Basketball in Riyadh

Hi folks!

I've just moved to the KSA and am currently living in Riyadh. I've made a little research to see if there are any people meeting up to play basketball however couldn't find any, yet. I played at DQ's Sports Centre last weekend, interestingly there were no people other than me and my friend. The basketball court and the hoops were not great however not that bad either. Anyway, long story short, let's gather and play together at the weekends or after work for some exercise and fun. I do believe we can reach to an enormous number in a short time, just 10 players will be enough at the beginning though. We can organize tournaments at a later stage if we reach to large numbers.

Waiting for your news then..

Cheers!

Do you need to pay to use the recreation center at the DQ to play basketball there?  I would love to play as soon as things die down a bit.  I've only been here a couple of weeks and still haven't moved into my apartment.  Please post again if you get any takers.

I am not a member and I used the court by paying 50 SAR which is not that bad for this kind of fun. I'm new here also and haven't settled down either, however for playing basketball all we need is a proper shoe along with a short and t-shirt mate, I played on my first weekend here! ;-)

Let's see if we can find at least 6 people. We can start by teams of 3 and then expand them in time..

I may have.to go back to Canada this weekend.  I should be back toward the end of March.  I will check out the DQ rec when I get back.

ToBeOrNotToBe wrote:

Hi folks!

I've just moved to the KSA and am currently living in Riyadh. I've made a little research to see if there are any people meeting up to play basketball however couldn't find any, yet. I played at DQ's Sports Centre last weekend, interestingly there were no people other than me and my friend. The basketball court and the hoops were not great however not that bad either. Anyway, long story short, let's gather and play together at the weekends or after work for some exercise and fun. I do believe we can reach to an enormous number in a short time, just 10 players will be enough at the beginning though. We can organize tournaments at a later stage if we reach to large numbers.

Waiting for your news then..

Cheers!

DQ rec is open for any nationalities? I can bring along a lot of friends to play basketball, but it is necessary to pay 50 SR every visit? (50 SR each person?).

Hi there,
I will be moving to Riyadh in a couple of months.
I would be glad to be a part of your basketball group.

If you want a good basketball court, try behind the Nursery(opposite Mall on Olaya Street0, at exit5. This is 2 minute walk from the Nursery which is on a corner. Go to the end of this side street, turn left and you will see the beautiful courts. There is a playground area too, for the children.

Good luck

suzan wrote:

If you want a good basketball court, try behind the Nursery(opposite Mall on Olaya Street0, at exit5. This is 2 minute walk from the Nursery which is on a corner. Go to the end of this side street, turn left and you will see the beautiful courts. There is a playground area too, for the children.

Good luck

Im sorry Suzan, I didn't get it. Where exactly is this "behind the nursery"? We used to play hoops in exit 5, opposite of china mart where in herfy accomodation is located.

Thanks.

you can contact me throug 0581509777. We play basketball at least 3 times a week sundays at al yamama hotel wednesdays at kingdom hospital and saturdays at arqah park. we have upcoming tournaments this april if you are a baller then why not try out for our team.

Hi guys,

I've left Saudi Arabia for good. I wish all of you the best of luck and patience there! Hope you can gather together and play together one day.

Cheers!

Anybody know of a proper bball court nearby the Kuwaiti Askan buildings or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs area?

Guys, I play basketball too so if you need more players, please let me know. I'm just here in Olaya.

im in too
i live in Sulai Area

pinoy here! we are a group of 6 from the company and need some friends to play basketball with! we are just a month old here in riyadh! please invite us! thanks!

HI GUYS,..JUST ARRIVE HERE IN RIYADH,,IM REALLY A LOVE TO PLAY BASKETBALL,SO PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF WHERE TO PLAY BALL IN THIS CITY..THANKS...

Hi rudz21.com,

Welcome to Expat.com.

Can you please avoid posting in capital letters, it makes the reading difficult :)

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

I just arrived in Riyadh and am looking for basketball court and friends to play with.
Is there a court behind the Nursery on the opposite side of the Mall on Olaya Street? When is good to meet other players? Please, anybody let me know... ^^

Hey Sang Lee,

Did you manage to find a basketball court?
I would like to join playing it this weekend.

please let me know what's up.

Thanks
Kamil

Everybody is in and ready including me. .  so where to meet? And when?

Date? Time? Location?

Hello guys,

Please include me in any future basketball games. Contact me on [Moderated: pls send details in private]

Does anybody still have an intention to play basketball once/twice a week? If so i am willing to play also. I am an ex-pro and was playing in the veteran leagues before i came here.

Thanks guys,

Can anyone who is already playing write here the location and time?

Same as kom340, any pick up games nowadays?

iam here ?.. just searching for a b.b team ?

Any organization? I really dunno Riyadh. Thats why i am asking, if i had known where to play, i would arrange it already :) Anyone??

We are playing basketball at the RCH exit 14 every Thursday night. Me and my friends searching for another basketball court due to the RCF court is already crowded during that day.

So AlexisGarcia do you still play there or not?

We still play together with our friends and we are planning to play every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday.

Do you guys play today?

would like to join your group... new here in riyadh and I play basketball a lot...tnx bros...

KABAYAN

for those who interested to play basketball in Sheraton hotel venue, we are planning to make a group every Friday night 9:00-11:00 pm those interested just post your reply.

thanks.
lpl

lplimson wrote:

KABAYAN

for those who interested to play basketball in Sheraton hotel venue, we are planning to make a group every Friday night 9:00-11:00 pm those interested just post your reply.

thanks.
lpl

is  there a  group  for tennis? I really  wanna  learn  and play tennis! :)

bro, we're interested to play with you guys during weekends... how many are you so far?... we are two... from Philippines... thanks...

Unfortunately were almost 16 more or less. Send your mobile no. in my private message so we can count you guys for the next future games.

Thanks.
lpl

Sorry sir were playing basketball games.
If you want to play tennis you can joined to the military hospital in sulamaniyah every weekends morning and evening its free just bring you gear at the rooftop level.

Thanks.
lpl

Hi guys,

Im jake garcia i would like to join your group to play basketball. New here in riyadh. I love to play basketball. I can play every friday .my appartment is just 20 mins from sheraton hotel.

Ds is my cp number here. 0534396265
Hoping for reply. Thank you....

Hi there!  I am in Riyadh 2-3 weeks a month. I would love to play ball at the Sheraton.  Would you mind signing me up please?  Thank you and looking forward!

Hi,

Guys, saan pa merong League or Tournament na magsisismula pa lang. We're willing to join. Na-cancel kasi yung tournament sa Sheraton so naghahanap kami ng masasalihan. Or mapaglalaruan

Thanks.

hey i loved to join with your team to play basket. i am living Near exit 13. send email to ***