Moving to Munich and need informations

hi there. im in the process of moving to Munich, just spent the last 3 days visiting, looking at houses and school. beautiful part of the world and looking forward to moving but apprehensive re meeting people and getting about.  going to be moving to Neufarhn in a few weeks, into a temp place till house ready. any info/tips re the place or surrounding areas muchly appreciated thanks

Hi M0211jones,

Welcome to Expat-blog :).

Maybe you could write a little bit about yourself.

Also you can check out Accommodation in Germany in the guide top left.

Wish you the best of luck with everything.

Thank you

Regards

Maxmimilien

thankyou.
i'm married, mum of 2, ages 12 and 8. like cooking, swimming, reading, shopping and getting out and about. have been living in KSA for 4 yrs and UK previous to that.

Neufahrn is a small town (really more a village) 25km North of Munich. Despite the recent growth (due to proximity to the new airport), it is still rural and you won't find much international (or English language) stuff there. But it's a great place for walks through the countryside. There's also a nice lake for bathing.
The S-Bahn (suburban train) connection to Munich is excellent and takes just 30min (far better than driving).

thankyou. i don't speek any german at all at the moment so looks like im going to find it hard. i will obviously try

Will your children be attending an International School or local? We have been in Germany 3 years, let me know what questions you have. I don't know anything about Neufahrn, we live in Munich.