Gymnasium

I was wondering if someone can recommend a good gym that is not overly priced . I have had a look at the California Gym , but it is a little more than i wish to pay .

I really just want to use the treadmill and do some basic weights , thats all

I live in Q1

Cheers

Peter

Hi Peter,

U can try "Get Fit" which located in H4 Apartment Building, D4. Price is acceptable. I paid 350$ for a one year contract (and successfully dealed with them to have one extra month). The price maybe a bit higher now...

Don't forget your iPod and noise canceling earphones.  You will need them.

I'm also looking for a gym in D1..

How much did they ask for at California Gym?

One thing I don't like from California is they often give me a very high proposal and then I have to deal with them, like I buy something from the market. Get Fit where I am trying is quite near to District 1, just the other side of Ong Lanh Bridge (The Bridge connects D1 and D4). Normally, the price is quite fixed, they just can give you some extra benefits if you are a good dealer...Anyway, Their service and facilities are not bad....

For anyone who need information on California gym, the current "correct" price is 15 million for a contract of 30 months or 34 months (gold member), varying depend on the sales person. If you want to be able to exercise in all 4 locations (district 1,4,5 and Tan Binh) you need to upgrade to Platinum member, which will cost 2 million more. What I don't like about this is you have to pay 15 million for 2.5 years. If you only stay here for 1 year and want a 1 year contract, the price will be higher. However they have Les Mills class (Body pump, RPM, Body combat) and exercise in a group would be more fun. I also used Get fit before, 350$/ 1 year, it's a bit crowded at the time I joined the gym (2011, haha), maybe it's different now.

Thanks goo goo.

I will go down to california next week and see what deal I get. I do want to go to the classes, and its near my office.

Will report back on what they offer

Good luck with your dealing Roo! I think a 1 year contract will be around 9-10 million. Be careful with Cali sale person, they are famous for cheating on customer, they will try to rip you off as much as possible, maybe due to their own pressure on sale target or they will have a high commission on high value contract. When i first came there in 2012, they gave me a package cost 26 million/ year, i couldn't afford it so i said no and they kept calling me after that. Suddenly, they called me on Valentine day and said "because today is valentine day so we offer a special price for couple, you only have to pay 13million for 2 years, but it only valid for today, and you need to find 1 more person to buy this couple package". Then there am I joining cali, when I got to know other person in the gym, I found out that they pay different ridiculous price, and some members got angry because they had to pay higher. Those sale people always use tricks like that, so be strong and keep saying no if the price is too high. When you can pass the sales barrier, haha, I think you will enjoy the gym as much as I were...