A girl from Ha Noi moving to Sai Gon

hhhh

Hi,
you are welcome. You need a comfortable accomadation and some friends then everythings will be ok. Good lucks

Hi Hang,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Thank you for this introduction.

I wish you get lots of new contacts here.

All the best,
Christine

Hi Hang,

Welcome to Ho Chi Minh City! I think what you need to prepare for are aggressive drivers and congestion. and also discover exciting and new friends. Hope you have a pleasant stay. Good luck!

Tom

Hi Hang,
I m johnny working in a recruitment company. if you are coming to saigon and looking for a job in hospitality sector pls dont hesitate to contact me.
Thanx

Johnny

Hi Hang,

I am Thuy , i am from Hanoi too and moved to Saigon for about year and a half. Glad to be your new friend when you are in Saigon.

I think everything is not so difficult to addapt in Saigon as we are vietnameses. As some people mentioned above that you need to find a good place to stay then find a job.. People here are very friendly and not difficult to find things what you need... I live in D2 and also Saigon now have more and more Hanoian living here.... Good luck and ger ready to move........

Dear friend,
Contact me in case you need any help.

Hardest part is finding where you like to live. District 2 in An Phu area, District 1, District 3, District 7 Phu My Hung, etc. are ideal places. Might help to find a temporary place to live and just apply to jobs on Vietnamworks.com for starters.

After that, finding places to eat and shop and have fun and you'll never want to leave like me.

High 5 for coming from the same city, chi! I moved to HCMC 3 months ago and haven't known many places here yet. However, from what I have seen so far, HCMC is a lovely place to live.

Hi Hang,

Welcome to HCMC

Hi hang,

Iam moving to saigon for work too.
I have the same concern when ít comes to this change like you.

How is the city treating you now?

Ha linh

Hi everybody,

I read your posts and found they're interesting.
Moving from a city to another isn't always easy. But you'll find something news and of course friends. You'll learn alot, i'm sure.
I moved to France 10 years ago. Sure, I have encountered alot of difficults (language barrier, culture, etc..) but all that are helpful. Now, I want to come back in Vietnam and I think I can very well adapt to the new life. I'm seeking jobs opportunities before. If anyone have some contacts, do not hesistate to share with me. I'm working in the pharmaceutical area. Hope we'll meet over there.

nice to have beautiful girls moving to hcmc :)

a warm welcome to all hanoians moving to HCMC. Please keep urselves up-to-date to our weekly meetups on thursdays thread so that we could see each other and exchange experience about assimilating and intergrating to this city :)  Regards.

P/S: im currently very busy with my new work and skipped the last 3, 4 meetups but I'll certainly be happy to be there again. See ya guys around :)

Hi friends,

Thanks a lot for all of your response, more importantly positive ones.
It is like giving me more power to put my foot down :)

Like it is said, we never know til we try.
I think Iam ready for this big step.

See you guys around in the city :)

Great! More friends to make in Saigon!

Hey, you guys. Its late to post a reply. I mean, it has been over half of year. I have recently visited SG again, where I met only 1 friend frm here ( what a pity!) but it was nice and suprising though. I havnt moved there yet partly bcs of my job which keeping here in Hn, mainly bcs it never seem to be a good time.. But surely Sai gon attracted me in some ways and im very fond of it too. I guess im still coming. And till then hope u guys keep in touch and keep me updated too. Thanks again and lets have an offline meeting of all friends who replied to this(when im there ofcourse.

i live here and i know everywhere to enjoy here. contact me if you need some help
Mr Vu : 0913 011177
yahoo : [email protected]

Hi Hang,

I have replied to your private email awhile back but I did not received any reponse from you yet. I guess you have forgotten this friend?

Tom

hi all
my name yulius, come from indonesia. i will stay in ho chi minh for long time, may be 2 years, i need friends now. now i live in hotel bong sen dist 1.
if you wanna be my friend contact me by YM: [email protected]

thank you

I will be moving to Ho Chi Minh soon.... perhaps we can be friends

cheers

hi
I am from sweden and now in vietnam ...i would like to meet you i possible

Hello swelan,

This topic is nearly 3 years old now and many of the members who originally posted to it are no longer active on Expat-blog. I'm sure you'll have better results in posting a new topic thread to the forum in order to introduce yourself, than you'll have by dredging up ancient topics to post to.

Cheers,
James
Expat-blog Experts Team