Is there job oppurtunity in OMan for woman?

Hi 
I am new member of this forum.

My husband has got a offer in muscat, we are considering this offer. 
but...
I am working in India in IT Security Channel sale with 8+yrs Exp. I am looking for a job in Oman. kindly let me know the possibilities and job oppurtunities for ladies in OMan. only issue i see is unlike dubai and Qatar i see here there is very very less job oppurtunities for ladies in OMan.

I hear from expats in dubai that job oppurtunity for female is very less and tough to get.

can i get a job in Oman after landing there.

looking forward for your replies and suggestion.

we are planning to move to Muscat.

Regards
Eswari

Well that's information you quoted is not true. There are number of expat ladies working here in different departments. If you have the right skills you can compete anyone male/female for the job. Wait till you land here and you will see it for yourself.

Eshwari!
I would suggest you to first settle down in Oman with your husband. Understand the country work atmosphere. Interact with other females with the same interests and then seek for a job.

Sales jobs are quite available here in Oman, however it depends on your luck and skills to how fast you secure a position out here.

Best o' luck!

Hi Dear

Even now i am in same situation . My husband is considering offer for Oman but even i heard same thing that expat womens dont get job easily in Oman . I am BE, MBA HR & Master in Laws have 8 yrs work experience in Operations & Strategic HR .Heard that they prefer Omani nationalities only for HR jobs . Someone have any info . Please guide

Hello All,

Disheartening as it may be, fresh job opportunities for expatriate women in Oman are indeed a huge challenge these days. And it would only get tougher as days go by. The reason for this is to provide gainful employment opportunity to the locals, in what is commonly called ‘Omanisation', done in a very concerted manner by the government.

Organisations have been advised by the Ministry of Manpower not to appoint any more new expatriate women. Many candidates' employment visas have been turned down by the authorities for the same reason in the very recent past. A formal ban came into effect from January of this year. The period of the ban stated at that point was for 6 months. Whether that ban will be revoked or not is anybody's guess.

The authorities are clamping down seriously on limiting jobs for expatriates – both male and female – in whatever way possible so as to offer those jobs to the locals (whether they are qualified and experienced or not). This is the ground reality.

Hi All,

Further to what I have already posted here find below some the latest published information on the topic of discussion :

This is the headline news in today's Muscat Daily.

TEMPORARY RESTRICTION ON WORK VISAS FOR WOMEN, SAYS OMAN'S MINISTRY OF MANPOWER

http://www.muscatdaily.com/Archive/Oman … power-33pj