Nearly there!

Hi expats of KL! Got my flights over 10th of December, starting work January. Looking to live in Bukit Bintang area. Any expats from Europe do get in touch -would like to hear experiences. Joining the pub crawl as it seems like all the 'left overs' get together on that one ;) look forward to it :)

There are regular pub crawls from The Lobby Thai Restaurant in Jalan Mesui.  It is in BB, close to the Istana Hotel.

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/kuala-lumpu … 11?aff=es2

Just note that although it says The Lobby is on Changkat Bukit Bintang that is incorrect.

Have fun!

Cheers! Ever tried it?

I've seen it in action and first found out about it as I was having dinner at The Lobby (the best and cheapest Thai food in the KLCC area). I tend to socialize in the same area as the pub crawl and it is the best place in BB.

The group just books in and meets up at the Lobby.  They have a long table ready and people have their welcome drink while they wait for everyone to be there. Changkat Bukit Bintang is one of the best areas, although quite small, but there are a growing number of pubs etc opening in the surrounding area - so lots going on.

The alcohol prices are very high in Malaysia as there is a 16% surcharge when bought in a bar/restaurant.  This is a good deal and you will get to see some of the places and try them out. There are 3 night clubs, at least, with the new one just about to open.  People are friendly in KL and out to have a good time. If you haven't joined Inter Nations yet, do so, as there are other social event going continually.

The street does close at 3 am.  If you want to party longer then try Zouk on Jalan Ampang, close to the Twin Towers and opposite Hotel Maya. They have a licence until 5 am.