If anybody doing guest house business

Hello all. I m a bangladeshi travelled malaysia many times i m moving to KL soon i have many friends doing travel agency business here in bangladesh. They told me if u are moving there in KL then ucan try this guest house business in malaysia. And i know how to do marketting nicely.  So if any memebr already has an idea or already in the business then please let me know i would like to join with the business. Thanks.

Sounds interesting. I didnt know we had a big populations of Bangladeshis coming to Malaysia for social visits!
Unfortunately, not into the guest house business. Usually to start up a business, you may need a Malaysian business partner. It also depends on how much you are willing to spend.
Location is also key. Prime areas in KL are obviously expensive, but I guess it is worth the business. The more preferrable stays would be boutique inns.
Have you tried asking the inns if maybe they would want to collaborate with your travel agency?
There are many in Bukit Bintang Area.

This is another way to incorporate a company in Malaysia and does not require so much capital

http://malaysiabizadvisory.com/advantag … n-company/

The only restriction is that the business cannot operate in Malaysian Ringgit (RM).  All business activities must be in other currencies. This is suitable for say internet businesses where purchases are made in other currencies than RM. It is not suitable for street trading businesses.  It is possible to have a sales office set up outside Labuan.  I believe there are various "hidden" charges, like having to "rent" office space and a phone line in Labuan.

Local expenses are paid in RM from income transferred to a local bank account in foreign currency and then exchanged into RM.

This link to businesses for sale on Mudah may be helpful.

http://www.mudah.my/Kuala-Lumpur/Business-for-sale-6040

You can change the location to Selangor or other areas.

The prices to be paid do not include the incorporation of a company in Malaysia, nor monthly rental and other day-to-day expenses and licences.

From 1st January 2014 all people who handle or sell food (even in a guesthouse or hotel) have to be registered with the Ministry of Health:

Food Manufacturers and Factories
Food Caterers
Restaurants and Food Stalls
Mobile Hawkers

Unregistered could be penalized with RM10k fine or a 2 years jail term.

www.fosimdomestic.moh.gov.my

Source: Star Newspaper - 14 October 2013