Classical Music concert by the Saigon Philharmonic Orchestra

Hi Everyone,

My name is Adrian Tan, a Singaporean conductor who has recently been appointed Music Director of the Saigon Philharmonic Orchestra. We will be having a concert on 22nd March (Fri), 8pm at the HCM Conservatory of Music on Nguyen Du (Q1). Would love to meet anyone from the expat community who loves classical music!

Cheers,
Adrian

Hi Tan,

Could u please tell me more details about this? How to join? ect.

Thanks,

Hien.

Thank you for this notice. 
Please tell us about the programme for the concert. 

Also, you may wish to post a notice to AnPhu Neighbours and Phu My Hung neighbours (Google Groups).

I look forward to Friday's concert.

Hi Adrian,

I invite you to post this advert in the Ho Chi Minh City classifieds  > event section.

Thank you.

Hi, the Programme is Tchaikovsky's Romeo and Juliet Fantasy Overture, Symphony No.4 in F minor and Quang Hai's Concerto for Dan Tranh (Vietnamese 16 string zither)

Adrian

Hi Adrian

I wish I had seen your notice earlier. I'm an American spending as much of my retirement time in Saigon (Go Vap District) as possible and love classical music and have another American friend visiting who loves it (and is MUCH more knowledgeable) than me.

If there is any easy way to keep up with the concert schedule here please let me know.  My friend is around for another two weeks and if you have any free time to meet for coffee, that would be great for us...I'd like to listen to discussion the two of you would have!  My friend is German-American (came to the USA when he was 30, a citizen now), a professional photographer and an ex art history university teacher.  Me, I'm just a retired elementary school teacher. He's 56, I'm 62 so perhaps you'd enjoy the company of younger people.

Best wishes on your new position and hope to hear you conduct in the near future!

Rick Curia

Hello Adrian, 

I love classical music and I hope your concert goes well. I wish I could be there.

Wayne

Hello,

I have been a lover of classical music since as long as I can remember. I do however miss live concerts. I attend the proms for the 1st time when I was 16  and being going to as many concerts as I can.