How to go about being an agent to a Swiss company in ML

Dear all,
I have been following your interesting and valuable advices for the past months. Thank you.
Now I am on MM2H visa, and. I have just been offered to be an agent for a Swiss Cosmatic Comapny for one of its products. They would give me the choice to be an agent to import their product for direct sale/ distribution or to market it through a specialized firms and pharmacies.
My questions now, are
what kind of company I need to establish, if any, allowing me to import the products and receive samples.(I also need to avoid the mistake of some of the members of this forum of having expenses to pay even before starting)..

Do I need to go through government's approval of the product, through testing or else, before starting the operation?

Thank you in advance..

You can't work on the MM2H programme. If you want to import items, you need to set up a company in Malaysia and have RM1 million capital. Although you can own a company, you would need to employ people to work for you. You will need an import licence for the products as well and I believe the products will have to pass stringent testing before they can be imported and sold.

The easiest solution is to approach a company that specializes in setting up companies and engage them to act on your behalf as you do not speak the language or understand the processes.

The first step I would think should be that you do a bit of research about who is going to market or sell the products you want to import. Without a solid business case, it would be a disaster to start setting up a company, when there is a danger than no-one is interested in distributing the products, or they are already being distributed by someone else as a similar franchisee as you would become.

A lot of money and import duties for taxation would have to be available to set up a company and to be honest, the sales volumes on products is very low, unless you can get one of the main chemist chains to sell the products, e.g. Watsons, Caring or Guardian.

If the products are not Halal certified, the market will also be reduced considerably.

I agree with the above. And overall you will need capital tabs expenses upfront to get a company set up, hire staff and get the appropriate licences.

And selling to pharmacies isn't so easy. This isn't some third world country with no cosmetics. Lots of established brands and this means heavy advertising and marketing costs. Not easy money. Doable but requires effort, capital and time to do.