Change Portuguese temporary residence to Germany

Hello every one,

I am thanks to all if any one share information with me in regarding.i live in Lisbon(Portugal) and i have 2 years Portuguese  Residence card.i want to change my portugese Residence card to Germany Any circumstance can i get permission to work and live in German.
Thanks to All.

Residence permits are strictly national. Thus a Portuguese - or any other country's - residence permit does not help you in getting German residence. But you can try to apply for German residence on your own merit. Contact the German embassy!

I have Portugal rasidansy card 3year, so I can change to garmay it is possible please respond

No, it is not possible to change the nationality of a residency permit.

Hello sir, I have Portuguese temporary residence permit validity until 2024 September, I have a friend in Germany who has a restaurant in hannover, if he give me job contact then, can I sawp my Portuguese temporary number in Germany. Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Did you actually read the thread you responded to?
Your question is answered in there TWICE!

bangladeshimominportugal wrote:

Hello sir, I have Portuguese temporary residence permit validity until 2024 September, I have a friend in Germany who has a restaurant in hannover, if he give me job contact then, can I sawp my Portuguese temporary number in Germany. Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Like Beppi has mentioned, getting a work visa for German is independent of the situation in Portugal. One could theoretically get a job lined up and get a German work permit but is is not a swap of any kind; it is a separate thing, not an exchange.

I have portuguese temporary residence card. Can I go to Germany and seek for a job and if I find any job can I ask for a work permit? I have a Uncle who is give me job instantly?
@sumona8414

Is that job a shortage occupation or are you highly skilled and your uncle can´t find a candidate who does not need sponsoring for a work permit?
All work permits are still strictly local. You can apply for a German one, but having one in Portugal does not help at all.

Hi Sir, can I do business across Europe with the 2 Years Temporary Residence Card of Portugal on the basis of self employed?

Munish Bansal: A properly registered company with tax ID (from any EU country) can do business across the EU. But you as a person need a work permit for each country you work in . So if this "business" is remotely done: No problem. But if you need to go there and provide your services on site, better check that country's regulations on foreign labour first!

I have Portugal trc can I go and work in Germany Amazon Warehouse?

@umair Hassan22 Possible, but you have to apply for the appropriate German visa first - read this thread and related discussions!

Husband and wife we ​​both have TRC card we have children and they are able Portuguese send them to study in germany

Husband and wife we ​​both have TRC card we have children and they are able Portuguese send them to study in Germany
-@Re Azlan

Your kids could try to apply for university in Germany but will need the academic qualifications. And as non-EU citizens, although residing in Portuagal, they will be seen as international students which means needing a study permit for Germany and not necessarily tuition-free in public universities; that depends on the specific program.

I've got trc from portugal can I apply for FSJ in german.

@Luffynomi You can apply for an FSJ, just like everybody else.

The papers from Portugal do no help nor hinder this.

Thank you for considering to donate your time and money to do charity work as FSJ in Germany!

@Luffynomi

Since you are legally living in Portugal, you need to apply for your visa at the German Embassy in Portugal once you have an  offer for a FSJ.

@beppi can I get visa for fsj if i've got contract from them

@beppi thank you soo much for your kind information😊

If I have Portugal TRC card, can I get married and get the paper changed in German?

@Ahmed Nabil34 Your question has already been clearly answer by previous posts on this thread. If you are marrying an EU citizen and moving to Germany then you can apply for a family reunion visa. There is no such thing as just "changing or exchanging" a visa.

@beppi what if i get married with german women? There is possibility to change my residence card portugal? To german i have 2 years residence card

@beppi i would like to know i have my fiance she js german and live in germany and i have temporary residence in portugal of 2 years so if we get married kn germany? Can i change the residence with marriage? Answer me please

@beppi i would like to know i have my fiance she js german and live in germany and i have temporary residence in portugal of 2 years so if we get married kn germany? Can i change the residence with marriage? Answer me please
-@ninouchabdessamad29

If you marry a German then you can migrate there together after getting a family reunion visa. You must pass an A1 (beginner's level) German test and have income enough to support both of you without needing social assistance. They also want to know that one is free of serious criminal offenses or belonging to a criminal, terrorist or radical group, They will also want some proof that the marriage is legitimate and not just on paper for purposes of immigration.

@ninouchabdessamad29 You cannot CHANGE a Portuguese residency paper into a German one. They have nothing to do with each other!

If you are married to a German national (and fulfil other requirements, which Tom explained above), you can apply for a family reunion visa (FRV).

Once you have that, you can decide whether you cancel your Portuguese permit or keep it (if legally possible).

@beppi hi can work as posted worker in germany if someone hire me from portugal.. my company have agryment with a german reataurent .. can i go there and work

@beppi hi can work as posted worker in germany if someone hire me from portugal.. my company have agryment with a german reataurent .. can i go there and work
-@Khush Singh

As a non-EU citizen unless you have a special EU permanent residency then it is not allowed. Nothing to do with company agreements. These are governmental immigration rules. You can of course apply for a German work visa with the cooperation of the potential employer, no guarantee though. This should be more than obvious from the information already given. And the profile picture is the same for your profile and the original poster. Basically you have registered again as a different user and posted the same question already answered.

Hi,

If i get job contract from german and then i apply for german work visa do i have to leave my portugal Temporary Residence Card like can i keep both card porugal trc and german work permit or do i have to leave 1 .?

Thanks

@Umair Hassan9 The German authorities don't care what permits for other countries you hold.

Whether the Portuguese authorities allow you to keep it, is unknown to me. Ask on the Portugal forum!

Hey, I live in Portugal as a residence with my parents having temporary residence card, I want to go and study in Germany for bachelor degree. I also have TRC of Portugal valid for 2years with dependent with my parents. So, can I have access to study there in germany? And while studying in germany, do I be able to renew my TRC of portugal? Plz let me know, if anybody knows about it.

@Neck Daniel I assume your profile, which indicates you are Portuguese citizen, is incorrect. If you are non-EU-citizen, you need a German student visa to study in Germany. Whether you can keep a Portuguese visa while living in Germany is a topic for the Portugal forum, not here.

Hey, I live in Portugal as a residence with my parents having temporary residence card, I want to go and study in Germany for bachelor degree. I also have TRC of Portugal valid for 2years with dependent with my parents. So, can I have access to study there in germany? And while studying in germany, do I be able to renew my TRC of portugal? Plz let me know, if anybody knows about it.

-@Neck Daniel

As Beppi wrote, as a non-EU person you will need a study visa for Germany and if you can keep your Portuguese residency depends on their rules. But I kind of doubt it. If it were the other way around; one with TR in Germany going to Portugal, they could not as far as I know.

This brings up the question of why study in Germany if one already has Portuguese residency and intends to return there after studying? This is so much more complicated than just studying in Portugal. What should be the advantage? And the vast majority of bachelors in Germany are taught on a C1 level of German and NOT in English - although many masters are. Even if one finds an English taught program, one should know at least an advanced beginner's level of German to navigate life here. So the question is; how good is your German?

The other possibility is that one actually intends to stay on in Germany after studying. There is a clear pathway to do so after completing a degree in Germany but again the question of language comes up. If one would do an English taught program, this doesn't mean one has much of a chance to get a job except in a few niche fields unless they speak good German. The condition to stay on in Germany after graduation is to find a job within one's field of study within 18 months.

And one is not allowed to just drop out of a program and then work fulltime. This is assumed to be a fraudulent attempt to fake an academic purpose to just migrate for work. If one intends to work in Germany without getting a degree then they should try to line up a job and get a work visa from the start.

@TominStuttgart Thank you for your word. The only reason I want to study in Germany is the course I'm willing to study is not available here in Portugal. But it is available there in Germany. So, I just want to finish my bachelor there and return back to Portugal. University which I'm willing to study is IU University of Applied Science. So, can't I just go Germany without visa and apply for student residence permit and study there?

POV: One of my friend has done same, he has got both the residence permit, one of Portugal and one of Germany. He went there without visa and applied for German student Residence permit and he got it too..!! He went and did that with his own risk. So, the only question is can we now renew the Portuguese Residence Permit even after studying in Germany while having its own residence permit? Because ultimatly we need to return back to Portugal after completing our study. Is this Possible????? Plz suggest....

Normally you would need a study visa beforehand. But with Portuguese residency you can of course travel to Germany and can there at least inquire about university. One can find information for international students in Germany including a data base of programs available at www.daad.de/en

If you can maintain residency in Portugal, like already mentioned, is a question for the Portugal forum and not here.