Marriage and kenya processes

Hi,
I am Kenyan woman and would like to marry German guy,So my question is...how long does it take me to have a visa assuming that i have all documents needed of me?Or rather where or what would you suggest for me to do in order to get to reunite my fiancee as quick as possible?Thanks in advance.

After you married, you can apply (at your nearest German embassy) for a family reunion visa to join him in Germany. It takes about three months to process - and they might ask for some proof that yours is not a marriage of convenience (i.e. for the sole purpose of getting a visa).

Thank you for the kind reply Beppi

Hi , am Kenyan who  needs some advice .. am engaged to a German citizen and we are planning to marry in his country .. Is there anything like Fiance Visa or which visa should i apply for here in Kenya  so that i join him in Germany? Am confused .
I will appreciate the ideas

If you want to stay on with him in Germany after your wedding, you must enter Germany on a marriage visa. You can apply for it at the German embassy in your country - but don't expect the paperwork to be easy!
You can also marry on any other visa, but then you will probably have to return to your country and apply for a family reunion visa there.

Thanks for your reply Beppi ...so ist easy to marry in Kenya then apply for family reunion or i just apply for visa to get married in Germany ?

You will see in other posts on this Forum that marriage is complicated in Germany, hence why a lot marry in other countries like Denmark. I don't know what it's like in Kenya, but it might be worth looking into it. It might be the easiest way.

SimCityAT wrote:

You will see in other posts on this Forum that marriage is complicated in Germany, hence why a lot marry in other countries like Denmark. I don't know what it's like in Kenya, but it might be worth looking into it. It might be the easiest way.

Thankyou very much for this information ...i will consider maybe marrying here .

The places of choice for an easy international marriage are Denmark, Singapore, Las Vegas.
You then still need to return to your country and apply for a German family reunion visa there, which can be bothersome and take 3 - 6 months.

It has often been stated here that Denmark is one of the easiest places for foreigners to marry. But I think one has to look into the details.

Out of curiosity I googled the subject and a site announced that there are new rules as of Jan. 2019 making it more complex. I should mention that the site is informative but also trying to sell their service of helping couples get married.

https://gettingmarriedindenmark.com/

They also mentioned that the city hall in different cities can have different requirements but here is what is basic:

Required Documents for Getting Married in Denmark
•    Valid Passport, visa if required and Schengen entry stamp*
•    If you are living abroad, you will need to show your residence permit.
•    Certificate of your marital status from your current place of residence. This must be no older than 4 months
•    If you have been previously married, a divorce decree or death certificate will be required.
•    Persons of the Military will require permission from their commander.
•    Original Birth Certificate (in most cases your birth certificate is not necessary)

Documents that are not in English, German or Danish must be translated in to one of these three languages. Weddings can be performed in any of three 3 languages.

Here are another 2 sites from the Danish and Copenhagen governments; thus non-commercial so they might be more objective.

https://www.statsforvaltningen.dk/site.aspx?p=9555https://international.kk.dk/marriedincph

Conditions for foreign couples in connection with being married in Denmark or abroad
If you want to get married in Denmark, you have to meet the conditions in the "Ægteskabsloven” (i.e. the Danish Act on the Formation and Dissolution of Marriage).

The application
If you want to get married in Denmark, you have to send an application along with a declaration of marriage to the State Administration and pay an administration fee.

If you meet the conditions we issue you a Certificate of Marital License.
A Certificate of marital status is valid for 4 months from the date of issue. If the parties are not married within this period, the Marriage Certificate expires and the parties must apply again. In case of a new application, all documents must be submitted and the fee of 1650, - paid again.

If you want to get married in Germany then apply for a marriage Visa,if you get married in Kenya then apply for a Spouse Visa. The level of difficulty from experience is mainly dependent on the town/city/Stadt that you want to move to/how big it is.
Please note that the Embassies really scrutinize the marriages/marriage Certificate so getting married in Denmark/Outside Germany might still not guarantee you getting a Long term Visa.

Am a Kenyan and would like to marry a Germany guy here in Kenya...can one kindly help me out with the procedures...am confused

Am a Kenyan and would like to marry a Germany guy here in Kenya...can one kindly help me out with the procedures...am confused
-@prudencemartin92

This has little to do with German laws.

Contact the authority in your country that registers marriages and ask them what kind of documents are needed from a foreign (German) national.