OR-150 , Is This Package Good Or Bad...?

I Got An Offer For MUSCAT

Salary - 150 Oman Riyal
Food   - 25  Oman Riyal
Bonus  - 75  Oman Riyal ( But We Have to Work For Over Time And                                       ,                         Also Work On Weekends )
Free Accommodation - Bachelor Status
Free Transport
Mobile Allowances ( As Per Company Terms )
Medical ( As Per Company Terms )

This Offer Is For Junior Engineer .,
They Contract Is For 2 Years ,
Will They Increase The Salary ....
is This A Good Offer To Live In Muscat .

Hello Jimmy Raj.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope you'll be advised soon by other members.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Jimmy Raj,

R.O.250/- per month in hand is not too bad. You should be able to just about manage. More so since you've been offered bachelor's status.

For the first 2 years (duration of the contract), they're unlikely to revise it.

If what you're currently drawing back home is more than what is being offered now, then try and negotiate with your Muscat employer for an amount which is more.

Come and check it out if the job and the place are to your liking. Else, tell your employer not to renew your contract after the first contract.

But keep in mind your job prospects on your return - if at all you decide to do so - after 2 years outside of India. It may not be a cakewalk.

Good Luck !

If it is your first time to go abroad take it.....in my workplace, we are offering R 180/- for waiters/waitresses with housing and transpo, 5 days a week work.....as an engineer it is very very low. But since they are taking you from your home country, they will offer you the least....by law it is only 5 days a week here and overtime can not be fixed, that company exploits you. Engineers get very good pay, however, once you find another job here you can easily change employer but you might have difficulty to increase your worth is you will start low.

Hello Hexebella

Thnks For your Comments.,,

If Now I Accept that Offer and Signed The Contract for 2 years ,
then after working for 1 year is it possible to change the employer
can i change /switch to other company , it is possible ,

some say its illegal to change the company ,
how can we proceed this..?

Hello Sumitran....,

Since It My First job In Gulf im not worried about low package but after working 1 year  is possible to change in to other company ,
we can break the 2 years contract , is it possible..

Yes it is possible and very legal, it  is the law now in the sultanate, no ban at all, even before you finish 3 months probationary period, you can change employer. My friend left the company before she finished 3 months, so she notified the company for 7 days and in two months, the new company took her back to Oman, it was quite long because the new company has applied for clearance for the visa, but if clearance is ready, 2-3 days the new employment visa will be processed by the new company, in one week time you will be able to come back to Oman.....

Jimmy Raj wrote:

Hello Sumitran....,

Since It My First job In Gulf im not worried about low package but after working 1 year  is possible to change in to other company ,

Hi Jimmy Raj,

No ... you cannot break your employment contract by opting on your own to go and join some other employer. Remember, your employer spends a substantial amount of money to get you into Oman in the first place. So even if you decide to go back, for whatever reason, your employer will make sure they recover their costs out of your settlement amount.

Shifting of jobs is not allowed by Omani Labour Laws, since you'll be tied down by your employment visa and you will be under the sponsorship of that employer only.

If you must take up another job you can by all means. But first you have to resign from your company and return to India. Your employment Visa would have to necessarily get cancelled before you can reenter on some other employer's work visa. It is a time consuming process. Not a cakewalk as some might incorrectly think.

Also please be aware that if you resign after working for sometime and before the expiry of your 2 year employment contract, your employer will make you pay your own return airfare plus will deduct whatever amount is legally possible.

The net result is you'll end up being the loser. This is meant to be deterrent for any employee to resign and return after say working for 6 months or 1 year.

Good luck !

Sumitran wrote:
Jimmy Raj wrote:

Hello Sumitran....,

Hi Jimmy Raj,

No ... you cannot break your employment contract by opting on your own to go and join some other employer. Remember, your employer spends a substantial amount of money to get you into Oman in the first place. So even if you decide to go back, for whatever reason, your employer will make sure they recover their costs out of your settlement amount.

Shifting of jobs is not allowed by Omani Labour Laws, since you'll be tied down by your employment visa and you will be under the sponsorship of that employer only.

If you must take up another job you can by all means. But first you have to resign from your company and return to India. Your employment Visa would have to necessarily get cancelled before you can reenter on some other employer's work visa. It is a time consuming process. Not a cakewalk as some might incorrectly think.

Also please be aware that if you resign after working for sometime and before the expiry of your 2 year employment contract, your employer will make you pay your own return airfare plus will deduct whatever amount is legally possible.

The net result is you'll end up being the loser. This is meant to be a deterrent for any employee to resign and return after, say working for 6 months or 1 year.

Good luck !