New to KL

Hi, Im kammeron, just moved to Malaysia from the US.  I am working, and my office is in Mutiara Damansara.  I am currently searching for apartments to stay in, so any advice on neighborhoods to look at or specific buildings to look into is greatly appreciated!  I would also love to get involved in sports teams or social clubs!

Probably you can consider MontKiara area as it's preety close to Mutiara Damansara. Many expat live in MontKiara and lots of apartment to rent there.

hai dear ms kammeron , its great to have you in malaysia , i ve been here for quite some time , i can say its best if you look apartment in mont kiara and its not really far from damansara , and for the activity i will be more happy to company you to a nice bar or something to get a drink and talk , hope fully we ll meet up very soon , so text me back here , cheers

You would need a car though to stay in MK. Someone I met called it "mont Birmingham" with reference to it looking like Birmingham in UK. NOT a compliment lol. Ugly hell hole of condos in my opinion. Expat heaven to some.

There are lots of places to stay near MD I stay ina condo past the curve but traffic bad at times these days. But same all over  KL.

Find a condo as close as possible to your place of work. It's the only way to enjoy  a relaxed daily life. MK is a loathe it or love it type of place. It is not near anywhere and there is no public transport. So just concentrate on the small area in which you will be able to operate. If you want a more enjoyable and international lifestyle, you will need to move near to KLCC or Bukit Bintang - but traffic is heavy out to the Damansaras during normal rush hour from 7.30 to 9.30.

Welcome Kammeron.  Can't give much advice regarding apts since mine is provided by my employer.  There are sports clubs and events listed on internations site and meetup site which you might want to check out.  Good luck to you in your career and Happy Chinese New Year.

Hi how are you? I hope all is ok with you. I am from KL my name is Nazmul i will suggest you to stay here Jalan Putra, 50350 Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Malaysia. this so nice condo.. anything plz email me   [email protected]

Let me know if you interested to stay in bukit jalil. Am planning to share my apartment.

Hi md.jamie.in,

Posting an advert, with details of the available facilities in the Flat share in Kuala Lumpur section might help. ;)

Regards,

David.

Expat-blog team.

Hi Dear,

Hi would suggest  you look around Mutiara Damansara and Damansara Perdana. they are within walking distances or just a short drive to your office. Most apartments within walking distance to MD would be studio apartments, with happening facilities either downstairs frm the condo or within walking distance.

If you would like to be in a more family oriented area you could try Armanee Terrace I(rather old) duplex units too big if u r planning to stay alone, Perdana executive suites( a mixture of single and family people) largest i about 1200sft i think..

There is also going to be an MRT coming up soon there. Cabs shudnt be a problem. QUite a large number of expats stay in this area as well.

I wud say that MK is over rated. I ve been there to look for properties. Even during off peak hours, traffic is bad.

Let me knw if u need more advice. Glad to help.

Malaysian

best of luck..... ;)

Hey, I'm to move to KL from 1st Apr'14 & My office HCL Tech is also located at Bukit Jalil...I would be interested to share an Apartment...Plz let me know if available...

Hey, I'm to move to KL from 1st Apr'14 & My office HCL Tech is also located at Bukit Jalil...I would be interested to share an Apartment...Plz let me know if available...

Have you found your apartment? In Damansara Perdana there are some pretty decent ones! Neo Damansara is quite decent and also Empire Damansara