Close

PLEASE HELP- I am an INDIAN want to marry my GERMAN girl friend.

[ANYONE/INDIAN WHO GOT MARRIED IN GERMANY PLEASE HELP ME]

I met met my Girlfriend [GERMAN] in India in the year 2011 and we fall in love. She was here in India till 3013 as her father is an German citizen from Indian Origin. we wanted to get married but she wanted me to come to Germany as she wants us to get married over there[GERMANY].

So we found out some ways to do that - I got all the documents ready which she took it along with her and submitted it over there in the local registrar office[ Standesamt] in Hamburg. I took an affidavit from my local Civil court mentioning I am single and I can marry any girl in Germany and that Is also got submitted in the office.

Since then she got a job there and she started working and she is ready to take care of me once I will be there but its been 5 Months now that she has submitted those documents but I have not received any feedback from them regarding this , Only last week Some guy from German consulate visited my place and verified all the documents and he was quite satisfied with the submitted documents.

Now I need to know how much More time I need to wait to get the certificate and start my Visa application..Please help as I am facing some real time difficulties because of this distance IN MY relationship.

[PLEASE HELP ME]

That is like asking how long is a piece of string. It will take as long as it takes. There is no set time for these things to happen.
I can understand your frustration so why not get your girlfriend to chase it up with the authorities.

The German authorities are known to be difficult and slow when it comes to marriages (and related visa) between Germans and other nationals.
Maybe it is a better idea you marry elsewhere? E.g. it is quite common for foreigners living in Germany to travel to Denmark to marry there. Las Vegas is also an option, I heard.
Getting a foreign marriage acknowledged in Germany is far easier than marrying there.

@stumpy-Thanks a lot for ur reply...My girlfriend already sent a mail to german consulate to enquire about the status and she got a reply like(you are not supposed to ask question about it and u have to wait till we will contact u for the same).....what kind of response is this? Its our life nd we cn do whatevr we feel like bt still we cn not ask them about this...its very frustrating  ..... :sleep

@beppy- we are thinkin about goin to Denmark nd get married ....bt again I have to come back nd re apply for reunion visa ... :( one more thing ...do u hv any idea about how much cash i need to carry to Germany whn i m on tourist visa nd my girlfriend is ready to take care of me (sponser)?

I don't know. Ask the embassy.

rocky78 :

[ANYONE/INDIAN WHO GOT MARRIED IN GERMANY PLEASE HELP ME]

I met met my Girlfriend [GERMAN] in India in the year 2011 and we fall in love. She was here in India till 3013 as her father is an German citizen from Indian Origin. we wanted to get married but she wanted me to come to Germany as she wants us to get married over there[GERMANY].

So we found out some ways to do that - I got all the documents ready which she took it along with her and submitted it over there in the local registrar office[ Standesamt] in Hamburg. I took an affidavit from my local Civil court mentioning I am single and I can marry any girl in Germany and that Is also got submitted in the office.

Since then she got a job there and she started working and she is ready to take care of me once I will be there but its been 5 Months now that she has submitted those documents but I have not received any feedback from them regarding this , Only last week Some guy from German consulate visited my place and verified all the documents and he was quite satisfied with the submitted documents.

Now I need to know how much More time I need to wait to get the certificate and start my Visa application..Please help as I am facing some real time difficulties because of this distance IN MY relationship.

[PLEASE HELP ME]

Hi bro it's same problems plz tell me I'm living new Delhi India

Same problem.. Plz help me.. *** whatsapp me

Moderated by Priscilla 3 months ago
Reason : do not post your personal contact details on the forum

@Yash8090

For security reasons please do not post any personal contact details on the open forum.

You should contact the embassy

IT depends upon case that case. Mine took 4 months after the official visited my house for verification. So it may take some time.

Expatriate health insurance in Hamburg

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Hamburg

Moving to Hamburg

Find tips from professionals about moving to Hamburg

Travel insurance in Hamburg

Enjoy stress-free travel to Hamburg