 1,000 Euro is already 40,000 baht which is more than most of the junior managers here.

Some do trading by buying thai goods and sell back home.  The skill is how to identify the product is subjective to ones knowledge of your own market.

Thailand is a land of opportunities if one knows how to look and explore.  There is an expat lady who was here as a housewife because her husband was posted here.  The took the opportunity to explore and discover a unique business.

She had the locals to recycle gold and made them into jewelry, then she sells back home in her own country. 

One need to keep their mind open and look around.  Follow your heart as you will do best when you enjoy doing.

I always remember this verse - Its not how good you are but how good you want to be.

Wish you guys all the best in your pursue of living in Thailand.

hi

my name is sam im living in north shields tyne and wear but renting condo in wong amart pattaya where i live with my thai girlfriend noi (bless her) we find it very difficult living apart and ive been over 5 times since sept last year for a month at a time but in uk at mo, trying to rent or sell apartment , im 58 this year have 2 private pensions , dont no wether to get hold of a percentage when im 60 or just leave it till im 65, which would be my income over in thailand , i really want to buy condo and live happy ever after , wish life was so simple , hope to hear advice or just chat thats kool

Yea man aint as simple as a thought lol...

My gf is working over here on work visa (UK)... we have just sent off all the paperwork so we can get married....

then we are going to mahasarakham in october... we want to build house on her land ... god i wish could just flick a switch to get it done...

then theres things like health insurance to sort out.... cos we aint gettin no younger lol....

John..... skype = tensionroller