Typhoon Quang Ngai

Well that was a lot of hoo  haa over nothing, bit of a breeze and the usual rain for this time of year, ( maybe next weeks one will be better ), many trees bit the dust for nothing, last night you would have sworn the storm had already passed, trees, branches all over the roads everywhere I went, the QN taxi's are doing a roaring trade, ferrying frightened passengers, ( that was before they got in the taxi ),  from Tinh Ky , etc, into Quang Ngai, ( 18kms ), Tinh Ky and Tink Khe are by the sea, ( must be at least 200 fishing boats sheltering there too ), today they will be returning them, $$$$$$.
  My wife's house is in Tinh Ky, and with it being fairly new, we had a few noisy relatives staying there, ( the storm wasn't due to hit until 10 am?????? ), some of her neighbours actually had their houses moored to the ground with ropes, looking like enormous hot air balloon houses, ( hope my photo's turn out, I enjoy taking photo's of crazy stuff like that here ).
   Lot of interference with the internet there, the power went off around 7am, after many attempts. But at my house in Tinh Khe, ( 4 kms away ), everything is ok.

bluenz wrote:

Well that was a lot of hoo  haa over nothing, bit of a breeze and the usual rain for this time of year, ( maybe next weeks one will be better ), many trees bit the dust for nothing, last night you would have sworn the storm had already passed, trees, branches all over the roads everywhere I went, the QN taxi's are doing a roaring trade, ferrying frightened passengers, ( that was before they got in the taxi ),  from Tinh Ky , etc, into Quang Ngai, ( 18kms ), Tinh Ky and Tink Khe are by the sea, ( must be at least 200 fishing boats sheltering there too ), today they will be returning them, $$$$$$.
  My wife's house is in Tinh Ky, and with it being fairly new, we had a few noisy relatives staying there, ( the storm wasn't due to hit until 10 am?????? ), some of her neighbours actually had their houses moored to the ground with ropes, looking like enormous hot air balloon houses, ( hope my photo's turn out, I enjoy taking photo's of crazy stuff like that here ).
   Lot of interference with the internet there, the power went off around 7am, after many attempts. But at my house in Tinh Khe, ( 4 kms away ), everything is ok.

Not sure if you heard about the super storm that hit NJ and NY last year this time, but having survived that I think being missed by a killer storm (literal not figurative) is a true blessing. In my book a little inconvenience is worth the potential lives and property saved. Just ask the families in the Philippines.

I would like to see the photos of the hot air balloon houses strapped down. Sounds pretty funny.

Good_Man wrote:
bluenz wrote:

Not sure if you heard about the super storm that hit NJ and NY last year this time, but having survived that I think being missed by a killer storm (literal not figurative) is a true blessing. In my book a little inconvenience is worth the potential lives and property saved. Just ask the families in the Philippines.

I would like to see the photos of the hot air balloon houses strapped down. Sounds pretty funny.

Yes , we have really f***ed this planet up, these sorts of weather extremes are happening more and more often in places that never usually get this.
   Maybe many of the locals here may have bad memories of the last bug storm here, (  just over 3 years ago ), the ruins of 2 hotels on the beach were only demolished this year. 
  Unfortunately I couldn't get the whole house in the photo, ( too close ), but you can see the ropes quite clearly,
   PM your e-mail address and I'll send them to yo if you like. ( 1 day I'll figure out how to post a pic on here ).

Good_Man wrote:
bluenz wrote:

He probably means the roof.  Most are just tin sheets nailed on top of 4 brick walls.  These easily get ripped during a windy storm.

Hi could u email pictures to [email protected] thank u paul

bluenz wrote:

...( 1 day I'll figure out how to post a pic on here ).

Here are two websites I found that might help you.

The first talks a little bit about how to post images on a forum like this.

http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/13477.page

And the second gives you some sites to upload your picture from your computer to the internet so you can get the URL in order to post the images as shown in the first link above.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-109994.html

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-REDqXibYh9Y/UbuHUvAD8FI/AAAAAAAAA6c/gKJZpqTHgrY/s1600/Good+Luck.gif

Tran Hung Dao wrote:
Good_Man wrote:
bluenz wrote:

He probably means the roof.  Most are just tin sheets nailed on top of 4 brick walls.  These easily get ripped during a windy storm.

The house is one of those concrete monstrosities , 1  1/2 levels, asbestos, oops I mean fibro cement roofing sheets.

Tran Hung Dao wrote:
bluenz wrote:

...( 1 day I'll figure out how to post a pic on here ).

Here are two websites I found that might help you.

The first talks a little bit about how to post images on a forum like this.

http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/13477.page

And the second gives you some sites to upload your picture from your computer to the internet so you can get the URL in order to post the images as shown in the first link above.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-109994.html

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-REDqXibYh9Y/U … d+Luck.gif

Thanks I've saved the other info you sent me too.