Tips to travel Kuala lumpur alone

Hi everyone,
I will travel KL in december. I am vietnamese and I have only 1 day in KU and  also will be Yogarkarta - indonesia 1 day. Is there any tip or advance 4 me. And if you r traveler in KU in 18-19 Dec , welcome to join with me.
Many thanks.

Yes....spend a lot longer in both places.
Won't won't get chance to see anything in a day.

Hiaz, the problem is i dun have time.  So in a short time i wanna travel as much as posible. :((

Piyo wrote:

Hiaz, the problem is i dun have time.  So in a short time i wanna travel as much as posible. :((

Then go to one of them.
Trying 2 would be pointless.

I agree one day is silly. Except Americans. They do all of Europe in a day lol

Waste of time paying for travel flights and hotels and not seeing anything at each destination. Slow down.

I do agree with the above posts. Although I have been to neither of those places, I would strongly advise you to change your plans and visit one of them only. Otherwise, you will end up just with the bragging rights of having visited so many places, although you will end up enjoying none.

IM IN KL when u arrive just let me know anywhere u want go [Moderated: pls send your private details in private]

Hi.

Here are some  tips
Yogjakarta- Candi Borobudur- UNESCO Heritage site is a must. Really beautiful and you can hire your guide there for a small fee. If you cant make it to the other places, doesnt matter. This should be priority. If you want to get hold of the Javanese Batik Cloth then head down to their main Market right in the heart of the city. Another thing is their palace, called Keratong if im not mistaken. That is also witihin the city.

Kuala Lumpur- 40 mins away from KLIA. Go see the Twin Towers, then go to Petaling Street. Experience cheap shopping and street food there. The art gallery in the KLCC Twin towers is pretty good.

I would avoid Petaling Street as it is just a shabby market.  Opposite is Sentral Market and this is much more interesting. It is close to Merdeka Square (5 mins walk) which has beautiful buildings surrounding it.  Take the Hop on Hop Off Bus at about 10 am to see the main places in KL.  Avoid rush hours as it gets snarled up in the horrendous traffic.

Thank you alot for all advices you gave. I have only onday and i cant change my schedule. This is problem. Anw, i will try to visit some palces u recommended and hope to have a chance to come back there. I just  wonder where should i book a hotel for 1 night?  Because i dont have much money so i wanna find a suitable place with cheep price and near the center then i can save time and money :D .

hey piyo :)

i will also travel to KL by the time you go there, but on 18 i must be going to butterworth to take the train to bangkok..
i will be in KL from 11 december to 18/19 (depends on my train schedule).

well, if you are an easy traveler, i will suggest to take a hostel instead of hotel, well, no point of wasting your money if you only stay for one night :)

and anyway, if you go to jogjakarta, you will love the street food :) go to malioboro for the "angkringan" and souvenirs.

enjoy your holiday!

Mitha