Prawning & BBQ (Since the Poker Run seems to have no interest) ;)

Ok, so apparently no one is interested in the Poker Run, so how about an afternoon event of Prawning and BBQ ... I found this place for prawning http://www.cungmua.com/vc-dich-vu-cau-t … 18999.html

I would ask them about us having a 'meet up' there and spend an hour or two prawning ... then (since they do grill the prawns) ask if they would allow us (and Master Chef Jerry) to prep and grill the steaks alongside the prawns and have a good old fashioned Surf-N-Turf (we could give them a bit extra if needed plus we'd be buying the beer and prawning time from them).

This would make it a more 'family friendly' event instead of the Poker Run ... we could start in mid-afternoon on Sat the 19th and go until ??? (BTW: it's also my pre-birthday party)

Hope to see some people from last year's BBQ and some new faces ... bringing plenty of beef, so hope we can get a good group together.

Once again ... comments?

Hi I am in
Kindly update me soon more details ya

Boorin87 wrote:

Hi I am in
Kindly update me soon more details ya

Thanks em ... will keep you updated.

Also ... to all ... I am open to any ideas for a location ... the prawning place is just one suggestion.

me 2

Me 3, if I ever decide to get back to Vietnam.  :proud

Ok, seems to be a lower interest this year ... might move it to a park instead or just organize it locally after I arrive. Howie, terumi, & Boorin87 & those who have replied via message, I will definitely update you all when I arrive.

Thanks.

4th :))

I love steaks. Too bad I'm coming back to Vietnam in January. I'm definitely in for next round.

Hi all , where is the BBQ address? I m in too

Ok, not a lot of response, but if we could get a quick 'response list' for any that are truly interested for tomorrow, Saturday the 19th, I will go later today to try to secure a place and time.

John,

You are going to have to count me out.  I am still in California, awaiting a little repair work on my knee.  You have fun, drink one for me.  I will drop you a line before I get in.

Howie

Ok .. thanks Howie .. hope all works ok for you

Working on a location / time now with someone .. will update later.

Looks like we might have a location in District 5 ... time would be Sunday afternoon or evening ... will update again soon.

Ok ... here it is: BBQ is tonight, Sunday October 20 at 7pm at 29 Yet Kieu, P.9, Q.5, HCMC ... a bit less organized than last year, but message if you will join us. There will be other food also and we can buy beer/soda/etc. onsite ... ok, hope to see some of you there.

John