Anti spam system & new rules

abdes001 wrote:

It's juste we have questions and we search some answers, is there other solutions plz

Yes - Use the forum

My apologies

Hi
I was not aware of this
Could you reset my rules.
I shall follow the rules in future.

Regards
Imran

Imranmody wrote:

Hi
I was not aware of this
Could you reset my rules.
I shall follow the rules in future.

Regards
Imran

There is no way the forum will "reset" the rules just for you.  The rules are explained on post#1 and hundreds of other posts here on this thread.

New members please note.

Posts here on this thread will not count towards having your message system activated.

ok. thanks

Julien wrote:

Hi,

in order to ensure quality to our users, and to considerably reduce the number of spam sent by private messages, we decided to set up a few new rules.

But we'll start with a few explanations.

Our definition of spam ?
Unsolicited emails or private messages.

How we detect spam ?
90% of spam is sent by new users
90% of spam are "copy and paste messages"

Please, please...
Don't send the same message to several users without taking the time to explain us how we could help you on the forum.

If you are a new user and if you post more than 5 copy and paste messages, your private message system gets blocked.

Stop asking us to unlock your PM system
You can unblock your private message system by yourself. How can you do that ?

Please take the time to present yourself on the forum, to participate to a few discussions (with real answers), and your private message system will be unlocked. That's it !

really great! i loved this! congrats really.

why i liked most is, really i mostly use copy paste things. this really taught me good. thanks and really good work my man!

that is fine.

emrek wrote:

that is fine.

Perhaps it's worth a mention that posting pointless drivel on this thread won't unblock your PM system.

emrek wrote:

that is fine.

Read post #1701

kindly unlock my private message,  i was not aware but the rule of copy&past but i didnt past anything bad thank you

imani jean wrote:

kindly unlock my private message,  i was not aware but the rule of copy&past but i didnt past anything bad thank you

Read the very first post on this thread. It clearly says only you can unblock your PM system and no one else. Take time to read and understand all of the other rules as well.

sorry for the mistake

Ok,This brings better understanding on how the system works.

yeah. i hope i can send one now

Hi, i do understand the reason for this however i sent copy paste messages simply because i was tired of writing the same thing as i am messaging those people for the exact same reason, which is their apartment they are advertising! I just said : '' I am very interested, is the place still available please??'' I amone or spaming anyone, and ia am the least dangerous person in the world, seriously, i cant even kill a mosquito... I am busy i do not have time to go participate in discussion if i dont know what to say, i already just messaged a person actually to help with banking in SA before the account was even blocked.. I am quite desperatly looking for a place to rent and would appreciate the access to my mail box please....

Hello Fellows

Recently moved to Dubai . Would like to meet friends to hand around. Its really getting bored in here.

Thanks

Hello people
This is the message I copy/pasted to 5 people who all said they wanted information on Medellin:
"My name is Marco and I have been living in Medellin for three years. What would you like to know?
Greets, Marco"
Is this spam?

globetrotpolyglot wrote:

Hello people
This is the message I copy/pasted to 5 people who all said they wanted information on Medellin:
"My name is Marco and I have been living in Medellin for three years. What would you like to know?
Greets, Marco"
Is this spam?

If they sent a PM to you requesting information, no.
If these were forum posts and you sent PMs instead of using the forum to reply, Yes

You'd be amazed by the number of crooks, weirdos, and sex pests we used to get, hence the spam killer to stop them.

Gotcha!
Thanks...
Marco

im a new user and didnt know about spam rules

Dear sir,

Please unblock my messages. Iam sure that I will not send any Copy / paste messages any more.

Thanks in advance..

Warm regards,
Victor

Victor1973 wrote:

Dear sir,

Please unblock my messages. Iam sure that I will not send any Copy / paste messages any more.

Thanks in advance..

Warm regards,
Victor

Do you bother to read? Anyway answer is NO. Will not unblock you.

As  a long term member of this forum I am truly amazed by the hundreds of new members who join up, then immediately try to send out unwanted messages to complete strangers. They then complain loudly if the system rejects them.

The answer is so simple.

When you joined up you did not read the forum rules before clicking the 'I agree' button.
Post #1 on this thread, along with hundreds of others explain how the forum works and what you need to do to have your message system re activated.

So, before simply complaining long and loud on this thread, please take the time to read, understand and follow the forum rules.

Follow the rules and you will eventually become a contributing member of the forum.

If none of this appeals to you then you have the option to leave the forum by clicking on 'contact us' at the bottom of the page.

pammolive9 wrote:

Hello Fellows

Recently moved to Dubai . Would like to meet friends to hand around. Its really getting bored in here.

Thanks

Try the Dubai forum. You'll get more replies than here.

Noted and well understood

Tnx

mm7020 wrote:

i am new user and :(

Maybe you should read this then https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 44#4313572

Hello.
Sorry for my mistakes

Would you please unblock me.

Ansraj Basanth wrote:

Would you please unblock me.

I guess you failed to read the very first post on this topic or lots of other comments here?

As they clearly say Its only you that can reactivate your PM system and please stop asking to be unblocked, because the answer will be NO!

Hi Julien,

I have introduced myself in the forum.

Awaiting further instructions.

Rashid

I am sorry for this.

Next Time, It will Never happened.

Sorry for my mistakes.
It will never happened again
Would you please solve my problem

Dear Admin,

Please ...solve the issue related my account...Plzzzzzzz

Hello, i had no idea that copying and pasting my introduction to people would make a problem ☹️, i wasn't sure that every one reads the other person's introduction on their profiles so i did send a copu paste introduction of mine☹️
I'm trying to solve my blocked system for so long and it's still not working..

@Pass2

The answer is very simple.
You are now blocked because you did not read the forum rules.
This forum is not a message board where you join up and immediately start sending out messages.
I am sure you would not be happy receiving unwanted, unsolicited messages from complete strangers. How do they know whether you are genuine or not. You could be a hacker or a troll. 
Copy and paste not allowed.
You are then only one who can reactivate your message system.

Read, understand and follow the rules by posting replies to other threads on different sections of the forum.
These posts need to be topical, informative and of interest. Any off topic, religious, personal type posts will not be accepted and may end in you being banned.

All up to you now.

Zaheerahmad wrote:

Dear Admin,

Please ...solve the issue related my account...Plzzzzzzz

What issue would that be?

Hi, thanks for informing.

Meet expats all over the world

OR