Black shoes

Hello all

I'm back in Budapest to work and I'm in need of some cheap(ish) black shoes to wear.

I've had a search of the Mammut and West End shopping centres and have only found Deichmann that was cheap enough, which has a limited range.

Can anyone recommend a shop where I can buy some quite cheaply?

Many thanks in advance!

If you need the shoes just for some months then buy some from chinese stores which are on almost every corner in VII district for example. They wont last much longer but also just cost a few thousand forints. Otherwise i recommend checking out Ecco shoes in Westend i got all my shoes there and they often have like 40-60% discounts and they have a very good quality.

Clothing is expensive related to the salaries and the quality... At least, in deichmann very helpful if u have problems...

Thanks guys :)

Think I'm going to have to hit Deichmann again. I did find a place above the spar across from Nyugati but the sizes only went up to 45...need a 46 :(

I am not a passionate clothing-shopper, but I thought, WestEnd is  really not known to offer the best Bang-for-the-Buck, or did that change recently?t It used to be the shiny-expensive inner-city mall, perhaps that has worn off by now (we live nearby). I'd guess the larger, less central places are better in this respect.(has anyone mentioned Duna Pláza yet? It is at the same metro line at Gyöngyös utca)

And yeah, 'expensive related to the salaries' is a good sentence to describe the CEE region, at least from the western perspective. (apparently, standard of life in this sense is still highest in countries high prices, c.f. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita  )

Thanks all

The main problem I'm having is with the sizes. I need a 46/47 and most places only carry up to a 45.

The place above the Spar across from Nyugati have what I'm looking for...but not in my size :(

Try this place;

http://www.rikida.hu

They're in the city near Blaha Lujza ter metro, and carry large sizes, 46 - 50.

If you don't find anything suitable try googling:

" nagyméretű férfi cipő "

I finally found some!

I had a look above the Spar at Blaha Lujza Ter and they had some in my size! Only 2495HUF....although I can't imagine they will last me too long :/