Road Biking

Is that even a good idea to be road biking in HCMC? Safety-wise.

-V

What is "road biking"? Is it motorbikes or cycles?

sorry for the confusion.  Cycling.  urbanvelo.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/ringleader.jpg

As much as I enjoy riding a motorbike, I'd still prefer a road bike.

Victor,

Still Road Biking in HCMC? Used to do a lot road biking till I almost got killed back home since then I concentrated most of my time on XC and trail riding. But I m in HCMC now. I m not sure where to find off road trials. I would try to get every chance I can get to cycle even if it Road riding.

:)

Hey Victor,

I just moved here and got myself a road bike. I would love to connect and ride with your group. Thanks.

John

Dont forget, riding a bike here, you at the bottom of the pegging order.

Hello colinoscapee,

Thanks for your reply. Can you kindly differentiate "pecking order" in Vietnam? I would be interested in hearing your opinion about riding a bike purely for fitness gets identify as a lower social class. Is that the reason, motorbikes and cars are considered higher social class? Do you recommend -- I should not ride my bike if I prefer not to be in a lower pecking order in Vietnam? Thoughts? Thanks in advance for your answer.

John

Hi, sorry about the confusion. I ride a bike everyday here in Vung Tau as its a great way to get around and good for your health. What I meant by pecking order was that bikes are the least respected on the road,it goes,bicycle,motorbike,small car,larger car,small truck, bus and large trucks. Dont expect anyone to give way to you on a bicycle,in saying that I find riding a bike an easy way to get around, just be aware of the pecking order on the roads.

Great. Thanks for the reply and clarification to the post.

The upside to riding a bike is that you don't have to follow any traffic rules and you just go and do anything you want.

I am being a little sarcastic but it is true. If you have ever driven past a school after they let out in the afternoon you will know.

d7 less traffic.

I suggest go to district 7 and the road go to Can Gio beach, it is less traffic and countryside seeing.
Have fun!

VungTauDon wrote:

The upside to riding a bike is that you don't have to follow any traffic rules and you just go and do anything you want.

I am being a little sarcastic but it is true. If you have ever driven past a school after they let out in the afternoon you will know.

Good one Don, they must all think they are riding pushbikes here? The idiot school kids up here, while riding 2 - 5 abreast, have become immune to hearing even loud truck horns, they refuse to move over for anyone, even worse when it's raining, they won't go through any water on the road, I'm amazed there hasn't been more killed.