I Must Be Off! Travel Essay Contest

Hi, fellow expats!
I'm the curator of I Must Be Off! where we're having our second annual travel essay contest. The deadline is June 30, and there's no entry free. Expat stories along the lines of moving to a new world, etc. are in line with the concept of the travel essay. I also run a monthly expat author interview series. If you are a published author and you'd like to be featured, let me know.

I hope some of you will enter the I Must Be Off! Travel Essay Contest. Just reply to this message, and I'll give you the link to the guidelines. Or if you Google I Must Be Off, I should be the first entry. The link to the guidelines is at the bottom of each post.

I must be off,
Christopher

Hi Christopher!

I would like to know more about the travel essay. How does it work?
Thanks

Alessandra

Hi, Alessandra!
You can read the guidelines Here: http://www.imustbeoff.com/2014/03/announcing-second-annual-i-must-be-off.html, but any essay or article that has not been published before that is also on the subject of travel is eligible. The expat experience is definitely a good topic for the contest. You can browse last year's winners at I Must Be Off! too to get a feel for the contest.
All the best,
Christopher
imustbeoff.com

Hi, Alessandra,
I'm not sure why the link didn't format right. Here it is again: imustbeoff.com/2014/03/announcing-second-annual-i-must-be-off.html

You can't post direct links here, you need to break it up or something. But aside from that, are there any guidelines for submissions and any prizes?

dcallen2 wrote:

Hi, Alessandra,
I'm not sure why the link didn't format right. Here it is again: imustbeoff.com/2014/03/announcing-second-annual-i-must-be-off.html

Being a new member may have some bearing on this too.

Hi, Missbeesy,
There are cash prizes for first and second place, link to guidelines at the end of every recent post at I Must Be Off, which is the first entry in a Google search of I Must Be Off or Christopher Allen.