Desert trip - where to go?

Hello all,

I'd like to take a short trip to the desert over the weekend. I heard that at this time of year it is possible to find some desert plants blooming and get some peace & quiet in the process.
However I have no idea which way to go. Any tips and tricks? Thanks!

Hello :) I always considered going for a desert trip and would like to have some company. I heard north kuwait has sand ripples and it's beautiful.

Hello kinokocha - actually on Saturday I took off to get to the Mutlaa Ridge, but I quickly realized that embarking on a desert trip without the 4x4 vehicle is not the smartest thing to do. :) I still haven't given up on the idea, we can try it again together but I think we should have proper equipment first...and do it before the extreme temperatures kick in.

Yes please :) let's do it lol

It's easy to rent a 4x4 and it's cheap for 1 day use, you can leave that part to me if you want lol

I always wanted to do that because I want great shots of desert with my camera :D

Please message me about when you're going to go and we can talk more in detail :D

Deal, I guess next weekend should be possible.

Be sure to check out the AWARE CENTER. They always have fun things for expats like desert tours.

I don't like organized events, I prefer discovering things on my own (and often failing in the process).