Muslim Marriage in Malaysia

Hi I am from Pakistan. Can anyone guide me regarding Muslim marriage in Malaysia. I am properly aware of all requirements. But my case is a bit different. Let me explain.
      I am Muslim from Pakistan and my fiancee is Buddhist but now she is ready to accept Islam. So I will go to Malaysia next month and after conversion, we will start our marriage process. But one this is continually making me worried. While checking the marriage requirements, I found out that guardian (father, mother, sister, uncle) of girl must be present at the time of Nikah. But in my case my fiancee is ready to accept Islam but her other family members are not accepting and they are not happy with her. So in this case, presence of my fiancee's parents is necessary or not?   
    I shall be very thankful and appreciate your proper answer.

Asslam-o-Alaikum Brother first of all i in your case if girl is ready to accept islam and willing to be a Muslim she need to go to agama islam one of the Department who will change her identify as a Muslim
that time she can bring her any two close friends that can be a witness she is willing to be a Muslim without any pressure then they will proceed her documents like her IC like we call in Pakistan Nic in that condition if you will be with her in this process than agama islam will fully support you and give training to her about Islam she need to attends class for may be two week or one month and when you want to marry with her that time most of ladies must get their parents but if parents not willing to join her still she can do without parents but she need two guardians like any cousin or very close friend with her bcz she is Malaysian and sure have some peoples who can help for her and can be guardians for her new life.

i hope this knowledge will help you for your new life and wish you good luck brother.

Dear Imran Ashraf,

Thanks for your precious time and information. I am sure this information will help me a lot. Please tell me one more thing. As you told that my future wife will have to take classes after accepting Islam so we can get married soon after accepting Islam or we will have to wait till classes end.
      Second question is that 2 guardians should be well known to my future wife or I can arrange 4 witnesses in total for marriage? 2 witnesses from my side and 2 from my wife's side?

Always welcome brother

witness from your wife she have to request to whom she know. because i don't think someone unknown can go with her. from her side she can bring anyone whom she know and other thing you can proceed your marriage there before the classes bcz that i think depend on her if she willing to go regularly if she don't go than also not any issue but i think so if she will not go to attend the classes she will not fully aware about our Religion its depend on her brother and witness from your side that is depend on you want to bring to who if you think your family member can go with you that is more good if not possible you still can bring any Pakistani friends  that is not any issue. :)

I have gotten proper answer of my question. I will request my future wife keep attending classes. And I have many friends in Malaysia who can be witness for her conversion and for marriage. So she will arrange two witnesses on her side. Dear imran thanks for your cooperation. Pray for me and for my family. I will submit post again if I need further information regarding marriage. Thanks again

Suggest you join the FB group - Foreign Spouses Support Group as well for info about immigration to Malaysia after marriage.

https://www.facebook.com/FSSGMY/

The Notes section has several guides about the formalities which are somewhat complex.

Assalamualaikum Nauman,

1) Regarding the Marriage Procedure in Malaysia is not complicated as long you are following the standard 5+1 Rukun Nikah which is applicable standardise to all 13 States in Malaysia.

NIQAH CONDITION

1.      GROOM (FUTURE HUSBAND MALE)

2.      BRIDE (FUTURE WIFE FEMALE)

3.      WALI

4.      2 WITNESS GROOM SIDE

5.      AQAD NIKAH

+1 - MAS KAWIN

NEXT IS CONDITION FOR SAHIH NIQAH

a) CONDITION FOR FUTURE HUSBAND

1.      Islam

2.      Male

3.      Not mahram with future wife

4.      Not under process/ongoing to do ihram Haj or Umrah

5.      Willingness without force

6.      Known the Sahih Wali for that Niqah ceremony

7.      Known that Bride is able and Sahih to be Aqad Niqah without any objection to doing so.

8.      Do not having 4 wives at the same time.

b) The condition for Future Wife

1.      Islam

2.      Not Hermafrodit

3.      Female

4.      Not under Iddah period

5.      Not under process/ongoing to do ihram Haj or Umrah

6.      Willingness without force

7.      Not mahram with the future husband

8.      Not wive to someone or still having a husband

2) NEXT: INFO

A) "I found out that guardian (father, mother, sister, uncle) of girl must be present at the time of Nikah."... AND "So in this case, presence of my fiancee's parents is necessary or not?"...  - NO SUCH CONDITION AS 'A MUST' HAS BEING APPLIED UNLESS THE GIRL'S FATHER OR BROTHER IS A MUSLIM AND REQUIRE TO BE A WALI FOR THE AQAD NIQAH. OTHERS OF THE FAMILY MEMBERS ARE NOT NECESSARY BUT STILL CAN ATTEND THE NIQAH CEREMONY AS THEIR WISH.

B) FOR A FUTURE WIFE/HUSBAND THAT CONVERTED TO ISLAM WITHOUT ANY MUSLIM FAMILY MEMBERS (FATHER/BROTHER) AS MENTIONED, ISLAMIC DEPARTMENT OF STATE WILL APPOINT A 'HAKIM' TO BE A WALI FOR FUTURE WIFE DURING THE AQAD, 'HAKIM' WILL ATTEND.
NOTE: IN TRADITION OR OTHER WORDS AS FEE/GIFT, PLEASE PREPARE 4 OR 5 BROWN SMALL ENVELOPES FILL WITH MONEY NOTES FOR THE:
1. 2 WITNESS - RM50 EACH
2. WALI HAKIM - RM70
3. KADI - RM100
4. STANDBY (IF IN CASE ANY OTHER EXTRA TO GIVE) - RM50

C) THE PROCESS IS SHORT INTERVIEW WILL BE HELD IN THE ISLAMIC DEPT OFFICE FOR BOTH OF YOU ONCE YOU SUBMIT THE APPLICATION FORM TO REGISTER YOUR MARRIAGE. PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR DATE & TIME OF NIQAH AND VENUE.

D) DIFFERENT STATE IS HAVING A DIFFERENT POLICY OTHER THAN THE STANDARD REQUIREMENTS AS MENTIONED ABOVE. THEREFORE, FIRST,
CONFIRM THE STATE YOU INTEND TO NIQAH, GET THE APPLICATION FORM AND STICK TO ONE STATE DEPT OF ISLAMIC ON ALL THE SUBMISSION OF DOCS AND ALL NECESSARY PROCESS. DO NOT MIX AND LIAISE WITH OTHER/DIFFERENT STATE OF ISLAMIC DEPT.
EXAMPLE: IF YOU CHOOSE KUALA LUMPUR, IT'S UNDER WILAYAH PERSEKUTUAN, THE STATE DEPT CALLED 'JAWI', IF YOU CHOOSE SELANGOR, IT CALLED 'JAIS'.

HOPING THE BOTH INFO WILL HELP.

THANK YOU

BEST REGARDS

DAN

Dear Dan1611,

I am really thankful to you for this information. I am going to Malaysia next month Insha Allah and will start the process of marriage. Pray for me. And I would love to share my experience after getting all done. Thanks again.

Dear Imran Ashraf & Dan,

You helped me a lot and gave me very authentic information about Muslim marriage in Malaysia. I need your further help and information.
    1. I request you to tell me complete process of Muslim marriage in Malaysia. And what documents are required on my end from my home country (Pakistan). And required documents from my future wife's end from Malaysia.

2. I have come to know about the main document which is single status letter. Please tell me from where I need to get this letter attested in Pakistan & Malaysia?

Your kind attention will be highly appreciated.

Regards
Nauman.

Aslam o alikum,
we are Pakistani citizen (muslims) living in newzealand and want to get married in malaysia especially Kuala Lumpur. We will also be accompanied by our parents. Therefore want to know, whats the procedure behind it as I found it very complicated on different forums and others. Could anyone please guide me as we want to confirm our ticket as soon as possible...Thanks

Hi ..My name is Shafiq. I really need some help plz......
problem: regarding malaysian marriage.

My brother in law has been in Malaysia for last 5 years. he has got a 12 years old daughter with my sister .. our family is financially good. we our brothers helped my brother in law in everyway financially and mentally .. we just wanted him to be happy with our sister. my father passed way when we were kid.. it is our responsibility to look after our sisters.. now, the main problem is In malaysia my brother in law has got no Visa at the moment but he is doing good business. As because he is earning a bit good money he doesn't want to come back to bangladesh.. left my nice n sister in a misery... He wants to get married to a malaysian Girl .. to be legal and do business. my sister and nice is totally broken n in shocked when they heard that news. They were waiting for him for that many years ..now they got this terrible news. If you could suggest or help me with ur advice ..please.

Assalamu alaykum brother..my name is Shafiq.
I really need ur advice and help plz...
Problem:
My brother in law has been in Malaysia for last 5 years. he has got a 12 years old daughter with my sister .. our family is financially good. we our brothers helped my brother in law in everyway financially and mentally .. we just wanted him to be happy with our sister. my father passed way when we were kid.. it is our responsibility to look after our sisters.. now, the main problem is In malaysia my brother in law has got no Visa at the moment but he is doing good business. As because he is earning a bit good money he doesn't want to come back to bangladesh.. left my nice n sister in a misery... He wants to get married to a malaysian Girl .. to be legal and do business. my sister and nice is totally broken n in shocked when they heard that news. They were waiting for him for that many years ..now they got this terrible news. If you could suggest or help me with ur advice ..please.

Shafiqbd - if your Brother in Law is staying illegally in Malaysia he will probably not easily be able to marry a Malaysian. It will become clear, if he tries, that he is an illegal immigrant and he will probably be deported and banned for 5 years.

Even if he does get some help to marry by the backdoor, there could be immigration problems when he tries to get a Long Term Social Visit Pass as the spouse of a Malaysian.

If he is doing business without any proper visa he is also most likely evading income tax. So additional problems may occur.

https://www.lawyerment.com/answers/ques … an-muslims

The above link explains the steps and paperwork that will have to take place for a foreigner (Muslim) to marry a Malaysian. I understand there are very few records in Bangladesh so making sure it is clear in official records that he is already married might be relevant.

The sad thing is perhaps the Malaysian lady is not aware of his first family. It sounds like a very typical "marriage of convenience" and the authorities in Malaysia are aware of these situations and there are hurdles in place to inconvenience those who take part in such activities.

Hi Gravitas...

Thank you so much for ur concern and help.I also would like to thank u for ur valuable time that u spend to read my Post.

ur information will give me some courage and hope to fix my sisters family..I will knock any door or go to any extend to fix this Issue...Thank  you once again..

Helloo I have questions regarding foreigners get married in Malaysia, Is it compulsory to have single status certificate?

Yes you really need single status certificate from your home country before coming to Malaysia. And this single status certificate must be attested from the foreign office of your home county and then after coming to Malaysia, the same certificate will again be attested by foreign ministry of Malaysia. One of its offices is in putrajaya.

Thank you so much for answering my quest :)

Hi..Can you share what you have gone through the processes to get married Malaysian Muslim? Glad if you can share.. My fiance from pakistan  got lack of knowledge regarding process to get marry here and I am quite busy with my work. He also not good in English. Please help.

Thanks! 😊

Process is very easy and simple.
Single status certificate is main document which your fiancee needs to bring from Pakistan. After that when you will go to JAWI. they will guide you completely.

Hi Nauman,
I read that you are married to a malaysian reverted muslim..Hope both of you are doing great.

could u please advise, will there be any difference in procedure if both are Non- Malaysian Muslim?

No Different. The only things are, both need to prepare all the relevant documents from their origin country and follow all the term and condition from the Malaysian Islamic Law that was mentioned above.

Assalam wa3leykoum,

I am a little bit lost and i need your advice please.

I am french and i would like to get married religiously to a Bengladeshi man in Malaysia.
I am currently looking for a job in KL.

My question is: is it possible to get married religioulsy with him even if he doesn't have any visa for the moment?

I know that for an administrative and civil marriage  a current and valid visa is needed, but what about the visa for the religious marriage? Is it asked?

Thank you for your help

Regards,
Jalila

Jalila05 - no unfortunately its not possible because to get married here as two foreigners, even via a religious ceremony, there is a lot of paperwork and contact with officialdom. Without a work permit he cannot register his documents or carry out the preparations. Without the correct preparation if a 'marriage' took place it would not be legally recognised as no marriage certificate could be issued

Hello Gravitas,

Are you a lawyer or something like this?
Because today someone from Malaysia told me that for a religious wedding, only a valid passport is needeed.
So i got 2 totally opposite answers...

Thanks

The best thing is for you to contact the French embassy in Kuala Lumpur as two foreigners would be marrying. They can provide you with information, process and the documents required because they would be involved in the process. Likewise the Bangladesh High Commission.

The main issue is because your boyfriend is illegally living and working in Malaysia he will have difficulty getting the paperwork foreigners need to obtain marriage consent to marry in Malaysia from Islamic affairs department

For example:

Nauman601 wrote:

Yes you really need single status certificate from your home country before coming to Malaysia. And this single status certificate must be attested from the foreign office of your home county and then after coming to Malaysia, the same certificate will again be attested by foreign ministry of Malaysia. One of its offices is in putrajaya.

If you are thinking of Temporary Marriage, it's not recognised in Malaysia.

Assalam-o-Alikum everyone,

Can anyone guide me the complete procedure to get married in Malaysia?
Me and my to-be-wife are Muslim foreigner. what are the documents we need to prepare and how to do process in JAIS.
How many days does it take to complete the process and get the official marriage certificate?
we must have to register to the JAIS first or can have nikkah in the mosque Islamic way first and then can go for the registration?

If anyone can share their experience of getting married process will be highly appreciated.

Looking forward for your kind response.
Thank you so much.