New in town looking for friends

I am posted to Vietnam from Jakarta. Arrived here almost a month ago and would love to meet up with friendly, nice and honest expats living in HCMC.  WOuld also love to exchange language lessons i.e. French/Spanish/Vietnamese with Bahasa Malaysia or Cantonese (a dialect of the Chinese language mainly spoken in Hong Kong).  I am a Malaysian who speaks fluent Bahasa Malaysia and a little bit of Bahasa Indonesia.

I love meeting people and making new friends. Love drinking coffee and chit chat.  Any advice on security, places of interest, places to eat, places to shop for essentials, accommodation etc etc is welcomed.

Do contact me via this forum or my email address -

Hi pandamc1912,

Welcome to Expat-blog! :)

Hi, Nice to know you. Hope you enjoy your life in Saigon.
..so consistent because your birthday is as same as mine. :)

Melissa

See you around, abang....:D:D:D

Hello..Welcome to HCMC. VN is a safe place to live.Just widen your circle of friends and smile. Discover HCMC alone could be very fun too but there is a couple of VNmese that offers free of service /volunteering to show HCMC. I will send ya their email in your mail box..

Honeyclotte

Hi pandamc1912

Welcome to hcmc!

see you around :)

honeyclotte wrote:

Hello..Welcome to HCMC. VN is a safe place to live.Just widen your circle of friends and smile. Discover HCMC alone could be very fun too but there is a couple of VNmese that offers free of service /volunteering to show HCMC. I will send ya their email in your mail box..

Honeyclotte

Thank you very much.  I appreciate your help and your mail.

hiii, I already sent u an email ^^

hi dtcuong85, got your mail.  thanks will catch up soon

Hey guys! What's up? :D

Hi there... welcome to HCM. It is nice to know that there is another Malaysian living in HCM :) Do let me know if you are interested to meet up.

Hello Shabee and welcome to Expat.com!

I hope that you will have a lot of nice contacts.

Good luck,
Harmonie.

Shabee wrote:

Hi there... welcome to HCM. It is nice to know that there is another Malaysian living in HCM :) Do let me know if you are interested to meet up.

Sure it is always great to meet another fellow malaysian.

Welcome to HCM ,abang
hope you do enjoy here, gambateh..!!
cya around .:)

John.yeung wrote:

Welcome to HCM ,abang

Hahahahaha..... bukan abang tapi adik!!!  thanks and yes c ya around.  Are you Malaysian or Singaporean?

John.yeung wrote:

Welcome to HCM ,abang

welcome John........:D:D

Hi pandamc1912.  We just moved here January this year.  Let me know if you are coming to Phu My Hung.  I'm searching for evening movie partners actually :)

Rozana.

xanadubell wrote:

Hi pandamc1912.  We just moved here January this year.  Let me know if you are coming to Phu My Hung.  I'm searching for evening movie partners actually :)

Rozana.

Hi Rozana,

I am a movie freak.  I work in D7 and anytime you want to watch a movie count me in and I can finish the movie before I go back to D1 where I stay.

Are you a Malaysian?

Regards
Margaret

Hi Margaret.  That's great!  I'm Singaporean and live very close to the Paragon.  There is a cinema on the 5th floor of the mall.  I have a Singaporean friend who wants to go movies too, maybe we can plan to go watch together.  You are living very far, is it ok to catch 8pm movie?  Both my friend and I have a child, so the best time for us is after 7.30pm. Keep in touch.

Rozana.

xanadubell wrote:

Hi Margaret.  That's great!  I'm Singaporean and live very close to the Paragon.  There is a cinema on the 5th floor of the mall.  I have a Singaporean friend who wants to go movies too, maybe we can plan to go watch together.  You are living very far, is it ok to catch 8pm movie?  Both my friend and I have a child, so the best time for us is after 7.30pm. Keep in touch.

Rozana.

Sure Rozana, I am fine the more people the merrier.  After work we can catch dinner and then the movies.  If possible on a Friday so that saturday I can sleep in.  I am a Malaysian.  I have not found myself an apartment yet and am still looking.  Maybe you can introduce some in Phu My Hung.

Let's plan for the coming movie after next week.  My family member is with me until this saturday. 

Take care

On Friday nites sound great.  I'll be away on holiday the whole week of next week.  I shall call you when I'm back and we can go for movie on the Friday.  Are you looking for a house or apartment?  Let me know what's your budget.  I'll let you know whenever I get any informations on renting house/apt.

Ana.

Hi, all. I'm a new comer in this city, from Hanoi. I've been here for a week. Even though I'm a Vietnamese but I still feel scared and lonely here sometimes. Do wish to make some good friends through this forum.

nancy.doan wrote:

Hi, all. I'm a new comer in this city, from Hanoi. I've been here for a week. Even though I'm a Vietnamese but I still feel scared and lonely here sometimes. Do wish to make some good friends through this forum.

Welcome Nancy.  I have been here about 2 months and have met many friends from Expat.com which I am sure you will too.  I am planning to have a gathering with all my expat and vietnamese friends which I have met online and will get together for coffee.  If you are interested I will put your name down.

Let me know. 
Regards
Margaret

pandamc1912 wrote:

Welcome Nancy.  I have been here about 2 months and have met many friends from Expat.com which I am sure you will too.  I am planning to have a gathering with all my expat and vietnamese friends which I have met online and will get together for coffee.  If you are interested I will put your name down.

Let me know.  You can contact me at +84909989256

Regards
Margaret

Hi, Margaret

Coffee is cool. No doubt that I'm very happy to join you. I will send you an SMS.
Thanks for being my first friend in HCMC :)

Nancy

nancy.doan wrote:
pandamc1912 wrote:

Let me know.

Regards
Margaret

Hi, Margaret

Coffee is cool. No doubt that I'm very happy to join you. I will send you an SMS.
Thanks for being my first friend in HCMC :)

Nancy

my pleasure.

Regards
Margaret

Hi pandamc1912
It's nice to be your friend. I am TRI.

Cheers

btrivo wrote:

Hi pandamc1912
It's nice to be your friend. I am TRI.

Cheers

Hi Tri, thanks for writing in.  U interested to join us for coffee someday? contact me ok.

Hi,
I would like to join u guys for coffee too. I'm doing an internship in FV Hospital (d7).
Cheers,
Rachel

Hi! Nice to meet you. :):):)

Vy

Hi pandamc1912,

Thank you so much for your kind invitation. Just let me know your plan ;)

TRI

Dear all,

Let me formally introduce myself.  My name is Margaret and I am from Malaysia. 

For those whom have written in, thanks for writing in and what do you say if we get together for coffee this Sunday 17/7/2011 at 4.00pm in Saigon Centre Highland Cafe in District 1.  No agenda to this.  It is just to chill, get to know new friends and exchange language, living skills in HCMC and networking.

If you are interested do turn up.  Just in case I would not be sitting there alone.....hehehehe....do sms to confirm if possible.  I will also try to bring some of my colleagues along so that we can have more people to chat with.

Hope to hear from you soon.....

Regards
Margaret