Shisha in Jeddah

Hi,

Is shisha still available in cafes inside Jeddah?
In Khobar, all have been closed and moved outside of the city limits in an industrial zone.
Plus, they dont allow females.

Me and my wife are avid sheesha fans and we used to drive upto Bahrain once a week atleast to do just that..! :P

Whats the latest scene in Jeddah. I read some old new articles that it is being banned.
I searched online and found out that a place called Bubbles was popular. I was there for a day trip and google maps led me to a the place, only to find it boarded up and closed..!! :(

Yes, shisha is available in cafes.

Shisha every week?  Better cut back, especially the wife, if you plan on having [more] children.

expat_malik wrote:

Hi,

Me and my wife are avid sheesha fans and we used to drive upto Bahrain once a week atleast to do just that..! :P:(

Since you both are avid sheesha fans, why don't you buy a set of those and have it at your home.. As ladies having sheesha outside is a problem, you will avoid this hassle..

Trapezius wrote:

Yes, shisha is available in cafes.

Shisha every week?  Better cut back, especially the wife, if you plan on having [more] children.

Could you point out the names of a few nicer places, specially which are open air..?
And places where either mixed groups or females (otherwise known as 'family section' in saudi) is also present..! :)

atomicwarlord wrote:
expat_malik wrote:

Hi,

Me and my wife are avid sheesha fans and we used to drive upto Bahrain once a week atleast to do just that..! :P:(

Since you both are avid sheesha fans, why don't you buy a set of those and have it at your home.. As ladies having sheesha outside is a problem, you will avoid this hassle..

That is the last resort, ofcourse..! But it is a hassle to make and refresh one..!
(yes, I have sadly entrenched into the local routine of laziness!! :P)

Best open air places are on the corniche

Green island
Lacosta
Sail island
Belajio
Movenpick Al Nawras

Go to google maps, zoom in so you can see where Sari street meets the sea.  Then move the map slowly north, and you will see all the places I listed, they are all within 5 minutes of each other.

Many restaurants and cafes also have it.  Bert's cafe, a French restaurant from France is very popular.  Once you go to a few of those places, you can ask other customers there and they can tell you more places.  Bubbles is good, but you said it was boarded up, I had no idea.