Jordanian Countryside for a Western woman

I'm a US woman, age 38, who will be working as a Peace Corps volunteer in Jordan, teaching English and working in youth development.  I'm finding tons of info here and on other sites about living as a Western woman in Amman, but I need to know about living as a woman in rural, countryside locations.  What are special challenges faced by Western women in outlying areas that are not cosmpolitain like Amman? Especially an un-married woman who will be working.  Some things to note: the Peace Corps assigns volunteers to live at the level of locals, with 'pay' matching that of native teachers. I understand will be expected to dress even more conservatively than Western women in Amman dress. I expect I will be working with young girls, as I don't think they will have me teaching young boys or young men. But so far, that's all I know!  The Peace Corps has an extensive training regime, and they will give me more info later, but I am a proactive researcher. I'd like to start learning now.  If you have any tips or info about the Jordanian countryside, I'd love to know! Especially if you're a Western woman who has traveled there or maybe visited family in the countryside. But I welcome information from men too.  Give me everything you've got. Thanks!

Marhaba CaitlinRenee,

Welcome on board to this site and welcome to Jordan once you arrive here.

The life in the country side is more traditional and as a un married woman you will be judged easily on your behavior. They watch you very carefully and sometimes they can be very rude in staring at you. For example its not done to have male visitors or talk to strange men in public.

Do you know already where you going to live?

Hallo ,im Kristina lithuanian/swiss,im 30 ,im living in jordan since 4 years i live next to Amman in small village with my husband,i can say that for normal arabic women jordan or in general the arabic cultur have great respect for women and her position in the society,they have more rights than we ever thought,even befor any western cultur they have thier rights to work and to be free in thier life,in western modern culture wemen still didnt reach the equality with men,still we suffer from misusing wemen in many ways and we suffer from unfair luws,for example  the rate of rape,harasmant,killing wemen,divorce,selling women is heigher 100 time than the wors arabic country, i think itis better to stay in our countries and fight thier for wemen rights than coming here to talk about things we dont know,because it clearly could show that our motivation is deeper than just what are saying,some pepole well call it ,secret agenda, or the war on islam,our decrasies in the west is not perfect and need alot to reach any human level,i was schock to see and tolearn how much islam gave wemen rights to work and to have her own busniss and to shar the well, i have alot of jordanien friends and western girl friends and im still learning
kristina