Finding an English teaching position

Hi all,

I decided that I will move to Saigon (HCMC) at the end of 2014.  With that said, I wanted to know if someone in the English teaching field can give me some tips/advices.

#1 - Where to apply in HCMC?

#2 - What is a good teaching rate or salary?

#3 - Paperwork from the States that the school requires?  I have my 2 accredited university degrees, TESOL certificate, CV, passport photos, passport scanned, birth certificate, and 5 years visa exempt. 

#4 - Is it more beneficial to teach part time?

Any tips are welcomed.  Thank you again.

Tin Tin

Why are you waiting until the end of 2014?  That's just in time for the pre-Tet lull.  You won't find work until a few weeks beyond he break, more than likely.

The end of May/beginning of June is a good time to hit the pavement.

CEFALT is a school you may want to apply at.  http://www.cefalt.edu.vn/ShowContent_en.asp?ID=1

Eastern University makes you buy your own pots and pans, but gives you a free apartment t store them in!  They appear to be playing by British rules, so you should be able land that one without much fuss. 

http://www.tefl.com/jobs/job.html?jo_id=58335

Learn the IELTS, TOEFL and TOEIC exams inside and out.  Concentrate primarily on the listening and speaking portions and how to prepare students for whichever one they are taking.

Teacher Mark,

#2 - What is a good teaching rate or salary?

#3 - Paperwork from the States that the school requires?  I have my 2 accredited university degrees, TESOL certificate, CV, passport photos, passport scanned, birth certificate, and 5 years visa exempt.

#4 - Is it more beneficial to teach part time?

Thanks,

Tin Tin

#2 - What is a good teaching rate or salary?  You have a masters degree, right? I wouldn't accept anything under 2K a month, if I had a post-graduate degree.

#3 - Paperwork from the States that the school requires?  I have my 2 accredited university degrees, TESOL certificate, CV, passport photos, passport scanned, birth certificate, and 5 years visa exempt.   I think that's everything, less the health check and residential information, which you won't 'have until you get here.

#4 - Is it more beneficial to teach part time?  Teaching part-time is good, if you have a few different jobs.  All of your eggs aren't in one basket then.