Moving to HCMC

Hello everyone,

I i'm from the UK and am moving to HCMC in August, I want to teach English there.  I have lived and taught in Korea for 4 years, have a degree and tefl cert.  It would be great if anyone could answer a few questions for me ^^

How much should I bring to vn with me?
What kind of wage can I expect to get?
Is there anything I should bring from home I can't purchase there?
Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Depends !

Hi Freg Star,

Here is a link I think you should check first: vietnamonline.com/az/teaching-english-in-vietnam.html

I live in Ha Noi so I don't know what kind of wage you should expect to get as you planed to move to HCMC, I read the same question a couple of months ago but it's the average salary for an english teacher in Hanoi. Check it out: tnhvietnam.xemzi.com/vi/aska/answers/qid/4906.

I hope it would be helpful for you :)

Regards,
Linh:)

You just come on here to flog your business, not help anyone

The rules state, no advertising, look it up.You made a post especially to flog your business, dont play the good samaritan

Dear friend, if you still don't have any job in Vietnam so you will need some money for the first month for your living (including health insurance) and some more for visa extention. Well, I will need around 250 usd for renting a room, plus one or two months deposit, 300 usd for food. Of course you will have to get around by bus, motorbike taxi and taxi. HCMC is a big big city

[moderated : posted in the wrong section]

Well, i believe you can easly get paid 20$/h and if you find corporate trainning its 25$/h.

the food. it depends if you like eating "on th estreet" or in more modern restaurants, or cook. but whatever you choose the food is cheap. we lived in china before and when we compare we are always amazed that good in china was so unhealthy and so expansive and here everything is good quality and much cheaper!

Aga